View Full Version : Why not? A POPS IN BRICKTOWN!

Laramie
05-29-2008, 12:27 PM
POPS: About POPS (http://www.pops66.com/27.0.html)

I believe Abrey McClendon was responsible for POPS - Arcadia, OK.

Just thought a POPS in Bricktown near the Fabulous Ford Center would complement the area, what are your thoughts?

Martin
05-29-2008, 12:55 PM
while i'd love the much shorter drive to get exotic sodas (i'm a sucker for good root beer)... i think that pops is best being a one-off kind of thing.

-M

John
05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I could see Aubrey putting one in each state along old 66, but that's about it.

namellac
05-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Try Buy For Less for sodas from "South of the Border". They're alot cheaper than $2 a bottle too!

NE Oasis
05-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Bad Idea. The plan was for Pops to become a Rte 66 icon. Mission accomplished.

namellac
05-29-2008, 03:56 PM
How about a "BEERS" in Bricktown? Oh wait, there's Tapwerks......

kevinpate
05-29-2008, 04:24 PM
the empty lot where the canal first turns south ... yeah, i know, someday there's gonna be something there, but i still wish they had congregated all the buffalo there in the interim. tipsy locals and tourists trying to ride, hug, whatever would have brought in some much needed entertainment to the the folks going mind numb in line for their turn on the widdle yellow boatsies

metro
05-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Bad Idea. The plan was for Pops to become a Rte 66 icon. Mission accomplished.

Agreed, don't water down a good iconic product, otherwise you got a mass produced concept which is not what the intent was. I agree, POPS in Bricktown would be a bad idea and Bricktown is a tourist trap with too many chains already and has nothing to due with historic Route 66. I do know that Aubrey has said he is not finished with Arcadia or with Route 66 developments. He is also expanding POPS this summer and will have an outdoor eating area, etc. I forget the name, it's called something like Pops Backyard or something.

tuck
05-30-2008, 01:18 PM
He is also expanding POPS this summer and will have an outdoor eating area, etc. I forget the name, it's called something like Pops Backyard or something.

POPS Backyard will be an additional restaurant next to POPS...opening next summer sometime. The patio at POPS is now open and doing very well I hear.

jbrown84
06-05-2008, 12:11 AM
while i'd love the much shorter drive to get exotic sodas (i'm a sucker for good root beer)... i think that pops is best being a one-off kind of thing.

-M

Seconded!