View Full Version : City Church at 136 NW 10th - FOR SALE

mOKCie
06-05-2008, 01:24 PM
I apologize if this has been discussed in another thread. I searched and couldn't find anything. I am surprised this topic has been fairly quiet.

Does anybody know what groups might be interested in acquiring the building at 136 NW 10th and what it might be used for?

The outside of this building makes it seem perfect for an urban preservation. But, as soon as you walk inside it becomes obvious why City Church wants to sell the building. The $2-3 million asking price plus the estimated $2 million cost of restoring this building makes the purchase prohibitive to most investors.

Could this be used for other potential civic purposes? Are any other churches interested? The area is already saturated with church buildings that were once the anchor for their respective denominations in OKC. How might this building fit into the OKC urban renewal?

OKCMallen
06-05-2008, 02:37 PM
I want to buy it an dlive in it. :)

John
06-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I hope whoever buys it returns it to its former glory.

And hopefully when they put the CITY CHURCH sign on the facade, it didn't ruin the original that says First Christian Church.

MikeOKC
06-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Wasn't that Richard Hogue's old church after he retuned to OK after his MetroChurch scandals?

John
06-05-2008, 04:35 PM
That'd be it

jbkrems
06-05-2008, 10:34 PM
City Church is also selling their North Campus facility in west Edmond, at the old Traditions Golf Club. Plans are to build a new, larger, more modern campus somewhere and combined the two campuses into one, City Church OKC. I think its a great idea, given the vision and plan that congregation has.