View Full Version : Southside OKC Memories....anyone?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Prunepicker
01-30-2010, 10:07 PM
That thing was a pay and Pak first wasn't it?
Dude, you better behave or your brain is going to hurt so much that passing
kidney stones will feel like petting a kitten. Mom will see to it.

OUCH!

Sooergirl26, do you ever sleep?

Gen64 check your private messages!

SoonerGirl26
01-31-2010, 02:00 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
That thing was a pay and Pak first wasn't it????

I think my friends are talking about wwwaaaayyy back in the 40's or 50's. I think the Bateman's who owned the swimming pool also owned this dance hall. They had some people (like Ernest Tubbs) come and sing there.

~~~

SoonerGirl26
01-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey Prunepicker.... I just heard that the show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on the Food Network Channel will have a segment on Ingrid's Kitchen Monday night at 10:00pm. Didn't know if you had heard... set your DVR.

~~~

Prunepicker
01-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey Prunepicker... I just heard that the show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on
the Food Network Channel will have a segment on Ingrid's Kitchen Monday
night at 10:00pm. Didn't know if you had heard... set your DVR.~~~
Thanks for the reminder. It's been talked about quite a bit at Ingrid's. Maggie
is going to show Guy how she makes the Weiner Schnitzel and take a guide
through the bakery.

He went to 6 restaurants in town when he was here. I don't remember the
names of the other places.

SoonerGirl26
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the reminder. It's been talked about quite a bit at Ingrid's. Maggie
is going to show Guy how she makes the Weiner Schnitzel and take a guide
through the bakery.

He went to 6 restaurants in town when he was here. I don't remember the
names of the other places.

I'm watching it right now and they just did a segment on Eischen's in Okarche! I also heard that they went to Cattleman's while they were here. I'll try to find out when that will be aired.

~~~

Generals64
01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Hey Prunepicker.... I just heard that the show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on the Food Network Channel will have a segment on Ingrid's Kitchen Monday night at 10:00pm. Didn't know if you had heard... set your DVR.

~~~

================================================== =============
I went over there today (first time)...Creme Puffs were Grrrrrrreeeaatttt.....My son did the video with OPUBCO for the local news with Guy whatever his last name is.....and he told me the name of the six restaurants but I can't remember them all....there was a Soul food place over by Leo's as one of them....Ingrid's, Eischen's. Cattlemen's and I don't remember the others....I know they (Ingrid's) are having a "watch" party tomorrow night at 8:00 p.m.

SoonerGirl26
01-31-2010, 07:25 PM
I went over there today (first time)...Creme Puffs were Grrrrrrreeeaatttt.....My son did the video with OPUBCO for the local news with Guy whatever his last name is.....and he told me the name of the six restaurants but I can't remember them all....there was a Soul food place over by Leo's as one of them....Ingrid's, Eischen's. Cattlemen's and I don't remember the others....I know they (Ingrid's) are having a "watch" party tomorrow night at 8:00 p.m.

Cool!!!!!

Prunepicker
01-31-2010, 07:42 PM
I went over there today (first time)... Creme Puffs were Grrrrrrreeeaatttt...
My son did the video with OPUBCO for the local news with Guy whatever his
last name is... and he told me the name of the six restaurants but I can't
remember them all... there was a Soul food place over by Leo's as one of
them... Ingrid's, Eischen's. Cattlemen's and I don't remember the others... I
know they (Ingrid's) are having a "watch" party tomorrow night at 8:00
p.m.
Here are the places he did a show.

Leo's BBQ
Mama E's Wings and Waffles
Nic's Grill
Cattleman's
Ingrid's
Eischen's

Prunette and I have been talking about going to Eischen's. I like it. But I
like fried chicken.

Generals64
01-31-2010, 09:37 PM

Leo's BBQ
Nic's Grill
Cattleman's
Ingrid's
Eischen's

like fried chicken.

================================================== ===========
I'm in, let us know.....I'm sure PennyQuilts will go we can get a crowd.....Soonergirl26 can go can't you...???

Prunepicker
01-31-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm in, let us know... I'm sure PennyQuilts will go we can get a crowd...
Soonergirl26 can go can't you?
So much for a quiet dinner. LOL! At Eischen's? I'll let you know.

Rickster
02-02-2010, 03:06 PM

Leo's BBQ
Nic's Grill
Cattleman's
Ingrid's
Eischen's

like fried chicken.

Hello all you dudes and dudettes.

Went to Cattlemens just this past Saturday. It was great as usual and no waiting. Leo's has moved back into their old place at 36th & N. Kelley.

Generals64
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Hello all you dudes and dudettes.

Went to Cattlemens just this past Saturday. It was great as usual and no waiting. Leo's has moved back into their old place at 36th & N. Kelley.

When did they leave????? Leo before he passed away always tried to give kids Golf Clubs hoping they would take up the sport instead of the life of a "Gangster".....Actual Quote from Leo.....I went there one day and had a Started set in the trunk of my car. Saw his passion for this and went out and got the Clubs...gave them to him and until he died never paid for a meal there again.....Boy his Bar-B-Que sauce is "HOT"....

SoonerGirl26
02-02-2010, 04:04 PM
When did they leave????? Leo before he passed away always tried to give kids Golf Clubs hoping they would take up the sport instead of the life of a "Gangster".....Actual Quote from Leo.....I went there one day and had a Started set in the trunk of my car. Saw his passion for this and went out and got the Clubs...gave them to him and until he died never paid for a meal there again.....Boy his Bar-B-Que sauce is "HOT"....

Didn't Leo's have a fire....that's why they left????

SoonerGirl26
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm in, let us know.....I'm sure PennyQuilts will go we can get a crowd.....Soonergirl26 can go can't you...???

Sure, I can go if nothing else going on. Haven't been to Eischen's in a couple of months now.

Just a thought too..... Have you been to Half-Time in Newscastle (on I-44)? They have the same kind of deep fried chicken with pickles, onions, bread, and fried okra.... wax paper is your plate, just like Eischen's. It may not be exactly like Eischen's, but tastes the same to me and a heck of a lot closer to me than Okarche.

Generals64
02-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Sure, I can go if nothing else going on. Haven't been to Eischen's in a couple of months now.

Just a thought too..... Have you been to Half-Time in Newscastle (on I-44)? They have the same kind of deep fried chicken with pickles, onions, bread, and fried okra.... wax paper is your plate, just like Eischen's. It may not be exactly like Eischen's, but tastes the same to me and a heck of a lot closer to me than Okarche.

================================================== ==============
YOU are soooo right. Have been there a couple of times....they also have a great pizza and it is closer.....

Prunepicker
02-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Leo's has moved back into their old place at 36th & N. Kelley.
When did they move out? I hadn't heard that until now.

(this counts for southside memories because Leo's is on the southside of
N.E. 36th and N. Kelly)

Rickster
02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
That's right SoonerGirl. Leo's had a fire sometime back, moved to 4th & Harrison. Had been there long enough I thought they were staying there permanently. However, I drove by 36th & Kelley last week and noticed they were back.

Generals64
02-05-2010, 07:12 PM
MY Gosh!!!!is everyone asleep????it's after 6:45 Friday night and no one can remember anything?????How about the snow we USE to get in the OKC area....the Southside was always pelted Oh well:.........Good Night ya'll

Rickster
02-05-2010, 08:24 PM
MY Gosh!!!!is everyone asleep????it's after 6:45 Friday night and no one can remember anything?????How about the snow we USE to get in the OKC area....the Southside was always pelted Oh well:.........Good Night ya'll

You betcha. I remember some hellacious snows.

SoonerGirl26
02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
I just heard about this..

"Capitol Hill Rockin' Reunion" to be held May 15 & 16, 2010 on Commerce Street in Capitol Hill. This is sponsored by the Capitol Hill Main Street Program and others. The main purpose of the event is to reach out to all graduates of southside OKC high schools.... Capitol Hill, US Grant, Southeast, and Mount St. Mary's. The two-day event will include arts and crafts, car show, music from all generations, chili cook-off, guitar art contest, food, drink and much more.

Check out more here: Capitol Hill Main Street's All School Rockin Reunion (http://www.rockinreunion.com)

Gens64....this sounds like what you and I had talked about trying to put together sometime, but this is on a much bigger scale!!!

~~~

USG '60
02-06-2010, 07:24 AM

"Capitol Hill Rockin' Reunion" to be held May 15 & 16, 2010 on Commerce Street in Capitol Hill. This is sponsored by the Capitol Hill Main Street Program and others. The main purpose of the event is to reach out to all graduates of southside OKC high schools.... Capitol Hill, US Grant, Southeast, and Mount St. Mary's. The two-day event will include arts and crafts, car show, music from all generations, chili cook-off, guitar art contest, food, drink and much more.

Check out more here: Capitol Hill Main Street's All School Rockin Reunion (http://www.rockinreunion.com)

Gens64....this sounds like what you and I had talked about trying to put together sometime, but this is on a much bigger scale!!!
This will be great. The guys behind it a great characters. I met with them about a year ago and they were talking about doing this but I had NO idea that would stay interested enough to really pull it off. They know how to put on a good show so I am REALLY stoked about this. Yee Hah!!!!!!
~~~
This will be great. The guys behind it are great characters. I met with them about a year ago and they were talking about doing this but I had NO idea that would stay interested enough to really pull it off. They know how to put on a good show so I am REALLY stoked about this. Yee Hah!!!!!! Only one of them is a bonified southsider but the others are cool enough to have been so we overlook that one little shortcoming. :tiphat:

TeriOKC
02-06-2010, 08:22 AM
This will be great. The guys behind it are great characters. I met with them about a year ago and they were talking about doing this but I had NO idea that would stay interested enough to really pull it off. They know how to put on a good show so I am REALLY stoked about this. Yee Hah!!!!!! Only one of them is a bonified southsider but the others are cool enough to have been so we overlook that one little shortcoming. :tiphat:

This sounds incredible! I'm putting it on my calendar.

TOWNHERO
02-07-2010, 06:20 AM

~~~

This will be great. I grew up on the southside. I graduated from Capitol Hill in 1970. I want to come and bring my daughters. They don't knwo what it's like to have a community like that. So many childhood memories of Captiol Hill. Please keep us up to date.

kevinpate
02-07-2010, 06:38 AM

Leo's BBQ
Nic's Grill
Cattleman's
Ingrid's
Eischen's

Leo's was from a prior production run, I think.

I know this round the show also did a segment on The Diner in downtown Norman. Sadly, we recently lost Mark Amspacher, owner of The Diner for the past many years.

The Norman Transcript - Mark Amspacher, owner of Norman landmark The Diner, dies (http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/local_story_034011544)

The Norman Transcript - Mark Amspacher, owner of Norman landmark The Diner, dies (http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/local_story_034011544)

papaOU
02-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Here's a memory, or lack of......

27 degrees outside 2:28 am.....

How in the heck did I get out at 4:00 am and throw papers from a bicycle?

And have those papers "porched" before dawn......

Generals64
02-15-2010, 06:41 AM
Here's a memory, or lack of......

27 degrees outside 2:28 am.....

How in the heck did I get out at 4:00 am and throw papers from a bicycle?

And have those papers "porched" before dawn......

Wrong Question:...."why in the heck did you get out at 4:00 a.m"......I don't believe there's a 12-15 year old boy around anymore that would (or could) do that anymore....

USG '60
02-15-2010, 06:45 AM
It would be considered child abuse to allow a kid to have a paper route now, wouldn't it?

Generals64
02-15-2010, 07:21 AM
It would be considered child abuse to allow a kid to have a paper route now, wouldn't it?
Definitely,......I never had one but I attempted to help a kid in the neighborhood.....about the third morning at 4:00 O'clock I decided I could do something else....Like selling Donuts door to door.....Imagine that in today's society.....You'd be afraid to let your kid do that because all of the Wacko's...

papaOU
02-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Definitely,......I never had one but I attempted to help a kid in the neighborhood.....about the third morning at 4:00 O'clock I decided I could do something else....Like selling Donuts door to door.....Imagine that in today's society.....You'd be afraid to let your kid do that because all of the Wacko's...

You would not buy the donuts because of all the wacko's....

sam greenroyd
02-15-2010, 10:47 AM

I threw papers back then, and there was a few wacko's back then. I do think thats a lot of the problem with the kids now days, there not willing to work to get the things they want.

Prunepicker
02-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Wrong Question... "why in the heck did you get out at 4:00 a.m"... I don't
believe there's a 12-15 year old boy around anymore that would (or could) do
that anymore...
No kidding. Not that all child labor laws are bad but thanks some of them kids
aren't allowed to know what it's like to work, or develop a work ethic.
Was anyone's life destroyed because of a grouchy route manager who yelled
and threatened?

USG '60
02-15-2010, 03:44 PM
No kidding. Not that all child labor laws are bad but thanks some of them kids
aren't allowed to know what it's like to work, or develop a work ethic.
Was anyone's life destroyed because of a grouchy route manager who yelled
and threatened?If I had never had a paper route, I would never have learned how to wake up and get to 7:00 AM college classes.

Generals64
02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
I didn't have a grouchy route manager but I did know a bunch of grumpy old TG&Y Supervisors...Man I started with them when I was 15 years old.....then like Sam said, if I wanted something, I had to earn the money.....School clothes consisted of two pair of Levis, 3 T-Shirts, 3 Shirts and a package of socks. I was allowed $4.00 for shoes if I wanted any others (Wedges) then I had to come up with the rest of the money.....Got a new coat for Christmas usually....couple a times, the old coat was a bit small......and, the Wedges at Levines were around $6.99 to $7.99.....

Prunepicker
02-15-2010, 04:56 PM
I didn't have a grouchy route manager but I did know a bunch of grumpy
old TG&Y Supervisors... Man I started with them when I was 15 years old...
then like Sam said, if I wanted something, I had to earn the money...
School clothes consisted of two pair of Levis, 3 T-Shirts, 3 Shirts and a
package of socks. I was allowed $4.00 for shoes if I wanted any others
(Wedges) then I had to come up with the rest of the money... Got a new
coat for Christmas usually... couple a times, the old coat was a bit small...
and, the Wedges at Levine's were around $6.99 to $7.99...

What were wedge's? We had Weejun's - penny loafers. Of course I had to
wear bullet proof wing tips. They were heck during gym. Mom always
bought blue jeans that were 5 inches longer than my legs because I was
supposed to grow into them. They made cool cuffs and playground dirt
bins. 300 boys x 2 cuffs each could move 2 tons of dirt per week. No
wonder the ball fields were always flooded when it rained.

Generals64
02-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Your mother didn't buy them 5 inches longer intentionally, that was as close a length as she could get.....You know, I hate to break it to you but, you really aren't 6'2" with a true pack.....We've just been telling you that to make you feel good....

papaOU
02-15-2010, 05:52 PM
I threw papers back then, and there was a few wacko's back then. I do think thats a lot of the problem with the kids now days, there not willing to work to get the things they want.

Most of the wacko's out there ARE KIDS!!

sam greenroyd
02-16-2010, 10:21 AM
I didn't have a grouchy route manager but I did know a bunch of grumpy old TG&Y Supervisors...Man I started with them when I was 15 years old.....then like Sam said, if I wanted something, I had to earn the money.....School clothes consisted of two pair of Levis, 3 T-Shirts, 3 Shirts and a package of socks. I was allowed $4.00 for shoes if I wanted any others (Wedges) then I had to come up with the rest of the money.....Got a new coat for Christmas usually....couple a times, the old coat was a bit small......and, the Wedges at Levines were around $6.99 to $7.99.....
If you bought the Wedges, then you had to by the horse shoe and continental taps,That was even more money.............lol

sam greenroyd
02-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Most of the wacko's out there ARE KIDS!!

Yea, My father-in-law used to call them " Young Punks"

Generals64
02-16-2010, 11:38 AM
If you bought the Wedges, then you had to by the horse shoe and continental taps,That was even more money.............lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are soooooo right. You couldn't wear them (the shoes) out of the store before you got the taps put on because it wasn't cool if you didn't "Drag" your feet.....My dad made it Very , Very clear that I was NOT to drag my feet though.....those little pencil belts back then really stung....

sam greenroyd
02-16-2010, 12:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are soooooo right. You couldn't wear them (the shoes) out of the store before you got the taps put on because it wasn't cool if you didn't "Drag" your feet.....My dad made it Very , Very clear that I was NOT to drag my feet though.....those little pencil belts back then really stung....

I wanted a pair so bad, but my parents wouldn't let me have them. I had to put the horse shoe taps on my ordinary shoes. Bummer.

Generals64
02-16-2010, 12:21 PM
I wanted a pair so bad, but my parents wouldn't let me have them. I had to put the horse shoe taps on my ordinary shoes. Bummer.
================================================== ==========
My mom and dad weren't too happy either...But, they had agreed that if I wanted another type of shoe then I had to come up with the money....Mowed a lot of yards back then. Handed out a bunch of "hand bills" and sold a lot of Donuts....only thing...couldn't wear them in the house on my mother's hardwood floors....then along came the shoe with the click-back tongue....and then Saddle Cordovan.....boy they were (still are) expensive....Don't forget the
$2.99 501 Levis...Yes, for you younger people the Levis (501) were $ 2.99 at C.R. Anthony's as was the Lacoste (alligator) shirts...couldn't afford those though. Sam, do you remember the old Ban Lon shirts????

papaOU
02-16-2010, 01:37 PM
My mom and dad weren't too happy either...But, they had agreed that if I wanted another type of shoe then I had to come up with the money....Mowed a lot of yards back then. Handed out a bunch of "hand bills" and sold a lot of Donuts....only thing...couldn't wear them in the house on my mother's hardwood floors....then along came the shoe with the click-back tongue....and then Saddle Cordovan.....boy they were (still are) expensive....Don't forget the
$2.99 501 Levis...Yes, for you younger people the Levis (501) were $ 2.99 at C.R. Anthony's as was the Lacoste (alligator) shirts...couldn't afford those though. Sam, do you remember the old Ban Lon shirts????

Anthony's also carried the shirt with the Penguin (munsing wear?) To this day that shirt makes me think "CLASS"

sam greenroyd
02-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Now your talkin uppity...........with a His Jacket

Generals64
02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Now your talkin uppity...........with a His Jacket

Nah, couldn't afford the real thing so I went to Atlantic Mills and bought a knock off....washed it and then as I picked up the pieces around the back yard I just forgot about it.....remember buying some dress slacks there one time....My mother washed them and they shrank 2 sizes in the waist and 3-4 inches in the length.....wasn't as good a deal as I thought......got to wear them once though....I did buy some Levi Wheat Jeans (along with everyone else in the world) wish they still made them....

Prunepicker
02-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Anthony's also carried the shirt with the Penguin (munsing wear?) To this day
that shirt makes me think "CLASS"
Munsingwear was the name of the shirt. Are they still around?

sam greenroyd
02-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Nah, couldn't afford the real thing so I went to Atlantic Mills and bought a knock off....washed it and then as I picked up the pieces around the back yard I just forgot about it.....remember buying some dress slacks there one time....My mother washed them and they shrank 2 sizes in the waist and 3-4 inches in the length.....wasn't as good a deal as I thought......got to wear them once though....I did buy some Levi Wheat Jeans (along with everyone else in the world) wish they still made them....

My Levis keep shrinking as I get older also.lol.........Remember when everyone was wearing light blue corduroys with a white with red pinstripe shirt.

Generals64
02-16-2010, 03:52 PM
My Levis keep shrinking as I get older also.lol.........Remember when everyone was wearing light blue corduroys with a white with red pinstripe shirt.
boy, you just rattled an old cage. I had forgotten about corduroy Jeans. and especially the powder blue ones....and I remember the pin stripe shirt starched
where you couldn't move....

sam greenroyd
02-16-2010, 04:06 PM
boy, you just rattled an old cage. I had forgotten about corduroy Jeans. and especially the powder blue ones....and I remember the pin stripe shirt starched
where you couldn't move....

Yea when ya moved it sounded like cardboard rubbin together, and you better wear a T-shirt or you wouldn't have any nipples left.

USG '60
02-16-2010, 08:18 PM
I had to do my own ironing because mom would't use enough starch (Spray, of course), and wasn't careful enough about where the crease in my jeans were, and she wasn't about to bear down on the iron to sharpen the creases. PLEASE, mom, I'd rather do it myself." That was my introduction to independent living.

papaOU
02-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Munsingwear was the name of the shirt. Are they still around?

Munsingwear is still around and expensive as ever. Like Dockers, they now make pants, shorts.......

SoonerGirl26
02-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Frisky....you were asking today about the dancehall that used to be by Elmwood Swimming Pool years ago......

I did some research in the archives of The Oklahoman. It was always referred to as Elmwood Dance Hall in the ads and newspaper articles. Back in 1924 it was used sometimes for political debates. Will Rogers spoke there on Labor Day in 1937 following a parade. Don't know when Bateman's bought it, but in 1957 it burned down and was referred to as Elmwood Amusement Park & Dance Pavillion.

And there was another dancehall near that pool too.... The Palladium. The very first ads or mention of "The Palladium" in The Oklahoman were New Year's Eve 1944. In 1964 they started advertising as the new "Palladium Club". In 1971 they advertised as "Lefty's Palladium Club". Last ad in the Oklahoman was in April 1975. In the ads the address for the Palladium was always 4825 S. Shields which is now the Southeast Hardware store.... which happens to be where my dad works now!!

~~~

jmw45
02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Need some help and some involvement.

I had posted the link to the Capitol Hill Rockin' Reunion site (Capitol Hill Main Street's All School Rockin Reunion (http://www.rockinreunion.com)) a while back and I wanted to give everyone a kind of status report and also ask for some help.

The Rockin' Reunion is moving along quite well but we would like to start getting alumni of the various south side high schools involved. If you would like to get involved and find out what you can do, please email eventinfo@rockinreunion.com and let us know how to get in touch with you. Or contact me on this forum and I will get back in touch with you.

NEWSPAPER ARTICLES: The Daily Oklahoman is going to print an article tomorrow (Feb 24, 2010) about what we are doing at Capitol Hill. There will be another article coming out in the Journal Record but I don't know when that one will be printed.

Some of you may already know that we are offering free booths at this event to the various alumni groups. This is one way of letting you know we really want to get the alumni involved.

I would also like to come to your various alumni meetings and let you know more about what we are doing and what will be happening at the event. So if you would like for me to come by, let me know.

We also need help in getting people to donate guitars to the Guitar Art Contest and you can find out more about that at Home | Guitar Art (http://www.guitarartok.com). There are also some pretty neat pictures of guitar art on that site also. Go check it out.

If you would like to see my vision of what could be done in Capitol Hill, go to my Capitol Hill fantasy site Home (http://www.capitolhillokc.com) and take a look. I am calling Capitol Hill the "Music Center" of Oklahoma City because it needs an identity and it already has 2 recording studios. This site is not yet completed, but I have "built" Sonic a new HQ in Capitol Hill. I have also added more recording studios, restaurants, offices, and a music museum called The Southern Legends Hall Of Fame.

We could turn Capitol Hill back into a real business area and tourist spot if we work together on it.

USG '60
02-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Wow, your fantasy site is a hoot. I can't wait til you expand it. I take it you are working with the three musketeers, Reg, Lam and Mark, eh? Tell 'em I said HI. :tiphat:

jmw45
02-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the site.

The Daily Oklahoman did print the article on the Rockin' Reunion (http://www.rockinreunion.com). You can find the article at this link. NewsOK (http://newsok.com/dream-remains-alive-for-capitol-hill-area/article/3441804?custom_click=lead_story_title)

Generals64
02-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey:...why don't we put together a OKCTalk booth for Alumni at the Rocking Reunion. I know that the Southsiders will get involved....we'd even let some of the North siders be involved. Also, we could get some more support on this thread as well as get some support for this event....If these guys are going to do this (as planned) then we should support them....

papaOU
02-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey:...why don't we put together a OKCTalk booth for Alumni at the Rocking Reunion. I know that the Southsiders will get involved....we'd even let some of the North siders be involved. Also, we could get some more support on this thread as well as get some support for this event....If these guys are going to do this (as planned) then we should support them....

okay. Get it together.:tiphat:

Generals64
02-26-2010, 11:27 AM
okay. Get it together.:tiphat:

If you guys will guarantee to help work the booth, I'll get the stuff together...We might get Coit's to help sponsor....

jmw45
03-01-2010, 09:03 AM
I've got a Rockin' Reunion project I could use some volunteers for.

I would like to form a committee to help me get some guitars donated to the Guitar Art contest. We are getting more interest than I had planned for. I need to get about another 50 or 60 guitars donated. We are not looking for new guitars (although that would be nice), we are looking for used guitars, both electric and acoustic.

Remember this is for a good cause. It will help us raise money for the art departments for the South Side High Schools.

Do I have any takers? If you would like to help, contact me on this forum or go to Home | Guitar Art (http://www.guitarartok.com) and fill out the contact form.

BTW, is there any other thread, or forum or site I can go to that has to do with the south side high school alumns?

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

papaOU
03-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Robinson underpass has been demolished and filled-in. They now have started on Walker. Western is now open to thru traffic......

Lots of roadwork going on. Not sure I am glad to see it........

gen70
03-01-2010, 03:53 PM
It's hard for me to think about ever going down Robinson and not going under that bridge.