View Full Version : Bricktown Nationals cancelled again.

AFCM
07-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Here's another reason for Elmore to grumble.

Bricktown Nationals canceled | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/bricktown-nationals-canceled/article/3267710/?tm=1215574319)

metro
07-09-2008, 09:25 AM
That blows. They didn't give ticket refunds last year either. I wonder if they are done in with no refunds and two years of cancellations in a row.

FYI..there is a Bricktown section to this website.

AFCM
07-09-2008, 09:43 AM
FYI..there is a Bricktown section to this website.

True, but as we on OKCTalk know, something doesn't have to be based in Bricktown to be named "Bricktown". Considering the event is on the Oklahoma River, I felt it would be more relevant to the OKC Metro than Bricktown, despite the name.

I just can't believe this happened two years in a row. We need these types of events to fortify in OKC if we want to hold these types of functions.

Richard at Remax
07-09-2008, 10:08 AM
This just sounds like a miscommunication between both parties.

You would think some kind of alternate route would be set to get where he needed to go. Plus you think the city would of told him months in advance that certain roads would be closed.

Plus maybe this guy is just a dbag. Sounds like city leaders don't think highly of him.

OKCMallen
07-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Amateur, and ridic. We desire these events.

bornhere
07-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Sounds like city leaders don't think highly of him.

Three or four years ago, some other guy got a permit for a smaller event on the river. Two-thirds of the council went out of their way to publicly excoriate the guy, to his face, from the council dais, for not being Glenn Brown.

One council member — Foshee, I think — even suggested that anyone who wasn't Glenn Brown shouldn't be allowed a permit to hold a drag boat event on the river, and the CM had to explain to the council member that the law did not allow the city to grant permits on such a basis.

And after much grumbling and posturing last year, ultimately no one did anything to help ticket buyers get their money back. You may think city leaders don't think highly of him, and maybe they don't, but they're not going to touch him.

And remember, he's still got the money from last year's tickets — when he said those ticket holders would get in free to this year's now-cancelled event.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
He not only has that money, he's got non-refunded money from the vendors too.

The city isn't without sin either...They treated the drag boat guys themselves like total crap last year.