View Full Version : Norman Marble Slab

freeport1949
06-17-2008, 08:45 AM
An attorney friend of mine told me that the Norman Marble Slab is in receivership. The store is still running, and the bank is running it now. The owners weren't current on any bills and are now trying to file bankruptcy.

The Bricktown and Moore stores were also owned by the same people but were sold to a big developer through the receivership, so they are safe.

Hope the place stays around. I love that place.

Jesseda
06-17-2008, 01:06 PM
A lady who works part time at my job manages the ones in bricktown and south okc , I will e-mail her and ask if there is any changes going to take place.

mmonroe
06-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey Jesseda, I know Joy too.. as a matter of fact, I help on weekends at the one in Bricktown when she needs me. As far as I know, the one in Bricktown was just sold not too far in the distant past and is now owned by Matt Slusher. I do believe he owns two other places, now if they are Marble Slabs, I don't know.

Jesseda
06-18-2008, 06:49 AM
oh wow, small world, next time you see her ( at this job we call her april but I have seen her named as joy on myspace) tell her I said hello and I e-mailed her my name to her is J.D, she only works one day a week here now and is not on my shift anymore.

mmonroe
06-18-2008, 05:01 PM
interesting. as a matter of fact, I will see her in about 45 minutes.

Jesseda
06-19-2008, 06:06 AM
April told me that the stores in bricktown and in south okc will be okay,she said the new owner is really nice and has no plans on closing

mmonroe
06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah, Matt is a pretty cool guy. His wife Rachel I do believe owns her own construction company and her dad is pretty loaded.