View Full Version : Any Memories of Springlake?

Pages : 1 [2]

jmarkross
07-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Saw Bobby Vee there...singing "Rubber Ball"...girls went wild--he was pretty short--like about 5'5"...circa~1961

NikonNurse
02-18-2017, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=NikonNurse;151779]My grandfather operated the big dipper. My uncle was killed on it (way before I was born).

There were times we did nothing but ride the Big Dipper. Always warned not to stand up during the ride. The story was a man did stand and was decapitated. Said to have been a sailor, was that your uncle?

I'm not sure if he was a sailor, but we were told he was standing, had been drinking, etc.....it was many years before I was born...

Bill Robertson
02-19-2017, 11:11 AM
In the early to mid 60s I had two aunts that worked in ticket booths. We went often since I always got free tickets so it was a cheap night for mom & dad. I loved the funhouse. I could stay on the slide for hours.

SOONER8693
02-24-2017, 11:47 AM
In the early to mid 60s I had two aunts that worked in ticket booths. We went often since I always got free tickets so it was a cheap night for mom & dad. I loved the funhouse. I could stay on the slide for hours.
I did/would stay on those slides for hours. My folks would finally have to force me to stop so we could leave the park. I've ridden big time roller coasters all over North America, but, the Big Dipper is to this day my favorite coaster ever. I'm sure it was my age as a youngster that was the reason it made such a big impression on me.