View Full Version : Anyone Sign Up For the Sonics Ticket List?

BDP
07-03-2008, 05:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has registered online to put themselves on the ticket list/newsletter. When I did it, it just kicked me back out to the front page and I have not received a confirmation. I think it went through, but I am not sure. Did anyone else receive some sort of confirmation?

betts
07-03-2008, 05:29 PM
I haven't gotten a confirmation either, and I believe it did the same thing when I tried to sign up. I did call the toll free number and gave my name to a human being, and that made me feel better.

Doug Loudenback
07-03-2008, 05:38 PM
I did, but I wanted to be sure so I spoke with a human at the local phone number, 601-0975. Then I felt secure.

BDP
07-03-2008, 06:05 PM
You guys are so lo-fi. ;)

Karried
07-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I tried a few times but the same thing happened.

But, we have decided to go in with another couple and share the season tix ( 4 tix because we want to take our kids ) and split up the games.. has anyone else done this and has it worked out okay?

Doug Loudenback
07-03-2008, 09:31 PM
You guys are so lo-fi. ;)
Now, now, we're just a complimentary blend of the old and the new.

venture
07-03-2008, 09:54 PM
It will be interesting how many people will be shocked at the ticket prices, as they will be 50% higher than the Hornets tickets.

betts
07-03-2008, 09:58 PM
I tried a few times but the same thing happened.

But, we have decided to go in with another couple and share the season tix ( 4 tix because we want to take our kids ) and split up the games.. has anyone else done this and has it worked out okay?

I had a big group of people who bought tickets together, and about half of them split up the games. The Hornets had two half season packages, and we split them up just like the team did, which gave both groups a fairly equal number of weekend and games with the bigger name teams. By doing that, you don't have to wait for the half season package sale, which is later and restricted to only certain parts of the arena. It worked really well. The tickets were divided up before the season ever started, and then people traded around if there were certain changes they wanted to make.

LovableGoober
07-03-2008, 09:58 PM
But they have said there WILL be some $10 tickets

Patchy Proot
07-03-2008, 10:00 PM
I went on line as soon as Clay said where to go, but as many as you found it, their application was questionable at best. I tried to call too, but never got through. I plan on buying four second level center seats if they are available and of course if I can work it in my company's budget. We had two Hornets season tickets during year one, but decided to opt out for year two because I knew they were in lame duck status. I hope last years Hornet's season ticket holders don't get priority status so I can possibly get the sweet seats I want. I know this folks: You better get the season tickets now, because I strongly believe that every seat in the house will be sold.....for many years to come. No chit. I know the passion this city has had for a major leauge team for years that we could call our own, and now that we are there, well, look out America! The Ford Center (or whatever it is called in a few months) will be the rockingest, loudest, craziest professional sports venue to be seen in a long time. Even if the team stinks for a few years the fans will be there all the way. This is OUR team now. The jerseys will have OKLAHOMA CITY on them. This is just awesome to the maximus power of like totally cool! This is great for the city; great for downtown; great for business; and great for us. Maybe now Big Gush will get built :dizzy: Gotcha!:beaten_fi

betts
07-03-2008, 10:00 PM
It will be interesting how many people will be shocked at the ticket prices, as they will be 50% higher than the Hornets tickets.

Do you know this for sure? I was guessing they'd be 10 to 20% higher than they were when the Hornets were here.

venture
07-03-2008, 11:23 PM
People don't realize how CHEAP Hornets tickets were. Look at the tickets prices of similar markets to OKC, or just the NBA in general...Memphis was one cited on the news today. They are right around that 50% mark above Hornets during their stay here. Denver is around $62 average per seat...still well above what most Hornets fans paid when they were displaced here.

jbrown84
07-06-2008, 01:58 PM
My dad is going in with 3 other guys, including my pastor, to get 2 season tickets, then they will each get about 10 games.

Kerry
07-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't know about the 50% higher number. Clay said they would be more expensive but he didn't say how much more. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Ford Center was built debt free. Actually, it was built principal free also. I don't know if there is any other arena in America that was 100% debt free the day they opened it and no one standing around waiting to turn a profit on the principal amount.

Memphis had to borrow a lot of money ($300 million) to build their arena. That money has to be repaid with interest. That just isn't the case in OKC.

kevinpate
07-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Oh, there's debt to be paid. we're just fortunate it's nearly all private debt.
350 for the team, a couple of so-so seasons, relocation fee to the tune of 30, litigation expenses, past, rpesent and future, 45 worth of thanks for blinking contributions, actual relocation expenses, etc., etc.

I won't be surprised to see ticket prices be announced as very much in line with the reality of any other team with a permanent home. Let's face it, they're sitting on the Viper of b-ball right now, at least in this region. Folks aren't sure how it will handle on the road, but they've heard aboutit, they are excited, and knowing that only X number are available, many will fork out premium dollars to make sure they get in on the test drive and have bragging rights. Shoot, if a project of mine goes through fast enough, I might even be one of them.
8^)

OKCMallen
07-07-2008, 06:47 AM

Where did you get this figure?

jbrown84
07-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh, there's debt to be paid. we're just fortunate it's nearly all private debt.
350 for the team, a couple of so-so seasons, relocation fee to the tune of 30, litigation expenses, past, rpesent and future, 45 worth of thanks for blinking contributions, actual relocation expenses, etc., etc.

What makes you think that's all debt? I highly doubt any bank would loan PBC $350 million for the purchase. I'm sure they pooled their money to pay cash.

metro
07-07-2008, 01:59 PM
50% higher on tickets is bunk. As others have said there is no proof of that and I seriously doubt we could support NBA at those prices, especially longterm. I was one of the first to think we COULD support NBA (even before Katrina hit) and still do, but not at 50% higher prices. We may see 10-20% but not 50%.

bigjkt405
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM
I signed up. Hell I had a half season package when I lived in Tulsa. I'm looking at splitting a season package with my cousin. That way he and his wife can enjoy also.

BDP
07-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Hell I had a half season package when I lived in Tulsa.

Really. That's surprising considering they weren't named after the state. ;)

jbrown84
07-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Plenty of Tulsans (a vast majority, in fact) will support this team. There's just a vocal jealous minority over there on TulsaNow acting like a bunch of 5th graders.

loriencfau
07-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Can someone post the link again, my Google-stick is broken.

betts
07-08-2008, 01:31 PM
This is the best part:

Seattle SuperSonics (http://www.nba.com/oklahomacity)

If you look at the url, it says /oklahoma city (although the link does not show up that way)

autoMATTic
07-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Anyone been called yet about season tix? I have signed up but am worried they might forget to call. PARANOIA!!!!!!!!!! Gotta have those tix!

BDP
07-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I wish they'd just send a confirmation e-mail or something. WIthout the confirmation at sign up, it kind of feels like it just went out into space. They say they got 11k requests the first day, but I wonder how many of those were people signing up more than once or signing up online and then calling due to the uncertainty.