View Full Version : OKC Fire Chief retiring

Keith
12-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Fire Chief Alan Benson Is retiring.

Fire Chief Alan B. Benson was scheduled to retire March 31, 2005, after serving over twenty-five years on the Department. However, in order to take advantage of an immediate, excellent opportunity, and in order to continue a life-long career in the fire service, Chief Benson has accepted the job of Fire Chief in The Woodlands, Texas. Chief Benson will retire from the position of Fire Chief of the Oklahoma City Fire Department effective January 3, 2005.

Chief Benson has done an outstanding job as chief, and as a member of the OKC Fire Dept. I wish him the best :)

Patrick
12-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Overall I think he's done a fine job. I still don't like the way he ripped Asst. Chief Hanson after the bombing though. Bension was getting a tad bit jealous, IMHO.

foz
12-23-2005, 10:34 AM
If you like him so much, are you willing to take him back?

mranderson
12-23-2005, 01:34 PM
If you like him so much, are you willing to take him back?

By state law, he can not resume his duties due to the retirement plan. Otherwise, yes.

foz
12-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Is there a statute of limitations on his restrictions imposed by the retirement plan? Can he be hired by the city/state again after a certain time period, or is that a lifetime restriction?

thanks
foz

mranderson
12-23-2005, 02:13 PM
No. Due to the retirement plan, after he retires, he can no longer be a fire fighter in the state of Oklahoma.