View Full Version : Inexpensive Housing near MidTown:

CuatrodeMayo
06-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Well I made it. I graduated in May with my degree in Architecture.

I have been working in MidTown for the past couple of weeks but living in Edmond temporarily. My first child is due in December so I am now looking for a place to rent near my office. I am looking forward to joining the inner-city community, but DT is too high for my small budget and I have resorted to nearby neighborhoods. I have been looking at craigslist and the Gazette's website so far, but I decided to ask some locals as well.

So...anybody know of a 2 bed place for >$600/month near NW 10th & Walker?

OKCMallen
06-10-2008, 02:24 PM
I did a cursory look in the area and I don't think you're going to find a place for that cheap unless you're willing to go a little ghetto.

CuatrodeMayo
06-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't really mind rougher areas. That is what I am moving from.

OKCMallen
06-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Then you will be able to find some places maybe not right in the middle of Midtown, but walking distance. Try looking west of Walker on 13th.

solitude
06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Good luck on finding something. I can't help you with the housing, but wanted to say -- congratulations!

CuatrodeMayo
06-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks!

Pete
06-10-2008, 06:53 PM
I graduated in May with my degree in Architecture.

A big congratulations to you! That's awesome.

Your education is a gift that will keep giving for the rest of your life and is something no once can ever take away.

MestaParkMan
06-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Yes. There are somewhat nice 2 bed apts available at Mesta Park Gardens for under $600 per month (with free cable too!). They are on 17th between Shartel and Lee. They were just taken over by Metro Mangement and they have been doing a good job taking care of the property after a company that didn't keep up with them. The contact # is 409-7972. I have been here 6 months and I am going to stay till I buy a house. Hope this helps.

Just a tip. They are very empty and you could negotiate pricing btw. Good luck!

dismayed
06-10-2008, 09:49 PM
There's a place called The Aberdeen, it's at NW 16th and Robinson right across the street from St. Luke's Church. It's in a beautiful part of downtown, Heritage Hills. They have an apartment complex that includes some lofts, and they also have a 10-story tower (the first multi-story housing in OKC after statehood).

They have a very wide price range, something like $300 to $1600. You might check them out. A long, long time ago I lived there and loved it. It's a bit further east than what you were thinking but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Congratulations on your degree!

Karried
06-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Woot! Congrats to you CuatrodeMayo!

And a Baby in December? wow! Congrats again!

Good luck with the housing!

OKCMallen
06-11-2008, 12:24 PM
There's a place called The Aberdeen, it's at NW 16th and Robinson right across the street from St. Luke's Church. It's in a beautiful part of downtown, Heritage Hills. They have an apartment complex that includes some lofts, and they also have a 10-story tower (the first multi-story housing in OKC after statehood).

They have a very wide price range, something like $300 to $1600. You might check them out. A long, long time ago I lived there and loved it. It's a bit further east than what you were thinking but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Congratulations on your degree!

I think it's in the middle of some renovations, too.

jbrown84
06-17-2008, 08:38 PM
There are several smaller apartment buildings around the Aberdeen of varying qualities. They usually have signs out front with phone numbers.

n8ison
06-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Congrats CuatrodeMayo!

I made it through 4th year (back in 2004), but then life happened and I ended up having to go to work. Earning that degree is quite an accomplishment.

CuatrodeMayo
07-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the input, friends. I am signing a lease today for a place in Jefferson Park. After many years, I'm finally moving into the city.