View Full Version : Congratulations, OKC

srkboy23
07-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Congratulations, Oklahoma City, on getting your first pro sports franchise (the Hornets don't count). I would obviously prefer that this would have happened a different way, but what's done is done. I don't have any shame in saying this as I know most of the people in OKC are good people and would also prefer that this had happened another way.

You guys are getting a very good team that could be good for a long time. They are young and led by a future superstar in Kevin Durant and his sidekick Jeff Green. I wouldn't be surprised if you added hometown hero Blake Griffin to the group in next year's draft. And you are also getting a very smart young GM in Presti.

I wish you guys the best of luck in maintaining a successful franchise and hope that the same thing that happened to us in Seattle doesn't happen to you. Maybe one day in the future both cities will have an NBA franchise and we will be able to watch them face off.

There is one favor I ask of you guys: when picking a nickname, don't use Thunder (I hate team names that aren't plural) and don't use Thunderbirds (that is the name of our hockey team and might one day be the name of our NHL team).

Easy180
07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Appreciate the post srk...Hope you Sonics fans won't be w/o basketball for long...Never know a small break might be good for the franchise since the last few owners and coaches have been crap

Will be an interesting game when the two teams meet in the future :fighting3

jbrown84
07-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the post srkboy. Although we've had pro teams for quite some time, just not major-league. ;)

Best of luck in getting a new team.

srkboy23
07-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks guys.

I want to ask just one more favor for any Okie reading this post. Can you leave Sonics fans alone? Obviously not every one of you is harassing them, but there are some very upset and very pissed off Sonics fans and it would be very great if you could show some class and not rub salt in their deep wounds.

jbrown84
07-02-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm fine with that. I haven't been and won't start.

kevinpate
07-03-2008, 05:07 AM
Best wishes for your politicos to do right by your fans

betts
07-03-2008, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I don't think there are many people here who post on that website. I understand, though, and hope anyone who does stays away. I just wish it didn't have to be like this.....I wish there had been an expansion team in the cards for us.

CCOKC
07-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the sentiments srkboy. Of course we are ecstatic here in the OKC but most of us can sympathize with how the people of Seattle are feeling right now.

Karried
07-03-2008, 10:55 AM
I want to ask just one more favor for any Okie reading this post. Can you leave Sonics fans alone? Obviously not every one of you is harassing them, but there are some very upset and very pissed off Sonics fans and it would be very great if you could show some class and not rub salt in their deep wounds.

Yeah, I've been posting the same thing.

Stay Classy OKC ... we don't need to add any more fuel to the fire or cause any more hurt to these fans.

bretthexum
07-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys.

Amen. Shows the immuturity of some people on this forum. It's not the fans fault - and can you blame them for hoping they'd stay in Seattle?

OKCMallen
07-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Amen. Shows the immuturity of some people on this forum. It's not the fans fault - and can you blame them for hoping they'd stay in Seattle?

No, but I can blame the few of them that have done nothing but trash PBC and OKC non-stop throughout the entire thing. I don't give a hard time for no reason, but some of the Seattle "fans" need to lighten up- don't start nothing, won't be nothing.