View Full Version : OKC Metro LAN Party?

loriencfau
07-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey guys.

I've just recently moved back to the OKC metro and am interested in hosting a monthly LAN party. Before I moved, there used to be a group that met in Shepard Mall, back when AOL was still there.

Let me know if your interested in a monthly gaming night and we'll get it done.

Toadrax
07-07-2008, 07:57 PM
If we can play something besides counterstrike... I am there :P

loriencfau
07-07-2008, 11:38 PM
If we can play something besides counterstrike... I am there :P

I'll up the ante and promise no CS tournaments!

Seriously though, if people want to play CS or Source, we won't stop them. I was thinking something more along the lines of TF2, BF2142, and maybe some Warcraft III. We'll draft up a list before we go in so everyone knows what to expect.

What are you wanting to play?

metro
07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
You may want to try the Tech Talk section of this website. All the techies are usually in that section.

loriencfau
07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
You may want to try the Tech Talk section of this website. All the techies are usually in that section.

Can the moderator please move us? Cheers.

Martin
07-08-2008, 09:32 AM
thread moved. : )

-M

loriencfau
07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
thread moved. : )

-M

You're the best. No really, I mean it. ;-)

Toadrax
07-08-2008, 05:02 PM

Why does it just have to be techies to be "in that section?"

A LAN party is just where you bring your computer and plug in with other people. You could just browse the web and talk about politics together like they do in some parts in the world.

LAN parties are not just for geeks :D

loriencfau
07-08-2008, 05:10 PM
In the mods defense, a LAN party is mostly for geeks. I've seen a wide cross-section though, it's true.

Are you interested in joining us, Toad?

Toadrax
07-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Electricity, computers, and The Internet used to be only for geeks too.. :D

Sure, PM me a day, time, and a place and what game to bring. I'll show even if only a few do. I know these things take time to build up.

I even have a lot of spare networking equipment like cisco 48 port switches, cisco wireless access points, and other stuff.

loriencfau
07-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Electricity, computers, and The Internet used to be only for geeks too.. :D

Sure, PM me a day, time, and a place and what game to bring. I'll show even if only a few do. I know these things take time to build up.

I even have a lot of spare networking equipment like cisco 48 port switches, cisco wireless access points, and other stuff.

Excellent, we might take you up on that. I picked up 4 80 port switches today, but you never know when you need a backup.

loriencfau
07-09-2008, 03:32 PM
OK, we've secured the facility for the LAN Party. We're going to shoot for the 4th Friday of every month, and our first go will be this month on the 25th. I'll get a registration page up and running and post those details here.

We're still polling for a list of games to serve up as well, so if you have any ideas drop them here.

loriencfau
07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Here's the page with registration info. We've got 60 seats, but we're pushing ads in the oklahoman and the gazette. Get you and your friends registered before the spots fill.

PTD Magazine brings the LAN Party to OKC. - PTD Magazine (http://ptdmagazine.com/2008/friday-night/ptd-magazine-brings-the-lan-party-to-okc/)

actionman
09-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Whaaaa happened? Paged at PTD is ded! :)

Ranger283
10-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey guys I host a monthly LAN here in the OKC metro area just thought I'd let all ya'll know here are the details:

We are having our November LAN this Saturday the 1st in El Reno from 10AM to 9PM. So far we have six people signed up. If ten people sign up then I will buy pizza and everyone can have half of a pizza. Cpu magazine sopnsored us with some great prizes and a magazine copy for everyone who attends! For more info or to sign up check out TeaBagers Anonymous - Oklahoma's Monthly Lan Party! - Home (http://www.okteabag.org) or E-mail to Admin@okteabag.org

Hope to see ya'll there!