View Full Version : New Library planned in NWOKC

warreng88
07-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Journal Record

July 2, 2008

OKLAHOMA CITY – The Metropolitan Library System plans to open a new $8.1 million in northwest Oklahoma City in late 2010.

Latest Real Estate News Reviving the history in the Mayo’s wallsConstruction spending drops 0.4 percent in MayVacant homes spread blight in suburb and city alikeTulsa’s Mayo Hotel renovation scores $23.5 million from IBC BankSandRidge to build $1.1B plant, pipelines for OccidentalArt Fusion Studio: Brakes and parts to breakable artStarbucks opens inside St. AnthonyExecs map out Tulsa’s architectural treasuresThese Walls: Milk Bottle GroceryRealtor remodels ailing Edmond house for office Current Edition

In mid-June, the architectural firm LWPB Architecture of Oklahoma City and a consultant, Richard+Bauer of Phoenix, conducted a design workshop for the new library planned on Northwest 122nd Street just east of North MacArthur Boulevard.Financing for the 35,000-square-foot library was included in Oklahoma City’s bond elections in 2000 and 2008. The building will be owned by the city and furnished, staffed and operated by the Metropolitan Library System.

sgt. pepper
07-02-2008, 01:33 PM
it's going to have oil dericks sticking out from thr roof. i thought this was going to be a great opportunity for a really good design, but when i saw the renderings, i almost threw up. it reminds me of the classen curve stuff, i just don't like it.

CuatrodeMayo
07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Where are the renderings?

sgt. pepper
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
i have an adobe file, but i don't know how to attach it. i don't know how to attach anything to this....sorry.

metro
07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
will it have an observation tower? j/k

hipsterdoofus
07-03-2008, 06:49 AM
This library has been "planned" for 10+ years...just now getting around to being a reality.