View Full Version : Oklahoma City NBA Jobs?

autoMATTic
07-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Anyone know if the new NBA team is hiring in OKC? My friends were talking about that and I said, "I know of some people that would probably know!"

Well, my people, anything?

Slivermoon
07-06-2008, 11:07 AM
autoMATTIc:

I believe during the press conference, and I may be wrong, Clay said first that they were offering relocation packages to existing employees that may wish to move to Oklahoma City. Currently, the Sonics have about 125 administrative positions or so according to his statement. He did further add that he expected a significant local hire.

The only other thing I recall from the press conference is that he referred anyone interested in "doing business" with the team (i.e. vendors, support businesses, etc.) to the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce. Maybe that would be a good place to start until the Sonics get their local offices established.

Just a thought. Good luck.

Saberman
07-06-2008, 12:09 PM
He said that they were going to have a job fair sometime this summer. All of that to be handled through the chamber. My guess check with them.

kevinpate
07-06-2008, 12:33 PM
The Seattle Times carried an article that indicated many on the staff may opt to remain behind when the team comes. Whether that means numerous local hires or lots of headhunting from other NBA staffs and a handful of local hires probably remains to be seen.

Intrepid
07-06-2008, 12:47 PM
You can submit your resume via the OKC Chamber's web site.

Just for kicks, I did. =)

Greater Oklahoma City Chamber - Newsroom - NBA in Oklahoma City (http://www.okcchamber.com/page.asp?atomid=1827)