View Full Version : Allaus Coffee and Gelato

warreng88
07-14-2008, 10:35 AM
There is a place called Allaus Coffee and Gelato. It is located on the NW corner of Danforth and Santa Fe behind the CVS pharmacy in the strip mall. I have been going there for about a year or more now and it is the best stuff I have ever tasted. Not only is it great quality but the owner really cares for his customers and wants everyone to be happy. My friend lives about two blocks from it and he is the one that turned me onto it. Apparently the owner (Vinnie) flew in one of the premier Gelato makers from Italy for a month to train him on making Gelato. They also have free wireless internet and a very cozy feel to it. If you go by, tell him Gary sent you. He knows me by name.

metro
07-14-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.okctalk.com/food-court/9659-allaus-coffee-gelato-edmond.html?highlight=allaus

hipsterdoofus
07-14-2008, 11:24 AM
His bidness may improve if they shutdown the starbucks over there...

warreng88
07-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I think a lot of the bidness is from the gelato side of the company. He has so many regulars there now, and as well he should. Although you are right that if hthey do shut down fourbucks, his numbers will improve. I just wish he had a little better location (ie closer and more visible to the street.)

warreng88
07-14-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/food-court/9659-allaus-coffee-gelato-edmond.html?highlight=allaus

Sorry, didn't see that.

hipsterdoofus
07-14-2008, 12:38 PM
I think a lot of the bidness is from the gelato side of the company. He has so many regulars there now, and as well he should. Although you are right that if hthey do shut down fourbucks, his numbers will improve. I just wish he had a little better location (ie closer and more visible to the street.)

Yeah...they probably wonder why they can't fill retail space when the build a honkin big CVS and stick it in front so no one can see what is behind it.... :bright_id

SoonerDustin
07-21-2008, 01:52 PM
His bidness may improve if they shutdown the starbucks over there...

That one is shutting down as well as the one on 15th and Santa Fe...

hipsterdoofus
07-21-2008, 03:02 PM
That one is shutting down as well as the one on 15th and Santa Fe...

yep, i know...still doesn't help that he sits behind the CVS...those spots are terrible.

EvokeCoffee
07-28-2008, 08:21 AM
What is the coffee side like? I guess I should probably check out the other thread too...

warreng88
07-28-2008, 09:23 AM
What is the coffee side like? I guess I should probably check out the other thread too...

To be honest with you, I have no clue. I am not a coffee drinker. I was up there last night and he said he got a call from someone at the DOK wanting to do a story about him. He said his coffee business has picked up due to the Starbucks around there either closing or they have announced they are closing. He is open til 9 every night but is not open at all on Monday.

warreng88
08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Here is an article in the DOK regarding Allaus:

Allau's Coffee & Gelato

1333 N Santa Fe, Edmond; 285-5353.

Recently made gelato sits with delicate spiraling swirls at Allaus's Coffee & Gelato in Edmond. The light and fluffy chocolate gelato has the consistency of chocolate mousse and melts quickly on the tongue.

Owner Vienny Tran, 40, said when the coffee and gelato shop opened two years ago, some people in the area didn't know what gelato was.

"It's a lot like ice cream but better,” Tran said. "When they sample it, they love it.”

Allau's gelato is made from scratch in the store daily. Tran said he bases his sorbet on whatever fresh fruits are available at the grocery store that day.

"Gelato is really popular at this point,” Tran said. "The difference is our gelato is really authentic.”

Beyond gelato and sorbet, Allau's makes affogato, an espresso and gelato concoction in which gelato is spooned into espresso and then covered with whipped cream and caramel or chocolate. "It's good for you,” Tran said.

•Prices: Small, $2.69; medium, $3.19; large, $3.79.

Popularity of gelato increasing as are metro shops | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/popularity-of-gelato-increasing-as-are-metro-shops/article/3279351/?tm=1217975882)