View Full Version : any cheap telephone company in OKC?

hailmary57yd
12-16-2004, 01:38 AM
I need install telephone service in my home. Is there any cheap telehpone service in OKC area? Give me some tips.

I looked up yellow page and I've found several telephone companies. I don't have any idea which one is good and cheap.

Keith
12-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Here is my opinion. I had been with SW Bell (now they are SBC) for many, many years, and every time it rained or it got windy, I would lose phone service. They would come out and do something, and I would have service again until the next wind or rain storm. Of course, in Okla., wind and rain is part of our lives.

Anyway, I was paying out of the nose for phone service that wasn't very dependable. About three years ago, I switched to Cox phone service, because their rates were so much cheaper. Plus, I got to keep the phone number that I had with SBC. In those three years, Cox has never had to come to my house to make repairs, and our phone service has never been interrupted.

I have call forwarding and caller ID as extra's on my phone line, and it is still cheaper than SBC, by about $15.00. On another note....a couple of years ago we had a real bad storm move through with strong winds. Lots of power lines down across the city. All my neighbors around me have SBC for their phone company. All of them lost service during that storm, except for me, because I had Cox phone.

Patrick
12-17-2004, 12:19 AM
I agree with Keith.....we were having the same problems with our SBC line. After calling them out 4 times and still not getting the problem fixed, after the 5th time fo rain and our service going out, we decided to switch to Cox. Not only do we not have any problems with our service, we're getting caller ID included, and the total price is less than what SBC was charging. Plus their long distance is cheaper.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
12-17-2004, 02:12 PM
I also like Cox better...

Barbara Harper
12-18-2004, 06:52 PM
I favor Pioneer Telephone Cooperative (I have work there for 20 years)
It's a cooperative (unlike big business)- they do not provide basic telephone service in the city but they do provide just about eveything else there.
Telephone Systems (home and office), Yellow Page Ad, Security Systems, Camera Systems, Networking, Cellular, TV service, etc.

Home office - Kingfisher, 600 employees

Patrick
12-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Do they offer service in OKC, or just Kingfisher?