View Full Version : Free Ford Center All Access Tour 7/12

Karried
07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
This might be a good weekend event:

Ford Center Oklahoma City (http://www.okfordcenter.com/events/AllAccessTour_2008.html)

dalelakin
07-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Thank you so much for posting that the boys will love it.

kmf563
07-08-2008, 08:30 AM
This is fun. I've taken my son every year since the Ford Center opened. The food is wonderful, all of the sports players are friendly, and you get to do a lot. Plus Free never hurts!

kmf563
07-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Did anyone else go?

The food was wonderful this year! I'm in love with chocolate nachos. :Smiley199

I was disappointed that none of the players for any of the teams were there though. We saw the Blazers mascot skating with the kids and 2 of the yard dawg dancers were there throwing the football around. That was it. Where was everyone? Last year there were several Blazers out skating around and hanging out in the locker rooms. Same with the football players. They were all giving out autographed prize packs and you could register for cool stuff last year.

This year I didn't even see the place to register for the free suite, but there were a lot of new vendors around.

I liked the VIP Limos out front giving tours. That was fun. Those poor guys were burning up in the sun and were still in the best mood.

There seemed to be a lot more volunteers this year full of information. I like the idea of tour guides being available, but if I'm not on a tour - please don't follow me around and tell me stuff I don't want to know, or already know. I'm a free spirit kind of girl on tours. Just open it up and let me look like every other year. I don't really care which chair the Jonas Brothers sat in while they were waiting to go onstage. Just my opinion.

Slivermoon
07-14-2008, 12:51 PM
kmf563,

FYI. No idea where the Blazers' team was, but the Yard Dawgz had a road game, consequently they were out of town and unable to attend the open house.

I had planned on going, but ended up not being able to make it. I appreciate the review.

kmf563
07-14-2008, 12:58 PM
kmf563,

FYI. No idea where the Blazers' team was, but the Yard Dawgz had a road game, consequently they were out of town and unable to attend the open house.

I had planned on going, but ended up not being able to make it. I appreciate the review.

Ah, that explains why they weren't there. I guess I forgive them in that case. ;)

dalelakin
07-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Yes we went and really enjoyed it. Being able to get down on the floor and shoot a basket, kick a field goal (well at least attempt to kick one) and go through the team locker rooms was a great experience. I can't wait to see the completed renovations of the concourses after seeing the small conceptual area downstairs.

Hopefully they will continue this once the NBA gets here and we can see a true NBA locker room next year.

mmonroe
07-15-2008, 07:38 AM
eh.. i was camping at Arcadia, totally missed it all.

kmf563
07-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Yes we went and really enjoyed it. Being able to get down on the floor and shoot a basket, kick a field goal (well at least attempt to kick one) and go through the team locker rooms was a great experience. I can't wait to see the completed renovations of the concourses after seeing the small conceptual area downstairs.

Hopefully they will continue this once the NBA gets here and we can see a true NBA locker room next year.

Oh yeah, I loved all of the future designs around the place. The garden terrace looks likes it's going to be nice. The family fun area looked like a cool idea. And the warm up spot for the NBA looked nice too. That was a great idea for them to put those up so we could see the progress and direction everything was going.

OKCDrummer77
07-15-2008, 05:57 PM
I was there. It was a lot of fun as always. Channel 4 even got a shot of my right arm opening the front door.

There's a lot to see in only 3 hours, so there's a lot of walking involved. But, if you get tired, there are about 19,000 places to sit and take a break. :wink:

jbrown84
07-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Went with some friends. It was pretty cool. kmf, they did have the sign up for a free suite, and some other prizes like a TV from the Blazers.

kmf563
07-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Went with some friends. It was pretty cool. kmf, they did have the sign up for a free suite, and some other prizes like a TV from the Blazers.

Where was the suite? We registered with the blazers but they said it was only for the tv.

jbrown84
07-16-2008, 10:17 AM
It was up on the suite level.

oneforone
07-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Now if we can only get the man who met Andy Griffith to come to town we could call our selves a first class city.

kmf563
07-16-2008, 10:50 AM
It was up on the suite level.

hmmm...I don't know how we missed it then. We ate the buffet, we went in the suites, we walked the entire circle. Oh well. I'll register next year.

jbrown84
07-16-2008, 11:36 AM
There was no one manning it. It was just a small, short table against the wall.