View Full Version : Security!

Thunder
07-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Where should I get security for an apartment that provides best protection for the lowest price?

FritterGirl
07-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Thunder,

Are you talking about an alarm system for your apartment? You might check with your management first to see if they'll let you install one. In some apartments I have lived in in the past, alarm systems were already built in as an amenity throughout the entire complex.

You might look in THIS THREAD (http://www.okctalk.com/best-worst/12522-best-security-fire-alarm-company.html) where we discussed alarm companies.

Thunder
07-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I am sure they would allow me to have one. This place had gone thru so many managers, the current one won't last long. When I moved in, I was told it be good to have alarm system and insurance.

I looked up on ADT and saw how 'wireless' their system is, but the price.... Wondering if there are lower priced just as reliable. ADT is confusing... Rather than a simple one thing, they have multiple stuff that seem to serve the same purpose but at different prices.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Don't use HESI. I've had 3 of their systems in my house. They keep failing, and get replaced under warranty.

Oh, and I can fully disable it in about 12 seconds. Which means I could fully disable anybody's house on my block (they installed the same system in all of them) in 12 seconds.

When your security/fire/police alarm system won't survive a power spike that doesn't even faze a computer plugged directly into a wall socket...Well...It's junk.