View Full Version : Bricktown Ballroom Closes - Moves into new loaction

Taggart
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
So the Bricktown Ballroom, which is owned and operated by Brewer Entertainment, has closed and they are now moving downstairs into the location where RAW was previously. They're also changing the name back to Bricktown LIVE.

Supposedly the new location will be better with new PA equipment and a better stage.

John
06-09-2008, 08:40 PM
So the Bricktown Ballroom, which is owned and operated by Brewer Entertainment, has closed and they are now moving downstairs into the location where RAW was previously. They're also changing the name back to Bricktown LIVE.

Supposedly the new location will be better with new PA equipment and a better stage.

Great news! Bricktown LIVE was a great venue that had some nice talent coming through there.

SoonerDave
06-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Great news! Bricktown LIVE was a great venue that had some nice talent coming through there.

Great news also because the Bricktown Ballroom was a pit. We had a couple of company events there and the rustic charm evaporated very, very quickly.

BDP
06-11-2008, 04:07 PM
This is good news. Does this mean no more poles in the middle of the room?

Taggart
06-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Haha, No, even bigger poles now. There's huge brick columns and the stage is much smaller. Personally, I think the ballroom worked better as a venue, but the new location is nicer. The old ballroom wasn't kept up and began to smell like cat urine and mold.

jbrown84
06-14-2008, 12:43 PM
It was nice actually having something on the second floor in Bricktown. Oh well...

Taggart
06-15-2008, 01:46 AM
I agree, but the Ballroom had an accident in the elevator where an employee fell down the shaft from the third story and was in serious condition. The state shut the elevator down and bands had to carry their heavy equipment up the stairs. It was just a matter of time before they moved or closed.

jbrown84
06-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh wow. Didn't know that. I've ridden down that elevator w/ friends' equipment...