View Full Version : Music CD's....

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
12-15-2004, 08:21 PM
You know, I'm just wondering what people around here listen to as far as CDs/Internet Downloads. I just bought U2's new album "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" yesterday, and have to say that it's a great album (Granted, I heard it a billion times before it came out, but that's a different story). What's the OkC listening to?

Patrick
12-17-2004, 12:14 AM
Well, Keith and I are more into Contemporary Christian Music, actually. I personally listen to singers like Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, Avalon, Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, etc. I find it absolutely amazing that secular networks are still playing "I can Only Imagine", sung by Mercy Me, a Christian Group.

Keith
12-17-2004, 04:39 AM
Yeah, Patrick and I have the same taste of music :wink: Another Christian, Christmas song that is being played by the secular stations is "The Christmas Shoes." If you have never heard it before, you gotta listen to it, however, have your box of kleenex ready because it is a tear jerker.

Patrick
12-17-2004, 10:23 AM
Amen Keith! That's a great song! Have you had a chance to see the Hallmark movie that made the song famous?

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
12-17-2004, 02:19 PM
I find it absolutely amazing that secular networks are still playing "I can Only Imagine", sung by Mercy Me, a Christian Group.I can understand, but it doesn't really surprise me because it's OKC radio. I remember when DC Talk was being played on secular radio when they came out with "Just between you and I" that it kinda shocked me. I would put a list out of all my CD's but it would take a while...I like all kinds of music...pretty much anything that's not Shlocky Country Pop, Poppy Spew, or Random Screaming Into A Microphone With Loud Insruments With No Real Talent.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
12-26-2004, 11:23 PM
Wow, not a whole lot of CD listeners here in OKC huh?...oh well...

Patrick
12-26-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey guys, what CD's interest you?

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
12-27-2004, 09:10 AM
El Gato,

Im with you man.:banana: I grew up in the 80's I love U2 and from beginning to wherever they end up,I really like their earlier stuff.I think they have the staying power to be around as long as the Rolling Stones if they so choose.I love Cds I am not too picky I listen to about anything not a big fan ata ll of classical,country or elevatoe type music but yes who else do you listen to along the U2 lines?

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
12-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Well...if I need to list some....in no particular order, Time frame, Musical Genre, or relation to U2 (seeing as how they're pretty unique)

REM
The Cure
The Police
Talking Heads
The Ramones
Dave Matthews Band
Pearl Jam
Radiohead
Johnny Cash
Blink 182
Counting Crows
Bob Dylan
Neil Young
Weezer
The Who
Queen
Rush
Weird Al Yankovich
Green Day
The Clash
The Tragically Hip
Sloan

Thats just a scratch of the artist in my CD collection...I got about 400 Cds altogether

MasterWolf
12-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Here is some of the stuff I listen too. I'm more into Hard Rock and Metal, but do listen to all sorts of stuff, except for Classical and Jazz, and sometimes Country.

Killswitch Engage
Sevendust
Stone Temple Pilots
Creed
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Breaking Benjamin

etc...etc..etc..

Patrick
12-27-2004, 10:21 PM
Nice lists...good work guys!

just_like_sugar
01-05-2005, 11:37 AM
OK, so I know this hasn't been posted to in awhile, but since I'm new I'll pretend not to notice and post anyway...LOL
I like all kinds of music, except hip-hop; nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't do anything for me...
As for buying CD's or doing downloads, that would mostly be country and rock from the 70's and 80's, some classical, some southern rock (Skynard still rules!!!), and some comedy/parody stuff to keep me laughin'.
Becca

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-05-2005, 11:48 AM
it's ok Becca....I did that when I first got here too...welcome!

Floating_adrift
01-06-2005, 08:56 AM
a few artists to check out:

Medeski, Martin and Wood
Elliott Smith
Sound Tribe Sector 9

I'm giving you pearls here!! Go listen!!