View Full Version : Now that the Sonics are here...

ourulz2000
07-03-2008, 08:32 AM
It's time to build things first class. Hotels, condos, etc, let's not cut corners. If we cut corners we will only show off what out-of-towners will come to except. (i.e. the new hotel on reno and lincoln. And also can we clean up the dirt still along the canal across from chelinos?)

OKCMallen
07-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Agreed.

sroberts24
07-03-2008, 10:21 AM
yes please!!!!

So Mayor mick was just on the animal and mentioned having the prectice facility downtown, or maybe BT, plus the team offices will fill office space downtown as well!!! And the practice facility will be state of the art first class, which got me thinkin how about put it where the autoparts building is in BT by mcdonalds???

betts
07-03-2008, 10:23 AM
yes please!!!!

So Mayor mick was just on the animal and mentioned having the prectice facility downtown, or maybe BT, plus the team offices will fill office space downtown as well!!! And the practice facility will be state of the art first class, which got me thinkin how about put it where the autoparts building is in BT by mcdonalds???

That would be my hope. I'd love to see the practice facility there.

CCOKC
07-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I heard that too. I think it would be a great idea to have the practice facility downtown. The players may even have incentive to live downtown if that were the case.

BDP
07-03-2008, 03:55 PM
the team offices will fill office space downtown as well!!!

Only until their offices in the Ford Center are completed. They will not help in lowering vacancy, but they'll give a little boost to the daytime population.

HOT ROD
07-04-2008, 02:10 AM
PLEASE DONT BUILD THE PRACTICE FACILITY IN BRICKTOWN!!!!!

I am getting SICK of 'everything' having to be in Bricktown; there's more to Downtown Oklahoma City than JUST Bricktown (and Brewer).

Come on.... Build the practice facility in the C2S or in the Flatiron or even Midtown, but DO NOT BUILD IT IN BRICKTOWN. I'd even settle for it being in Lower Bricktown, taking up some of that parking lot crap! But do not ruin the urban feel of Bricktown by building a massive single use/un-pedestrian facility.

jbrown84
07-06-2008, 01:57 PM
C2S really isn't ready, IMO. I agree though, no Bricktown.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Crossroads. Right next to the Blazer's practice facility.

:sofa:

kevinpate
07-07-2008, 05:50 AM
Nah, just convert the old JC Penny's space in Crossroads. Make the first floor lockers, equipment, weight training and office space. make the second floor into the gym and fan store. Rig players and officials indoor parking via the loading dock. Ought to be able to be up and running before October 1.

If I were Crossroads, I'd be all over the idea. Who else they gonna get it their when everyone else is leaving. Ohhhh, I know, team staff condos .... yeah, those could go in the old Foley's/Macy's
8^)

johnnyboyokc
07-08-2008, 01:58 AM
PLEASE DONT BUILD THE PRACTICE FACILITY IN BRICKTOWN!!!!!

I am getting SICK of 'everything' having to be in Bricktown; there's more to Downtown Oklahoma City than JUST Bricktown (and Brewer).

Come on.... Build the practice facility in the C2S or in the Flatiron or even Midtown, but DO NOT BUILD IT IN BRICKTOWN. I'd even settle for it being in Lower Bricktown, taking up some of that parking lot crap! But do not ruin the urban feel of Bricktown by building a massive single use/un-pedestrian facility.

Listen we all believe there is more to downtown than Bricktown.......If it wasn't for Brewer, Karchmer, Tolbert, Norick, Scott, Foshee, Humphries, Williams, Anderson and finally Cornett we would not be here today!!!!!!! Look at Kirk, how he stepped up today with the OKC school board.....OKC is becoming a big league city in more ways that one........lets ride the wave