View Full Version : New South OKC Restaurant

Bobby821
07-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Coaches is taking over where Rick's American Restaurant was on I-240&Walker, I drove by today and sign crew was there switching out the ricks signs with Coaches ones. Is Coaches any good? is this a good or bad switch?

windowphobe
07-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Usually things like this depend on the enthusiasm of the wait staff.

dismayed
07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah I think they're pretty good. They have decent BBQ and they have their own microbrewed beer.

OKCDrummer77
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Usually things like this depend on the enthusiasm of the wait staff.

And that usually depends on how well we tip them. :tiphat:

GWB
07-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Coaches is taking over where Rick's American Restaurant was on I-240&Walker, I drove by today and sign crew was there switching out the ricks signs with Coaches ones. Is Coaches any good? is this a good or bad switch?

We went there with our family about a month ago (in Bricktown). We didn't like it too much. However, the night we went there is was packed because the Redhawks were in town playing, so maybe that had something to do with it. Our cheese sticks arrived still frozen in the middle. We had them sent back to the kitchen to cook longer and when we got them back they were still cold in the middle. I had a hamburger which was greasy and tasted off for some reason. The service was horrible, but it was a busy night so gotta cut them a little slack there. Personally, I would not go back, but apparently a lot of people like eating there.

Bobby821
07-14-2008, 09:38 PM
We went there with our family about a month ago (in Bricktown). We didn't like it too much. However, the night we went there is was packed because the Redhawks were in town playing, so maybe that had something to do with it. Our cheese sticks arrived still frozen in the middle. We had them sent back to the kitchen to cook longer and when we got them back they were still cold in the middle. I had a hamburger which was greasy and tasted off for some reason. The service was horrible, but it was a busy night so gotta cut them a little slack there. Personally, I would not go back, but apparently a lot of people like eating there.

Hmm doesnt sound too promiseing

mecarr
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM
I've been to Coaches a few times. It's okay. It's really your standard "meat" fare. I wished their menu was a little more expansive rather than focusing solely on the many different ways to serve polish sausage and the like...But if you are really just wanting some dependable meat, then Coaches will probably suit you.

kevinpate
07-14-2008, 10:31 PM
I've never had a bad meal at the Coach's in Norman. I've only ever bothered to enjoy dessert and coffee at the Coach's in BT. Not sure why, oh wait, yes I am, I have several other places in BT that are not in Norman, so I save Coach's for when I am closer to home.

Bobby821
07-15-2008, 09:24 AM
I've been to Coaches a few times. It's okay. It's really your standard "meat" fare. I wished their menu was a little more expansive rather than focusing solely on the many different ways to serve polish sausage and the like...But if you are really just wanting some dependable meat, then Coaches will probably suit you.

Ok, sounds good. I was interested in finding out how there food was because my family and I went to Rick's and were very disapointed, the waitstaff was slow and messed up our order said the chicken fried steak was made from scratch there and when it was brought out was a premade patty just dropped in the fryer and throwed on the plate ugh.

jbrown84
07-15-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm not a fan really. I've had their BBQ and it was awful.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-16-2008, 12:52 AM
The main thing I like about Coach's is the Railyard Amber.

Rick's had some GREAT food though...I was sad when I heard about this.