View Full Version : Ken Decker or Travel Time Incentives or K&D Promotions

pritchbrian
06-09-2008, 08:39 AM
I am looking to see if anyone on this board has ever done business with Mr Decker with any of his so called businesses. I purchased a vacation package from him and his business "scam" Travel Time Incentives. My wife and I have a small claims judgement against him but can not seem to get any response from him. I was just curious how many people he got to in Oklahoma.

metro
06-09-2008, 10:33 AM
you may try the "Best and Worst" section of this website. Often people review businesses that are non food related in that section.

Midtowner
06-09-2008, 11:07 AM
deleted

pritchbrian
06-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the advise Metro. I'll post over there and see if I find anyone that knows him.

FritterGirl
06-09-2008, 01:01 PM
It seems one of the local news stations did a report about the organization (Travel Time) some time back, as many people were complaining about the same issue - "buying" trips as incentives for employee programs, and then having to put some kind of a "deposit" on the trips, then having the "trips" mysteriously cancelled and the deposit deemed non-refundable.

You might also check with the Better Business Bureau. If there are multiple complaints, they would be on file with the BBB.

pritchbrian
06-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Yep that is probably the Travel Time I used. We were given the trips, paid deposits, and never got the trips. Yea I thought I was smarter than that but really learned a lesson. We checked the Better Business Bureau before we bought the package and there were no reports but there are several now. We filed one with them and he never responded to the BBB. There are also around 15 reports with both the Oklahoma and Missouri Attorney General and the North Dakota Attorney General sued him for 10K. We eventually found out he owned a business in OKC under K&D Promotions and has complaints under that name. I just wonder how many different names he has used then changed names to screw over new customers. It will eventually have to catch up to him but he seems to be pretty slick. The problem is I can not seem to find any assetts that he has not already sold or that I can find. His address is in Branson and we recently went on vacation there and his address is a post office box and his home address is in a gated community where we were denied access. Thanks for the advise though I really appreciate it.

Karried
06-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Have you contacted Amanda Taylor or a news source?

pritchbrian
06-09-2008, 03:16 PM
No I have not. I had thought about contacting channel 4's "in your corner" but have not done that. Who is Amanda Taylor?

FritterGirl
06-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Amanda Taylor is the consumer affairs reporter with Channel 9 KWTV. She tackles a lot of these "unresolved" issues concerning local businesses, and will investigate.

In this case, since the proprietor lives in Branson, you might also benefit from calling a local Branson station.

pritchbrian
06-10-2008, 06:39 AM
I'll have to give that a try. I bet I would probably be better off using the the Missouri stations because I can not get any contact with all of the address's and phone numbers i have. Thanks.

amoswew
07-21-2008, 09:55 AM
I purchased a vacation package from Ken Decker in 2006, with the promise of a Las Vegas trip and a cruise. To date I have not rececived a thing.

Amos

pritchbrian
07-21-2008, 03:21 PM
We would probably be blown away if we knew how many people this jerk has suckered with his scam. I actually purchased the package from Ken in Elk City after we responded to an ad in the Elk City paper. The ad was for a Vegas Vacation for 2 for 3 nights for #200. My wife and I were looking to go to Vegas for our anniversary and called his number. We met him and ended up falling for his B.S. We did get our membership to CRI but never recieved the Vegas trips or Cruises. Truth be known we would have never purchased the package if it werent for the cruise and Vegas trip. Since we purchased the package in Beckham County we were told we could file a small claims suit in Beckham County. He never showed so we got a default judgement but I am not sure it will ever do us any good after everything I have read about him. I do not have the address with me but if you need it let me know and I will get it for you. We were in Branson this May on vacation and spent a few hours trying to track him down. His address turns out to be a PO box and his home address is in a gated community and we were not allowed in. I have 2 phone numbers for him both have recordings and he never returns any calls. If I were you I would file a complaint with the Oklahoma and Missouri Attorney Generals office as well as the Federal Trade Commision. The Oklahoma office transfered our complaint to the Missouri office but i think if we can get enough complaints with those offices we may do more good at getting some of our money back. I have yet to find any assets to garnish but everyone else has probably already beat us to that anyway. I guess the way I look at it as long as I have a judgement I can keep it renewed even if it is about to expire and if he doesnt file bankruptcy maybe one day I will track him down.

amoswew
07-22-2008, 12:35 PM
I can appreaciate what happened to you in your dealings with Ken Decker. I experienced the same thing. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General of Oklahoma. They have written him a letter, however with no response. I was told if we could get a collection of those who were dupped by Ken Decker to file complaints with the Attorney General, we may be able to get the same results as those in North Dakota. The sooner the better because of the statute of limitations. If nothing esle we can keep him from taking hard earned money from someone else. Just like you we would have never purchased the membership if the trips had not been offered. That really makes CRI a party to the fraud since they benefited from this as well.

pritchbrian
07-22-2008, 03:10 PM
I totally agree that we need to get as many as possible to file complaints with the attorney generals office asap but dont really know how to go about finding who else was ripped off by Ken. Have you filed with the Missouri office? I was told to file in both locations because I purchased the package in OK but his business is located in MO. I did recieve a letter from the Ok office telling me they were transfering my complaint to the MO office. I have been in contact with the office in MO in the last month and there have been somewhere around 30 complaints on his company in their office. The address I have for him is 1440 state highway 248 ste q in Branson Mo 65616-9655. Someone has picked up certified mail there for him but it has never been his signature. Do you have any other ideas on how we can find out who did business with him and was ripped off. It looks like he did not follow through on the North Dakota deal and CRI ended up paying his fine. Is that what it looks like to you? Did you also file a complaint on CRI. I had thought about it because the cruise and vegas trips were on their invoice and he was representing their company.

amoswew
07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
I filled out a complaint on line against Ken Decker with the attorney generals office in Missouri just recently. Still waiting a reply. One way we could find out how many people were scammed by Ken Decker is to put an add in the Daily Oklahoman and see who will respond. I am going to check into how this could be done. I have not filed against CRI at this time. Of course they are culpable because they benefited from Ken Deckers' representation of their company and the incentive he gave to join the club. As you stated, the trips were written on their contract agreement. My hope is that the attorneys' office in Oklahoma can do for us what the attorney general in north Dakota did for it's citizens.

amoswew
07-25-2008, 11:54 AM
I found the document that states the settlement the North Dakota Attorneys General office made with Ken Decker and CRI. See site below.

CPAT (http://www.ag.state.nd.us/CPAT/CPAT.htm)

amoswew
08-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Update on Ken Decker: It appears he is trying to hid out under other names and keep himself from detection. I say this because all of the addresses and phone numbers listed for him either belong to someone else or moved/no longer in service. As stated before all of this will catch up to him and his associates.

pritchbrian
08-26-2008, 06:26 AM
I agree. Some day we will either get our money back or he will file for bankruptcy. My guess is he has already filed for bankruptcy sometime in the past therefor has to wait the alloted time to file again or he would have already done so. There is no telling how much money he owes different people nationwide. I will let you know if I come up with any new info on Ken.

crossstitcher
04-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I purchased a package with Ken Decker K&D promotions in May 2006 in oklahoma city.Package included trip to vegas and 5 day cruise from Galveston. As to date we have not recieved either. We also sent an additional refundable deposit to reserve the cruise. After many attempts of sending him certified letters with no response
i contacted cri (manager Vickie). She gave me his Branson address and cell phone numbers. He hass never returned any of my calls. and letters. I feel that CRI should take some responsibilty on this as they received benefits from the sale of package and he was an agent working with him. They told me they were not responsible for anything he did.
I calledhis cellnumber again a couple weeks ago and they same message in his voice was on the recorder but of course no answer from him.

We thought about going to small claims but did'nt know how to contact him for filing. Its' probably too late for us to do anything at this time. I guess we could stillcontact the attorney general.
would like to here from others who have beem scamed
by ken deck or one of his company's

pritchbrian
04-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Crosssticher I feel your pain. It sounds like you got the exact same great package we got. We did get Ken to pick up a few certified letters and also got a default small claims judgement against him. The problem now is we dont know where he is or how to inforce the judgement. We were on vacation in Branson last summer and tried to hunt him down. The address we had for him took us to another business and the lady their told us it was actually a post office box. I had done some research and found his home address so we tried to go there but it was a gated comunity and we were denied access. I started to wait at the gate the next morning and see if he left but i didnt want to ruin our vacation. I also think CRI should be responsible since he was representing them but also hate to spend more money trying to get mine back. If you decide to do anything about CRI or talk to anyone who knows if they are responsible let me know because I was with them 1 year and never got any benifit from the company because everything we tried to do through them we could get cheaper on our own.

crossstitcher
04-10-2009, 10:09 PM
we plan on going to branson next month and do some asking around about him while we are there. hopefully that wil turn up something.

pritchbrian
04-14-2009, 06:32 AM
I hope you have some luck tracking him down. Nothing would make me happier than for him to get what he deserves. I dont think it would hurt a bit for you to file a complaint with the attorney generals office. My thinking is the more complaints they have on him the better a chance they will go after him and they will have a lot more pull than us to get something out of him. Let us know if you find any good info on him.

pritchbrian
04-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Just a little quick update. I was contacted this morning from the Missouri Attorneny Generals office wanting the phone numbers and addresses I had on Ken. I gave them all of the info i had. It made me feel good to know that they are actually looking into this as i figured it was just paperwork sitting on a desk in their office. One thing i did learn though that I did not know was since I have a small claims judgement on him if they do get a judgement on him i would not be eligible for any of the money since I already have a judgement on him.