View Full Version : 129 E. Main sells

metro
07-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Bricktown property sells for $560,000
By Pamela Grady - 7/15/2008
OKC Business

Jeff Allen, owner of Allen Contracting, purchased property at 129 E Main in Bricktown for $560,000 from Richard Magann.

The two-story industrial loft building was constructed in 1920 and totals 6,390 square feet.

Allen says future plans include renovations to the property for office space which Allen Contracting will use as its general office.

He said in the upcoming months he will hire an architect and then go before the Bricktown Design Committee for a proposal.

“The building hasn’t been occupied in a while, but we’re in no big hurry,” he said. “We’re just going to take our time and do it right.”

Allen said he took an interest to the property while refurbishing the Walnut Street Bridge (currently the Dr. G.E. Finley Bridge), a $4.2 million project designed to provide vehicular and pedestrian traffic to the Bricktown area.

The bridge which had been closed for nearly two years reopened in July 2006.

Carl Avey with Thomas Lay Realtors handled the deal. Lawyer’s Title handled the closing.

http://okcbusiness.com/images/photos/129-E-Main-bricktown-sold-1.jpg
A worker with Allen Contracting trims grass in front of 129 E. Main in Bricktown. Photo/Mark Hancock

Pete
07-16-2008, 09:27 AM
That building had been for sale for quite a while.

It's immediately west of the Walnut Bridge.

betts
07-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh, yes, I like that building. I've walked over the Walnut Bridge and hoped something would be done with it. It's probably not a superb location for a restaurant, retail or club, so as long as it's renovated, I'm happy.

Speaking of which, on the sports animal yesterday, Scissorhands said Mark Clayton is planning on doing something in Bricktown. I got the feeling he was talking about a club.

PLANSIT
07-16-2008, 10:44 AM
They have been cleaning the backside up (clearing branches and junk) for a couple of days now. I saw some gravel being pushed around as well.

wsucougz
07-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Good news. I thought that would make for nice lofts, but it probably isn't cost effective.

lpecan
07-16-2008, 03:35 PM
I hope they turn it into an ikea..

Seriously though... What can this be used for? There doesn't seem to be enough foot traffic there to sustain it. What's the demand like for office buildings in BT.

Either way, it seems good to see buildings at least selling instead of being sat upon.

mecarr
07-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Maybe it could be used for loft apartments.

Luke
07-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Seriously though... What can this be used for? There doesn't seem to be enough foot traffic there to sustain it.

If retail of some sort is what they're after, a good idea will create foot traffic.

mmonroe
07-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Well... right on the other side of the bridge seems to be some great food/drink places, lawyers offices, police station, and across the street... City Walk. Maybe uh... oh yeah, and a hotel is going in a block away...

kevinpate
07-17-2008, 03:49 AM
I don't really get the mystery. The article noted the purchaser intends to renovate and use as its office space.

Depending on the size of the entity, at 6390 available sq ft, the space ought to comfortably house their offices and perhaps another one to six smaller entities.

Drake
07-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks Kevin

I thouth maybe I read the article wrong or was missing something. I thought it clearly states it will become their general office

Dan
07-20-2008, 12:33 PM
This is good news. It's been on the market forever... looks like it sold for a reasonable price. From what I have heard, I believe this will have some mixed-use component (both a residential loft or two upstairs and offices down). Also, certainly admirable how quickly the new owner has gotten busy restoring the building -- there were glass crews yesterday replacing windows already.

route66gal
11-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I like this building alot, it is very cool at night with the old bridge next to it. I haven't been down there in some time, the steps are still on the bridge?