View Full Version : HellBoy Golden Army

Karried
07-11-2008, 11:59 PM
I wasn't expecting much just because, well, it's Hellboy.. the kids were dying to see it... but man, ugh, I just hate Hellboy - he's so cheesy.

I have to give this movie props for the special effects, incredible.. but I knew they would be as one of my favorite movies ever is Pan's Labyrinth, those characters are mind boggling.

But, unfortunately, they had to throw in Hellboy and that ruined the movie for me.

Now the Prince.. he was one bad dude.. loved him.

I'd definitely wait for the DVD

6/10

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Nooooooo :-(

Karried
07-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Okay, okay, I changed my rating a bit... it is entertaining .. and you should see it on the Big Screen if you're into movies like this.

The problem I had was mixing the dramatic characters with Hellboy (and his attempts at humor ) .. I wasn't feeling it.

Go see it.. tell me what you think.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-12-2008, 12:51 AM
I've been SO slacking on movies lately. I haven't even seen IJ4 or Ironman.

Oh...And I think I picked a poor time to watch Bruges. :(

FritterGirl
07-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Oh...And I think I picked a poor time to watch Bruges. :(I'm sorry to hear that. I know how real-life events can change one's perception of things. I'm sure it's been a tough week for you. And In Bruges isn't exactly an uplifting, feel-good kind of film.

I have to give this movie props for the special effects, incredible.. but I knew they would be as one of my favorite movies ever is Pan's Labyrinth, those characters are mind boggling.

I'm not a comic fan in general (I WILL go see Dark Knight, though), so the Hellboy series really holds no appeal to me. I have to say, however, that from what I've seen of the trailers, del Toro's take on these other-worldly characters is really mind-boggling. He's one of our most artistically-minded and imaginative directors we have at present. Pan's Labyrinth, although not without a few bugs, was really spectacular.

OKCisOK4me
07-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I'll wait till DVD.

Now is it just me or did any one else notice the rub off twins from Matrix 2?! Okay, so maybe it was a nod to a great film but be a little more original...

Karried
07-12-2008, 09:18 AM
oh no, ogts, that movie is not something you want to see during a sad time .... sorry about that.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-12-2008, 09:30 AM
nono...It's fine. I knew better and you couldn't have known ;)