View Full Version : Newly Single!

thaliathemuse
05-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Hello all!

I just ended a 3 year relationship with someone because of geography. Well, we had bigger problems than that, but basically geography was the turning point. Long story short...I moved to OKC a few months ago, he said he would come, then changed his mind.

Having not been single for 3 years, this is a bit of an adjustment for me, but I must say, I'm actually quite excited about being single again!

A little about me...I'm in my mid-20s, work a lot (with odd hours), have two lovely dogs, enjoy doing things outdoors (running, biking, hiking, etc...), and LOVE sporting events!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello!

Intrepid
05-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Welcome to OKC Talk!!

PennyQuilts
05-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Welcome!! You will have such a great adventure getting used to the place that missing him may not be as much of a concern as you'd think. You came to OKC for work? family? the climate? to meet men? :)

thaliathemuse
06-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Welcome!! You will have such a great adventure getting used to the place that missing him may not be as much of a concern as you'd think. You came to OKC for work? family? the climate? to meet men? :)

I came for a job! I got offered a great opportunity here that I just could not pass up! A great stepping stone in my career!

I'm really enjoying the community. Some of my favorite things, so far, are going to Redhawks games, eating the onion burger at Bricktown Burger, taking my doggies to the dog park, and running at Lake Hefner. Some of what I can't wait to do...visit the art museum, go to a hockey game, and find a really awesome local coffee house to pass away the afternoon!

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

soonerfan21
06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
the Oklahoma RiverFest is this weekend (starting Friday with VIP party) and it should be lotsa fun. Free admission on Saturday I believe. There is another thread for this (so I don't get into trouble with thread police).
website is Riverfest > Home (http://www.oklahomariverfest.com)

Karried
06-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the forum!

We're getting some CRAZY weather lately... (well, crazier than I ever remember in 6 years) so bear with us until it calms down.

Enjoy!

OKCMallen
06-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Weclome! OKC offers plenty to the mid-20 single crowd, I promise. :) If you like fried chicken, you ought to get out to Okarche soon. Hell, we ought to plan an OKCTalk.com outing there anyway. :)

thaliathemuse
06-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Weclome! OKC offers plenty to the mid-20 single crowd, I promise. :) If you like fried chicken, you ought to get out to Okarche soon. Hell, we ought to plan an OKCTalk.com outing there anyway. :)

I've heard so many wonderful things about that place!!! I do LOVE fried chicken...unfortunately, I gave up fried foods 3 years ago when I started training for my first marathon. :(

Perhaps I can break my rule...just once...it was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives after all...and there's beer! :Smiley051

buck
06-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Hope you are liking Oklahoma
What kind of dogs do you have?

hoofer4life
06-17-2008, 02:21 AM
r u interested in have coffee with a newly single guy?

Heath
06-24-2008, 01:49 PM
r u interested in have coffee with a newly single guy?

Settle down there hoofer, your going to scare her off :biggrin:

redcup
06-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Lots of good coffeeshops around. Depends on what you like...artsy and laid back, Starbucky, etc.

Gosh, it is nice to have a choice of coffeeshops now. Just a few years ago, there were only one or two around.

:sofa:

Marc1974
07-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Welcome to OKC. Hope you feel at home here.

aquinasreigns
07-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey there, 26 year old white. I work alot and I am busy searching for a grad school and i am tired of finding the same old same old when I go out. I would love to know more about you, not sure how this works though! lol

raw98682
07-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Okarche? Is that the name of the joint? Thought that was a town?

Toadrax
07-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey there, 26 year old white. I work alot and I am busy searching for a grad school and i am tired of finding the same old same old when I go out. I would love to know more about you, not sure how this works though! lol

I'm not sure either, but it might be a good idea to establish if you are a male or a female.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
07-31-2008, 05:53 PM
She Still Post Here?

Intrepid
07-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Okarche? Is that the name of the joint? Thought that was a town?

Eischen's is the name of the place, located in Okarche.

OU Adonis
08-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I always encourage single girls to move to OKC. Let me know if you need to be shown around town. :D

FR Turbo
08-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Hello all!

I just ended a 3 year relationship with someone because of geography...

Geography, eh? Mine just ended because of chemistry... or lack thereof.

ViperDown
08-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the forum... :)