View Full Version : Southside OKC Memories....anyone?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Prunepicker
11-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Gen64 had a medical emergency. That's why wasn't there and way we
couldn't get in touch with him.

Tallgirl brought her beautiful Mustang and the guys were drooling. Frisky has
a mint condition Yugo. All the girls were crazy about it.

Best of all Mom showed up!

FRISKY
11-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Be on the lookout for Mom....I hear she's gonna show up. The South(east) will rise again!!

~~~~~ :kicking: ~~~~~She did make it...and she brought friends!

FRISKY
11-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Tallgirl brought her beautiful Mustang and the guys were drooling.A very nice '65.

FRISKY
11-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Gen64 had a medical emergency. Hope it wasn't too serious. I hope he can make it next month...we were a little short on U.S. Grant Generals this time.

SoonerGirl26
11-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Gen64.... I was about to ground you for 2 weeks for not showing up, but then I heard you had an emergency... so you're forgiven. Love, Mom

Had a good time, new faces, good conversation... and then Frisky took me for a spin in his new bright yellow Corvette! It was groovy man!!!

~~~

Generals64
11-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Gen64.... I was about to ground you for 2 weeks for not showing up, but then I heard you had an emergency... so you're forgiven. Love, Mom

Had a good time, new faces, good conversation... and then Frisky took me for a spin in his new bright yellow Corvette! It was groovy man!!!

~~~
================================================== ==========
Missed you guys (especially the Corvette). I have had another bout with the old Kidney Stones. Think I'll have you a necklace made Mom. I have a new equation:.........Kidney Stones + Morphine/Loritabs also:..equal...Lalalalalalal Land. These things hurt like nobody has ever hurt. I'm very tired of Mother Nature.....

Prunepicker
11-22-2009, 01:21 PM
... and then Frisky took me for a spin in his new bright yellow Corvette! It
was groovy man!~~~
I mistook it for a Yugo. LOL!

It's a beautiful ride.

SoonerGirl26
11-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Missed you guys (especially the Corvette). I have had another bout with the old Kidney Stones. Think I'll have you a necklace made Mom. I have a new equation:.........Kidney Stones + Morphine/Loritabs also:..equal...Lalalalalalal Land. These things hurt like nobody has ever hurt. I'm very tired of Mother Nature.....

You know why we women think God gave you guys kidney stones? So you would know what childbirth feels like to us!!!!!

We did miss you! Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) was asking where you were!! And........geez, I think I'll pass (no pun intended) on the "stone" necklace.... don't think it will match any of my outfits! Hope you're feeling better.

~~~

papaOU
11-22-2009, 04:29 PM

Well if your having a problem with the Morphine/Loritabs, I may be able to
help you out.

Generals64
11-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Funny how the southside has grown. The influence of Southside has been transported to the North side of OKC....Soon we'll all be Southside OKIES...TERIOKC has shown her face hear lately....Still can't get her to cross the river she's afraid of "Cooties" I guess....Or, she has some dark secretive life on this side of the River.....Never thought of that.....How many remember the old house on the North East corner of S.W. 59th and May????any stories to share????How about the old Zorro Taco stand?????"Dare to be great"""Koscot???did any of you guys fall for those gimmicks////???? Not me....Nothing comes that quit and cheap......Do you remember Mrs. Campbell at the TG&Y Store at 44th & May???? How about Mrs. Scroggins???cam you name the shoe store bertween TG&Y and Jim's IGA..they sold thongs ()shoe flip flops) for on 19cents a pair....6/$ 1.00.....My mom would get her one of every color....ANY RESPONSE?????

Prunepicker
11-29-2009, 07:25 PM
... How many remember the old house on the North East corner of S.W. 59th
and May? any stories to share?

Do you remember Mrs. Campbell at the TG&Y Store at 44th & May? How
about Mrs. Scroggins? can you name the shoe store between TG&Y and Jim's
IGA...

I remember the house on the corner. We lived just south of it.

Mrs. Scroggins doesn't ring a bell but we probably saw her since that was
our TG&Y store. Was the shoe store Red Goose?

I'm trying to remember all of the shops in that strip. Shaw drug was on the
north end then there was that "L" with something else.

MonkeyBiz6903
11-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Funny how the southside has grown. The influence of Southside has been transported to the North side of OKC....Soon we'll all be Southside OKIES...TERIOKC has shown her face hear lately....Still can't get her to cross the river she's afraid of "Cooties" I guess....Or, she has some dark secretive life on this side of the River.....Never thought of that.....How many remember the old house on the North East corner of S.W. 59th and May????any stories to share????How about the old Zorro Taco stand?????"Dare to be great"""Koscot???did any of you guys fall for those gimmicks////???? Not me....Nothing comes that quit and cheap......Do you remember Mrs. Campbell at the TG&Y Store at 44th & May???? How about Mrs. Scroggins???cam you name the shoe store bertween TG&Y and Jim's IGA..they sold thongs ()shoe flip flops) for on 19cents a pair....6/$ 1.00.....My mom would get her one of every color....ANY RESPONSE?????

I remember the old house on 59th. Family named Mohr, lived there think they where still growing wheat in that field till winn-dixie bought the property.

papaOU
11-30-2009, 12:10 AM

I can only comment on Zorro Taco.

The best!!!

Generals64
11-30-2009, 04:55 PM

================================================== ===========
Everybody that was a kid on that side of town had to deal with Mrs. Scroggins at one time or other...She was the Toy Department Manager......Now do you remember her???? Mrs. Campbell (neighbor across the street from where I lived) was the Hardware and Candy lady in the store...tough old gal at the store or at home.....The name of the Shoe Store was Pay-Less Shoes....There was a cleaners just north of Shaw Drug and then you turned the corner and there was a shoe shop and Ladies Hair Salon along with a local Pub....

gen70
11-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Everybody that was a kid on that side of town had to deal with Mrs. Scroggins at one time or other...She was the Toy Department Manager......Now do you remember her???? Mrs. Campbell (neighbor across the street from where I lived) was the Hardware and Candy lady in the store...tough old gal at the store or at home.....The name of the Shoe Store was Pay-Less Shoes....There was a cleaners just north of Shaw Drug and then you turned the corner and there was a shoe shop and Ladies Hair Salon along with a local Pub.... The Pub was the "RoundTable".

Prunepicker
11-30-2009, 09:19 PM
The Pub was the "RoundTable".
Wasn't the Round Table in Almonte? There was one west of N. May off of
N.W. 39th Expressway, too. It became a biker bar.

gen70
12-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Wasn't the Round Table in Almonte? There was one west of N. May off of
N.W. 39th Expressway, too. It became a biker bar. Your right Prune, it was in Almonte shopping center. I get confused sometimes. I do remember the "RoundTable" on northside, I think at one time it was called "Wild Bills".

Generals64
12-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Your right Prune, it was in Almonte shopping center. I get confused sometimes. I do remember the "RoundTable" on northside, I think at one time it was called "Wild Bills".
================================================== =============
The Round Table in almonte Center was started and owned by an old 1964 U.S. Grant Graduate (Joe Don Garner). Joe has passed away however.....Used to be pretty good lace to go to....sometimes a little too rowdy....

Prunepicker
12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
The Round Table in Almonte Center was started and owned by an old 1964
U.S. Grant Graduate (Joe Don Garner). Joe has passed away however... Used
to be pretty good lace to go to... sometimes a little too rowdy...
Were there waitresses? I remember a large window on the south side of the
room. Did you place your order there?

Rickster
12-01-2009, 01:25 PM

The house at 59th & May, I seem to remember a time there were two house sitting side be side there (many moons ago).

Prunepicker
12-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Everybody that was a kid on that side of town had to deal with Mrs.
Scroggins at one time or other...She was the Toy Department Manager...
Now do you remember her?
No :-( I'm sure I saw her. As I said earlier, that was the TG&Y went to most
of the time until the World's Largest was built. We still went to the one at
Mayridge.

Prunepicker
12-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Jim's IGA in the Mayridge Shopping Center. He had 10 cent ham samiches in
the meat department.

Were there 4 aisles?

Generals64
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Jim's IGA in the Mayridge Shopping Center. He had 10 cent ham samiches in
the meat department.

Were there 4 aisles?
================================================== =============
Four or more, that was quite a Supermarket in it's day. His brother Foy actually started the store and Jim later on bought it from him...My dad was a produce OTR driver and he would bring back extra cases of All kinds of fruit and my dad would trade Jim (and Foy) the extra fruit for other food products or gift certificates......

grantgeneral78
12-02-2009, 05:55 PM
I worked at Jims as a stocker back then...was a fun job!

Generals64
12-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I worked at Jims as a stocker back then...was a fun job!

================================================== ==============
Naw, you weren't born when that all happened. You probably worked at 74th and Penn....Ray Bond??????

grantgeneral78
12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Naw, you weren't born when that all happened. You probably worked at 74th and Penn....Ray Bond??????

Yes my bad I thought you were talking about the one on 74th.

TeriOKC
12-05-2009, 06:10 AM
The house at 59th & May, I seem to remember a time there were two house sitting side be side there (many moons ago).

Rickster:

The houses you're thinking of are still there, but they sit on the corners of SW 53rd and 52nd and May, respectively.

TeriOKC
12-05-2009, 06:13 AM

Hey!
If you guys have Cooties, then most of my famiy does too! "Dark, secretive life"..haha. Just NO life, only work it seems! Hey, speaking of "Cooties" I seem to remember an old dive bar on Portland somewhere around 44th called "Cootie's". Or did I dream that?

gen70
12-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Hey!
If you guys have Cooties, then most of my famiy does too! "Dark, secretive life"..haha. Just NO life, only work it seems! Hey, speaking of "Cooties" I seem to remember an old dive bar on Portland somewhere around 44th called "Cootie's". Or did I dream that? Don't remember a dive at 44th & Portland but there was one between 37th and 38th on the W. side of Portland. Can't remember the name.

Generals64
12-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Don't remember a dive at 44th & Portland but there was one between 37th and 38th on the W. side of Portland. Can't remember the name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both of you are pretty close...the building is still a "Dive" but it's in Spanish...

USG '60
12-06-2009, 01:35 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both of you are pretty close...the building is still a "Dive" but it's in Spanish...

Cove

Rickster
12-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Rickster:

The houses you're thinking of are still there, but they sit on the corners of SW 53rd and 52nd and May, respectively.

Thanks Teri, I know which houses you mention but those aren't the ones I'm talking about. I'm talking about the same location Prunepicker and Generals64 talked about (NE corner of 59th & May). They mention one house but I seem to remember when there were two or maybe I'm dreaming. LOL

Prunepicker
12-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks Teri, I know which houses you mention but those aren't the ones I'm
talking about. I'm talking about the same location Prunepicker and Generals64
talked about (NE corner of 59th & May). They mention one house but I seem
to remember when there were two or maybe I'm dreaming. LOL
There was only 1 that I remember in 1959.

Generals64
12-06-2009, 08:15 PM
There was only 1 that I remember in 1959.

There were two for a while....One of the two however stayed there for years...It had better than a 12 x 12 pitch on the architecture of the rood line and had a dark brown brick Facade.....

papaOU
12-07-2009, 06:47 AM
There were two for a while....One of the two however stayed there for years...It had better than a 12 x 12 pitch on the architecture of the rood line and had a dark brown brick Facade.....

Sounds like you were casing the joint.....

TOWNHERO
12-07-2009, 07:43 AM
I haven't been around lately, I've been sick, but reading these posts, I had forgotten about Jim's IGA. I grew up on S.W. 37th between May and Independence, Woodson Park etc. I remember when it was a golf course. When I was in junior high, I had a girl friend that lived east of May and south of 44th. We would meet at the drug store in the shopping center (can't remember it's name). Used to walk through Rorland's farm to get there, went to grade, junior high and high school with Linda. I had a crush on a Teri, that I went to junior high and high school with, I wonder if TERIOKC is the same girl. LOL!!! Has anyone ever wonder what happened to the girls (for the females, the boys) that you liked in school. I married my high school sweet heart that I met when I was a junior. I worked on the northside, she went to Northwest and I went to Capitol Hill. We were married for 26 years, before her passing, had 3 kids and I'm soon to be a first time grand parent. I used to go to the movies at the theatre in the Airline Shopping center. My mother worked at the Humpty's there. Anyway, I enjoy reading these posts. I haven't been on the southside for quite a while now. Maybe someday I'll get back over there.

gen70
12-07-2009, 09:58 AM
I haven't been around lately, I've been sick, but reading these posts, I had forgotten about Jim's IGA. I grew up on S.W. 37th between May and Independence, Woodson Park etc. I remember when it was a golf course. When I was in junior high, I had a girl friend that lived east of May and south of 44th. We would meet at the drug store in the shopping center (can't remember it's name). Used to walk through Rorland's farm to get there, went to grade, junior high and high school with Linda. I had a crush on a Teri, that I went to junior high and high school with, I wonder if TERIOKC is the same girl. LOL!!! Has anyone ever wonder what happened to the girls (for the females, the boys) that you liked in school. I married my high school sweet heart that I met when I was a junior. I worked on the northside, she went to Northwest and I went to Capitol Hill. We were married for 26 years, before her passing, had 3 kids and I'm soon to be a first time grand parent. I used to go to the movies at the theatre in the Airline Shopping center. My mother worked at the Humpty's there. Anyway, I enjoy reading these posts. I haven't been on the southside for quite a while now. Maybe someday I'll get back over there. Glad to see ya back, been wonderin where ya been.

grantgeneral78
12-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I haven't been around lately, I've been sick, but reading these posts, I had forgotten about Jim's IGA. I grew up on S.W. 37th between May and Independence, Woodson Park etc. I remember when it was a golf course. When I was in junior high, I had a girl friend that lived east of May and south of 44th. We would meet at the drug store in the shopping center (can't remember it's name). Used to walk through Rorland's farm to get there, went to grade, junior high and high school with Linda. I had a crush on a Teri, that I went to junior high and high school with, I wonder if TERIOKC is the same girl. LOL!!! Has anyone ever wonder what happened to the girls (for the females, the boys) that you liked in school. I married my high school sweet heart that I met when I was a junior. I worked on the northside, she went to Northwest and I went to Capitol Hill. We were married for 26 years, before her passing, had 3 kids and I'm soon to be a first time grand parent. I used to go to the movies at the theatre in the Airline Shopping center. My mother worked at the Humpty's there. Anyway, I enjoy reading these posts. I haven't been on the southside for quite a while now. Maybe someday I'll get back over there.

Welcome back!! :welcome55

Generals64
12-08-2009, 02:35 PM

Hey, come to the next meeting (sec. 19th, 2009 at Coit's 1:30 P.M.) we'll disinfect you when you cross the Rivwer (going south of course). The name of that Drug Store was Shaw drug....The Theater was The Chieftain. And yes, I've wonder about a couple of the girls I went with (or thought I did) but, like you I married one and stuck with her (43 years and counting)....Where did you go to Jr. High????

Generals64
12-11-2009, 12:24 PM
2,500 replies.....52,000 views and 103 pages long.....It seems as though the memories of the Southside Gang is still going strong.....hopefully some of the younger group will dig deep and bring out other memories of their childhood.
I remember seeing the kids (mine included) would gather up their cold clothes and slide down the hills of the Interstate when there would be a small Snowstorm....When we were kids (50's & 60's) we had home made sleds, some had mfg. sleds...We used car hoods (that was fun) even tried riding our bicycles in the snow....However, we didn't have cell phones, video games and the rest of today's mind teasers....We actually sat down and read a book sometimes....Television was sparse to say the least but we enjoyed this time of year so much.
Do the kids of today go Crawdad fishin'??? how about sleeping outside in the Spring time and in the Summer?....Just in the Back yard....not talking about the open fields (that are now housing developments).....do the kids ever pick Sand Plums in the wild or do they know about them?....Anybody out there ever actually play "Kick the Can"?....Oh well, the Southsiders did and boy did we have fun......I'm sure Pennyquilts and her group were guilty of some of these things though.....

Rickster
12-11-2009, 09:55 PM
2,500 replies.....52,000 views and 103 pages long.....It seems as though the memories of the Southside Gang is still going strong.....hopefully some of the younger group will dig deep and bring out other memories of their childhood.
I remember seeing the kids (mine included) would gather up their cold clothes and slide down the hills of the Interstate when there would be a small Snowstorm....When we were kids (50's & 60's) we had home made sleds, some had mfg. sleds...We used car hoods (that was fun) even tried riding our bicycles in the snow....However, we didn't have cell phones, video games and the rest of today's mind teasers....We actually sat down and read a book sometimes....Television was sparse to say the least but we enjoyed this time of year so much.
Do the kids of today go Crawdad fishin'??? how about sleeping outside in the Spring time and in the Summer?....Just in the Back yard....not talking about the open fields (that are now housing developments).....do the kids ever pick Sand Plums in the wild or do they know about them?....Anybody out there ever actually play "Kick the Can"?....Oh well, the Southsiders did and boy did we have fun......I'm sure Pennyquilts and her group were guilty of some of these things though.....

I doubt there are many kids nowadays that know what a crawdad is. There use to be a couple of crawdad ponds on the west side of May around 63rd (near where Prunepicker lived). We used strings tied onto bacon. They seemed to like that. I was wading one of those ponds bare footed once when I nearly cut off a pinky toe stepping on something. And yes, we used to sleep outside occasionally during the summer. Used to have a great time.

For me those were truely the good ole days.

papaOU
12-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Of course I slept outside. I am one of the reasons the city put a curfew on the city parks!

2bORnot2b
12-15-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm new to forum and it's fantastic! Only had time to read a couple of pages and it's really stirred up the brain cobwebs. Including memories of Al 'N Dubs, Hollie's, The Spot, Reding and many, many more. How about the watermelon stand on the SE corner of 44th & Western (before Arlan's)? Served ice cold on wooden picnic tables, no utensils - they washed ya' down with a water hose when you were through. And also, a tiny diner on SW 29th (maybe 3300 block?) that served a shrimp basket for 50 cents? It was the biggest butterfly shrimp ever prepared in the same deep fryer as the shoestring potatoes by a lady named Queenie who cooked, served and I think owned the place.

Generals64
12-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Remember to send TERIOKC a reminder that it is this Saturday that the meeting at Coit's is on. 1:30 p.m. COIT'S 24TH AND S.WESTERN. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE.....SEE YA LATER ALLIGATOR......AFTER WHILE CROCODILE.... I gotta get a real job......
DON'T GET TOUGH POWDER PUFF..... GOOD-BYE......GENERALS64...."WHERE IS REDSKINS/GENERAL WHEN I NEED HIM?"

grantgeneral78
12-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Was there a dairy boy on the southside, I cannot recall one?

Crash24OU
12-15-2009, 02:35 PM
I remember the watermelon stand on 44th and Western, Steve Hunt's dad owned it. We (myself and about 12 other guys) had a racetrack behind it where we raced our motorcycles. Also had one on 66th and Santa Fe across from Webster. Wasn't there a Burger Chef restaurant on 59th just east of Southwestern Plaza? It's where Sherri's Diner is now I think. Wish I had a dollar for every time I cruised between McDonald's on 59th and Penn, and Kip's on 59th and Western....I could retire! LOL

Generals64
12-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Was there a dairy boy on the southside, I cannot recall one?
I think the one across from Coutry Club Drive-In was a Tastee Freeze....I know there is a Dairy Boy (For Sale) in Lexington.

Rickster
12-15-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm new to forum and it's fantastic! Only had time to read a couple of pages and it's really stirred up the brain cobwebs. Including memories of Al 'N Dubs, Hollie's, The Spot, Reding and many, many more. How about the watermelon stand on the SE corner of 44th & Western (before Arlan's)? Served ice cold on wooden picnic tables, no utensils - they washed ya' down with a water hose when you were through. And also, a tiny diner on SW 29th (maybe 3300 block?) that served a shrimp basket for 50 cents? It was the biggest butterfly shrimp ever prepared in the same deep fryer as the shoestring potatoes by a lady named Queenie who cooked, served and I think owned the place.

Good to see you on 2b. Reading gen64 post reminded me that I didn't tell you that we meet at Coit's once a month. Although I've missed the last two I intend to make this one.

Generals64
12-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Good to see you on 2b. Reading gen64 post reminded me that I didn't tell you that we meet at Coit's once a month. Although I've missed the last two I intend to make this one.

You realize that without you our only security at the meetings is Prunepicker and he's never on time.....wait till you see the Christmas Gift I got him...the wrapping is tremendous (did it myself).....

Rickster
12-15-2009, 05:11 PM
You realize that without you our only security at the meetings is Prunepicker and he's never on time.....wait till you see the Christmas Gift I got him...the wrapping is tremendous (did it myself).....

2beornot2b is a friend of mine. She graduated at a school, let's just say south of Grant. But she went to Jackson JH when I did. She is a true southsider so be nice to her.

Generals64
12-15-2009, 06:19 PM
2beornot2b is a friend of mine. She graduated at a school, let's just say south of Grant. But she went to Jackson JH when I did. She is a true southsider so be nice to her.

================================================== ============
Get outta here....you've got a friend????? O.K. then, if she is a Southsider we'll let her slide....She has to come to the meeting and go through the initiation...Right???? All kidding aside Welcome 2beornot2b....

SoonerGirl26
12-16-2009, 10:36 AM
I remember the watermelon stand on 44th and Western, Steve Hunt's dad owned it. We (myself and about 12 other guys) had a racetrack behind it where we raced our motorcycles. Also had one on 66th and Santa Fe across from Webster. Wasn't there a Burger Chef restaurant on 59th just east of Southwestern Plaza? It's where Sherri's Diner is now I think. Wish I had a dollar for every time I cruised between McDonald's on 59th and Penn, and Kip's on 59th and Western....I could retire! LOL

Hey Crash24OU, glad to see you on here!! You other guys be nice to him, he is a SE Spartan that me and "bowtieguy" recruited to get on this forum and hopefully come to Coit's on Saturday!

I'm planning on being there!!

~~

Generals64
12-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey Crash24OU, glad to see you on here!! You other guys be nice to him, he is a SE Spartan that me and "bowtieguy" recruited to get on this forum and hopefully come to Coit's on Saturday!

I'm planning on being there!!

~~
Hello again.....thought maybe you got mad....just kidding....glad to see you back now some class is back in the thread.....maybe 4th but that's O.K......

SoonerGirl26
12-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Hello again.....thought maybe you got mad....just kidding....glad to see you back now some class is back in the thread.....maybe 4th but that's O.K......

Gen64...I've just been busy... you know me! But I was there last month and you weren't. But I hear that you had a very good reason for missing. OUCH!

~~~

Generals64
12-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Gen64...I've just been busy... you know me! But I was there last month and you weren't. But I hear that you had a very good reason for missing. OUCH!

~~~

You gotta be there this one...I have Prunepicker a Christmas Present he can't wait to open......Black Friday Special at the TA Truck Stop.......I fought the crowd and the Lot Lizards for this one.....

papaOU
12-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Instead of placing this on the school pages I felt it best to place here.

Hilarious School Answering Machine Video (http://www.break.com/index/hilarious-answering-machine-message.html)

You may have to cut and paste.

USG '60
12-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Instead of placing this on the school pages I felt it best to place here.

Hilarious School Answering Machine Video (http://www.break.com/index/hilarious-answering-machine-message.html)

You may have to cut and paste.

LMAO :congrats:

grantgeneral78
12-17-2009, 05:59 AM
HAHAHAHA.... LOVE THAT LAST PART , "if you want this in another language move to another country"

Wish we would do that! :poke:

papaOU
12-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Wish I had thought of it first!

DECEMBER 18, 2009

Santa Shot...By Jesus
A Nipomo, CA family is catching some flack for their Christmas display. Jesus, holding a shotgun, over a downed Santa.

"It's an expression of my repressed creativity," says Ron Lake.

"Christmas is not about Santa, its about Jesus, not the Jesus as the killer with the shotgun, but come on there's a little humor here, a little tragedy here," says Lake.

The display is up during the day and down at night. Unfortunately no pics.

2bORnot2b
12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Whoa! I missed Saturday - still navigating my way around here. Looking forward to catching up...thanks Rickster!