View Full Version : Any updated Laredo's news?

TeriOKC
06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I know there's already a much earlier thread on this, but I was wondering if anyone had any updated news on when Laredo's might be reopening. My husband and I live in Crown Heights, so we've been watching the progress (non progress) on the building for about 3 years now. However, in the last couple of months, we've noticed a lot of work going on and progress made.

So anxious for it to open. For anyone who never tried it when it was on 63rd, it was always really good, non-greasy Mexican food, not to mention having the best guacamole (next to my homemade recipe) I've ever had. Sorry...I had to brag a bit!

:congrats:

ddavidson8
06-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm in Houston, so let me know when it opens up (or simply what progress is being made). I plan on being there for the grand reopening.

Also, you hit the nail on the head in describing why I loved that place. It's not greasy. Even the fried stuff wasn't really greasy.

Good times....

sdokc
06-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Are you talking about the unfinished building next to IHOP on Classen? I just moved here and I've been wondering what was going on there.

metro
06-06-2008, 02:33 PM
yes sd, that is correct.

ddavidson8
07-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Any news on Laredos?????

metro
07-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Drove by last night. THey are still moving veryyyyyyyy slowly. They poured one small section of concrete in the parking lot, but still have some stucco work to do on the exterior of the building. I haven't seen near the workers that were out there a few months ago. Not sure the latest slow down. Lack of funds ?

ddavidson8
08-04-2008, 06:38 PM
news?

sdokc
08-05-2008, 06:43 AM
The parking lot is completely paved and the exterior work looks to be nearly complete. Who knows what's going on inside though.

ddavidson8
08-05-2008, 10:00 AM
I wonder if it is still going to be a Laredo's. It would break my heart if it wasn't.

metro
08-05-2008, 10:31 AM
sdokc, not true. I drove by this morning. The parking lot is not completely paved, they are still working on it very slowlyyyyyyyyyyyyy. They only had two workers on the property that I could see and they were putting up concrete cinderblocks for the outdoor patio. I can't understand this Laredo's project, it is completely unpredictable. They started pouring the parking lot a month or so ago. Most places would do it all in one day, maybe two. The things on the exterior are minor but they are taking forever. My guess is we are looking at least November for opening even though they could easily knock this out in 2-3 weeks.

SeinfeldBlock
08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Not to be so pessimistic, but I'm not sure how much business it will get when it has been going for who knows how long. I had no idea what it was, and when my office went to lunch at nearby Chili's, we would just talk about how slow it was going and how we don't plan to go there if it takes that long to build.

I know nothing about Laredos--I just thought it was a empty project. Clearly there are some financial strains there.

ddavidson8
08-05-2008, 11:15 AM
There were financial strains, the guy spent all the money that he got by selling the former property to Chesapeake and that's part of the problem. My guess is that the contractor is gone and it's now a DIY project. Regardless, the food at Laredo's was always awesome and I'd say give it a try if it ever opens.

jbrown84
08-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Well if Laredo's doesn't make it, we have a nice building waiting for a new tenant.

ddavidson8
11-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Any updates on Laredos?

Martin
11-29-2008, 10:23 PM
seems to be alot of activity lately... if i'm not mistaken it looks to me like they've started on the interior.

-M

metro
12-01-2008, 07:59 AM
I wouldn't say "a lot" of activity, but there has been some activity given the fact they are taking 3+ years on this project.

Martin
12-01-2008, 08:18 AM
allow me to clarify: their parking lot was rather full of contractor vehicles early last week...

-M