View Full Version : Any other pilots here?

actionman
06-18-2008, 08:31 AM
I fly out at Wiley Post, a couple of high wing Cessnas. I am part of a great flying club that has been around forever.

Anybody else here have their wings? (anyplace - not just OKC).

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-18-2008, 08:47 AM
I'd LOVE to learn. Does that count?

actionman
06-18-2008, 08:50 AM
You can credit for the thought :)

When are you going to start ?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Yeah...Uh...When it's cheap?

OKCTalker
06-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Positive rate ... Gear UP

keving
06-18-2008, 04:10 PM
I flew some sort of plane out at the Guthrie airport as an introductory flight lesson for like $60 for an hour several years ago. I would like to learn but it's a little pricey for me at this moment.

actionman
06-18-2008, 05:13 PM
That Guthrie airport has really improved recently I hear.

OKC Focus
06-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Actually yes! My grandfather was a private pilot as was my father and I started lessons a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, my instructor was in the middle of moving and we ended up "postponing" the rest of my instruction and I've yet to fly again within the last year. I've been wanting to call him up and start again though.

I flew a bit out of Wiley Post, but most of my flights were out of Guthrie.

actionman
06-19-2008, 07:53 AM
That happens a lot - the postponing. It took me over a year and several instructors to get my license. Life, budget, business trips, etc. just killed me.

Patrick

OKCTalker
06-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Actually yes! My grandfather was a private pilot as was my father and I started lessons a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, my instructor was in the middle of moving and we ended up "postponing" the rest of my instruction and I've yet to fly again within the last year. I've been wanting to call him up and start again though.

I flew a bit out of Wiley Post, but most of my flights were out of Guthrie.

Pick a school, not an instructor. Most of the latter are simply trying to get hired by the airlines or into a corporate or fractional gig, and some into USAF. A school will allow for a more seamless transition to another instructor if yours would leave. Oh - don't agree to prepay your instruction either, because if you have to suspend your training, you'll have to fight to get your money back.