View Full Version : New iPhone today?

metro
06-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Anyone know much about the anticipated new iPhone announcement today? Maybe the old ones will finally drop in price so I can finally afford one.

Midtowner
06-09-2008, 09:23 AM
It'll be cheaper, it'll have 3G capabilities and it'll have GPS from what I understand.

metro
06-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Samsung announced earlier today their newest phone hours before the expected unveiling of the new iphone. Samsungs phone is strikingly similar in looks to the first gen iphone with a few more bells and whistles. it releases in south korea on june 16th, other countries following.

JLCinOKC
06-09-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm happy with my first generation iPhone... but I am looking forward to the software update that will hopefully be released today. I'm in no hurry for 3G and could care less for GPS.

Toadrax
06-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm very annoyed with my first generation iPhone, but I received mine for free so I haven't been complaining THAT much.

The fact it has taken this long for it to get some sort of network sync for its calendar is a joke on so many levels. It is almost like Apple went out and looked for the most important feature a business person needs on a phone and decided not to implement it.

Hopefully it becomes less annoying with activesync and third party applications, but I am still waiting :)