View Full Version : Favorite Bricktown Restaurant/Business

Patrick
07-27-2004, 08:38 PM
What's you're favorite Bricktown restaurant and why?

Well, I happen to like good ole Zios. What a great deal for such a small price. I also love sitting out on their patio on a nice spring or cool summer day, eating a pizza or bowl of spaghetti, just relaxing and watching the ducks stroll by! Afterward, I always take a visit to the Laughing Fish Gift Shop next door. If you've never been in there, give it a shot. It's an extremely first class gift shop! The guy that owns it definitely knows how to run business.....he knew he couldn't stay in business just with a Bricktown shop (winter days are slow for business at least for now) so he opened up Laughing Fish stores at Crossroads Mall, and is currently opening one at Quail Springs. His mall stores are quite different than his Bricktown store though, as his mall stores offer a wide selection of party dresses. His Bricktown store has a wide variety of gifts, tourist items, T-shirts, accessories, clothes, nick-nacks, etc! A little something for everyone!

What's your favorite Bricktown establishment and why?

floater
07-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse. I've actually dined there only once, but I love killing time at the bar and enjoying a drink and one of their bar menu items. Second would be the electric LIT lounge/gallery/rooftop.

BG918
07-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Lotus is my favorite. I took a date there several months ago and it felt like we were in some trendy NYC restaurant from the modern interior with the pulsating color lights and techno music. I had the sushi, which was great (on par with my favorite OKC sushi bar, Sushi Nikko) and my date had the steak, and it was wonderful as well. Cool place, I'll need to go back sometime. Kinda pricey though, definitely only for special occasions.

I also love Chelino's, Bourbon Street Cafe, Zio's, and Spaghetti Warehouse. Bricktown needs a really classy Chinese or Japanese restaurant, something like Shogun would be a lot of fun.

Patrick
07-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Yeah, Bricktown is definitely missing a Chinese restaurant! Taste Of China was down there for awhile and closed. But, I'm thinking we need something a little more upscale than a Chinese super buffet down there. I'm not surprised Taste of China didn't make it. Something more in line with PF Chang's would've been nice....too bad they turned Bricktown down.

HOT ROD
07-30-2004, 12:17 AM
I think this restaurant would be great for Bricktown. Check it out.

Todai Japanese Seafood Restaurant. http://www.todai.com/

Has hot japanese dishes, Noodle bar, and crepe bar on one side and cold sushi, sashimi, crab legs/peel shrimp and japanese style salads on the other in an upscale buffet setting!

I think it would be a great addition to OKC's culinary amenities and would do fine with the cosmopolitan downtown crowd!

mranderson
07-31-2004, 09:53 AM
I really have no reason to travle downtown much, however, when in another state, I ate occasionally at Spaghetti Warehouse. Really good food.

Patrick
08-03-2004, 01:42 AM
Hey Hot Rod, Tadai looks like it would be a very unique fit for Bricktown! Sounds like quite a dining experience. I think I'll contact them and let them know about Randy hogan's development in Bricktown and tell them we need an upscale Asian restaurant downtown!!!

Keith
08-03-2004, 06:55 AM
My favorite place has to be Chelino's, although Zio's is a good place to eat. Each time Patrick and I have gone to Chelino's, we have always had fast, friendly service.

Patrick
08-03-2004, 05:14 PM
10-4 Keith! As far as Mexican goes, I definitely have to give Chelinos a thumbs up! It's probably my second favorite Mexican restaurant in the city, second only to Teds!!! You know, I was thinking.....I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in Bricktown, nor have I have gotten sick from anything I've eaten from a Bricktown restaurant! Bricktown restaurants rock!

mranderson
08-03-2004, 05:22 PM
I wonder if Steak n' Shake would be a good fit. Food is really good.

Patrick
08-03-2004, 05:56 PM
I'll have to check out the new one up in Edmond. You know if it's open yet?

mranderson
08-03-2004, 06:12 PM
I think construction just started or is about to start so it will be later this year or early next year before it opens.

They are famous for a steak burger that is nearly a full pound of meat and very low fat. Ground sirloin. Fairly high in price, but worth the money.

I ate in one in Clearwater, Florida in 2000, and liked it. Not fast food, just the image.

Patrick
08-03-2004, 06:26 PM
I'll definitely check it out once it opens! Might be a great fit for Bricktown.....something different than the typical restaurant.