View Full Version : Music Venues

Ash_Fox
06-05-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm really into music and would like to start going out to places to listen to some local stuff or go to some small concerts or things like that. I used to do this kind of stuff occationally with friends when I was in Idaho, and since I've been back here for a year I would liketo try to keep doing that.

My question to you is... Are there any places here in OKC or the surrounding area that a 17 year old can go to and listen to good, live music?

Midtowner
06-05-2008, 12:28 PM
The UCO Jazz Lab comes to mind.

mOKCie
06-05-2008, 01:25 PM
The Conservatory is the best place to catch indie rock that passes through OKC.

Ash_Fox
06-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I'll have to check those places out. Thanks for the ideas.

jsibelius
06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
The Jazz Lab is a good place to check out, and don't let the name fool you. It's not all jazz. (But jazz is good stuff)

AFCM
06-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Where in Idaho did you live Ash_Fox? I was stationed at Mountain Home AFB from 2002 to last year. I really liked the Boise area, but wasn't a very big fan of Mountain Home.

Also, to answer your question: go to Untitled Page (http://www.edgarcruz.com) and check his schedule. You owe it to yourself to at least see one of his shows.

John
06-05-2008, 02:53 PM
VZD's. Blue Note. Wormy Dog. Armstrong College in Edmond.

That gives you a wide variety of music...

kmf563
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
What kind of music do you like?

There are plenty of all ages venues:

OKC -
The Conservatory
Convergence
The Factory
Bricktown Ballroom
Sauced
Blue Door
VZD's (before 11pm)

Edmond -
The Warehouse
UCO Jazz Lab

Norman -
The Opolis
The Red Room

There is also Fusion Affect in Shawnee if you want to go out that far, and then there is the King Of Clubs and The Tree in Claremore, and too many to list in Tulsa. All of the above are worth the drive.

Then there are restaurants all around town that have live music on their patios during summer -
Red Rock Canyon Grill
Lakeside Grill
The Mantel
Deep Deuce
Mickey Mantles
Nonnas
Louie's
Toby Keith's

Grab an Oklahoma Gazette...they are all around town and free. They'll point you in the right direction.

SoonerGirl26
06-05-2008, 05:32 PM
The free Sunday Twilight Concerts have started up for the summer too. This summer they will all be at the Myriad Botanical Gardens.

Here is the link to the schedule:

Twilight Concerts | Arts Council of Oklahoma City (http://www.artscouncilokc.com/twilight-concerts)

Ash_Fox
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=AFCM;146454]Where in Idaho did you live Ash_Fox? I was stationed at Mountain Home AFB from 2002 to last year. I really liked the Boise area, but wasn't a very big fan of Mountain Home.QUOTE]

I was in Boise. I really liked it there. ^^ I never made it out to Mountain Home, but the majority of my friends said they weren't big fans either, so I figure I didn't miss out on much.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will have to check those places out! Sounds like I have a lot of music to look forward to. Thanks!!

mmonroe
06-06-2008, 03:05 AM
My friend Stephanie runs Wirlwind Productions and puts on shows now at the Rock Lounge at 4612 NW 10th.

kmf563
06-06-2008, 11:19 AM
My friend Stephanie runs Wirlwind Productions and puts on shows now at the Rock Lounge at 4612 NW 10th.

Stephanie rocks! But that place isn't all ages.

mmonroe
06-06-2008, 04:24 PM
True, not all ages, but they have great drink specials... drown night. lol.

I first started working with her when I ran a music venue here in midwest city.. too bad they sold the building...

Taggart
06-08-2008, 04:57 PM
VZD's. Blue Note. Wormy Dog. Armstrong College in Edmond.

That gives you a wide variety of music...

Armstrong College? wow. that's random. Most non-PCG people don't know about it. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "hot spot" for music either.

John
06-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Armstrong College? wow. that's random. Most non-PCG people don't know about it. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "hot spot" for music either.

They frequently have concerts out there. (piano, strings, etc)

Definitely not PCG here, just an Edmond native.

OkieHornet
06-09-2008, 12:45 PM
don't forget to check out OklahomaRock.com - Your Source for Oklahoma Music (http://www.oklahomarock.com) for show listings around town...