View Full Version : What's Moore like??? We are moving there.

dawnrachel13
06-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Hello everyone! My husband & I live in the Yukon/Mustang area & have our whole lives almost, but b/c of his job will be moving to the Moore area to avoid the high prices of gas, due to the commute. I am sorta scared b/c I am a small town girl and Moore seems so big & scary to me (don't laugh!) :P Can you all tell me more about Moore & if it is a nice town? Is the crime high there, etc? We will be living not far from the Walmart on the south side of town... (about a 1.5 mi. away) - is this a good area? The house we are buying is lovely & in a nice neighborhood, but I worry about the surrouding areas being safe. I hope this does not sound petty - I guess I'm just having trouble over coming my attachment to our small town.

I hope we will enjoy our new life in a new town:)

jon
06-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Hello everyone! My husband & I live in the Yukon/Mustang area & have our whole lives almost, but b/c of his job will be moving to the Moore area to avoid the high prices of gas, due to the commute. I am sorta scared b/c I am a small town girl and Moore seems so big & scary to me (don't laugh!) :P Can you all tell me more about Moore & if it is a nice town? Is the crime high there, etc? We will be living not far from the Walmart on the south side of town... (about a 1.5 mi. away) - is this a good area? The house we are buying is lovely & in a nice neighborhood, but I worry about the surrouding areas being safe. I hope this does not sound petty - I guess I'm just having trouble over coming my attachment to our small town.

I hope we will enjoy our new life in a new town:)

Hi Dawn! Moore is not much bigger than Yukon. It's still small town-ish. I also live on the south end of Moore near the the Super Wal-Mart. The 73170 zip code (southwest side part of Moore) is one of the safest zip codes in the the entire metro area. It's pretty quiet in my neighborhood. I think you'll like it here. :tiphat:

bandnerd
06-23-2008, 06:57 AM
The Oklahoma City metro area is the biggest small town you'll ever live in. It's all pretty much the same, the suburbs are pretty much the same. I'm sure you'll find it's not that different from Yukon.

Good luck!

Jesseda
06-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Moore is really nice, just the traffic on the main steets are crazy at times.. For more of a country feel I recommend the east side of moore around the bryant area, thre is less businesses in that area and for some reason has moore of a country feel

MonkeesFan
07-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Moore is really nice, just the traffic on the main steets are crazy at times.. For more of a country feel I recommend the east side of moore around the bryant area, thre is less businesses in that area and for some reason has moore of a country feel

Yeah, that

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-04-2008, 08:44 AM

I'm looking at a house over there as we speak. :)

Jesseda
07-04-2008, 10:15 AM
my sister lives in rock creek 4th street between bryant and sunnylane, she likes it there hardly any traffic after bryant on 4th street going east, so its good.. My wife and I bought our starter home last year off 19th and santa fe in the foxglove area. The traffic is terrible, We hope in 5 years to move somewhere off sunnylane in a less traffic area, but probably then it will be just as bad, but I really lie it in that area I grew up where my backyard was buck thomas park in east hills addition ( love that addition) so I still love that area..

MestaParkMan
07-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I lived in Moore for several year and it was safe, quiet and boring. Of course, I was in my twenties and spent most of the free time driving to Norman or OKC to do anything. Moore has changed quite a bit over the last 10 years and the biggest issue that I hear from my friend who lives there is the traffic. I also remember that the walking/biking was dangerous on the main streets.

SeinfeldBlock
07-08-2008, 12:54 PM

Yes--it's really nice and quiet over there. I would love to relocate to that area.

Laramie
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Moore is nice!

Those of you who live in Los Angeles would like Oklahoma City, "The suburbannex!"

OKC is mostly a cluster of suburbs!

AFCM
07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Moore has a good school system from what I hear, but so does Mustang. As for Yukon, it just plain sucks. Puke on Yukon.

SoonerMann10
07-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I used to live off of main street, east of the high school... now I live off of bryant south of 19th. The SE side of Moore is in fact almost country-ish and its very quiet and peaceful.

Jesseda
07-22-2008, 11:41 AM
soonermann I envy you, I love the east side of moore, the area where you are talking about, my sister bough in rock creek, it is very nice and quiet.. My wife and i bought on the westside between 4th and 19th close to santa fe, I didnt realize how different one the west from the east side of moore is until you actually move to the west side..I plan on in acouple years to make my way back to the east side, just hope there is open spread out land, but at the rate moore is growing I doubt it.

GuyB
09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi Dawn! Moore is not much bigger than Yukon. It's still small town-ish. I also live on the south end of Moore near the the Super Wal-Mart. The 73170 zip code (southwest side part of Moore) is one of the safest zip codes in the the entire metro area. It's pretty quiet in my neighborhood. I think you'll like it here. :tiphat:

Wasn't the Moore Walmart the first super center in the State?

ShiroiHikari
09-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't know about anybody else but I consider Moore a paradise compared to Warr Acres. XD I love visiting my friends that live there because it's so nice! There's so much growth and it's quiet and low-crime.

Jesseda
09-02-2008, 06:42 AM
no i believe that honor (for the first super center) goes to yukon. i remember my parents driving out there to see it when i was little, i thought it was weird having a grocery store and a walmart together.

jsibelius
09-04-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm looking at a house over there as we speak. :)

There you go...now you know which part to avoid so as to avoid the SMELL. :LolLolLol

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-04-2008, 06:29 PM
There you go...now you know which part to avoid so as to avoid the SMELL. :LolLolLol

Nah, don't worry about it. The moment has long since passed.

I'm still on the SE side of OKC, out by GM. :)

drum4no1
09-04-2008, 06:34 PM
ahh the landfill Right??

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Further out. Can't smell the landfill from here.

andimthomas
01-30-2009, 08:59 PM
I love Moore. It's close to nearly everything and the school district is great. Not much of a big city. It's a small town until you see the street in front of the WalMart. Safety depends on which neighborhood you're in. If you're on the west side of the highway- no problem.

mireaux
06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Moore is nice!

Those of you who live in Los Angeles would like Oklahoma City, "The suburbannex!"

OKC is mostly a cluster of suburbs!

eeehh,..those of you that live in L.A. would miss the ocean, the efficient public transit, and the vibrant nightlife

but you wouldnt miss L.A.'s smog, congestion, and rampant gang activity.

so consider it a trade off of sorts.