View Full Version : For the penny pinchers...

raw98682
05-26-2008, 12:48 PM
What does everyone do to cut costs around here? Where are some amazing deals around the city? (ie: Cimmeron's $6.99 steak & Angel Food)

Karried
05-26-2008, 01:22 PM
You'll find a lot of good tips here:

http://www.okctalk.com/money-matters/5571-favorite-money-saving-tip.html

raw98682
05-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah... I looked into that already. Not really what I'm looking for. I'm looking for hole in the walls, great, cheap places to check out, etc.

BradR
05-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I get a large Papa John's pizza every monday for $5.99

that's a bargain to me!

ewoodard
05-27-2008, 08:05 AM
If you're ever in the Del City area then check out Madison's Kitchen on 15th street and I-40. They have a great breakfast menu, and the rest of the menu is pretty good too. The #2 breakfast with coffee is usually $5. My wife and I ate there Sunday and the ticket was like $13 with juice and milk for her. The waitresses are always friendly, and the food is always good.

metro
05-27-2008, 10:54 AM
You could be a "Dollar Menuaire" and order off the .99 cent menu at McDonalds.

Redskin 70
05-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Try JT's barbeque on Sunnylane just north of the interstate. Little hole in the wall and great amount of food for the price.

FFLady
05-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Speaking of pinching pennies::

1. On SATURDAY, MAY 31st, admission into FRONTIER CITY is $.50 from
opening UNTIL NOON in celebration of their 50th Anniversary. KC and the
Sunshine Band will in concert for the same $.50. Also, the first 50
people get free parking. Be sure to tell everyone you know.

2. If you have a military ID or a DoD ID, you can get in every Monday
until the beginning of September for $.50 and you can have up to 4
people in your party ($2.00 total).

AFCM
05-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Speaking of pinching pennies::
2. If you have a military ID or a DoD ID, you can get in every Monday
until the beginning of September for $.50 and you can have up to 4
people in your party ($2.00 total).

I was going to mention that on another thread regarding an inexpensive outing for the family, but I was trying to find out if only the ID holder gets in at that price or the just the ID holder and family/friends. Thanks for answering my question before I even asked.

BailJumper
06-29-2008, 06:41 AM
Visa's $10 off $25+ purchase at Lowe's.

Do you have any home projects, plant buying etc. to do today (Sunday)? If it involves going to Lowe's, then the first place you need to stop is Visa's website at Life Takes Visa (http://www.lifetakesvisa.com/) and click on "Deal Finder." Under Lowe's there is a coupon available to anyone who pays with a Visa card (includes Visa Debit).

I'm going today to get more plants! I have multiple email addresses so I signed up 4 times. Only one coupon per checkout, but I don't mind checking out 4x to get $40 off.

OFFER GOOD THROUGH JULY.

Enjoy!

Karried
06-29-2008, 03:24 PM
uggggghhhhhhhh! I just got back from a plant shopping trip at Home Depot! Crud.

oh well, I'll definitely print it out for another trip. thanks for the tip.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Visa's $10 off $25+ purchase at Lowe's.

Do you have any home projects, plant buying etc. to do today (Sunday)? If it involves going to Lowe's, then the first place you need to stop is Visa's website at Life Takes Visa (http://www.lifetakesvisa.com/) and click on "Deal Finder." Under Lowe's there is a coupon available to anyone who pays with a Visa card (includes Visa Debit).

I'm going today to get more plants! I have multiple email addresses so I signed up 4 times. Only one coupon per checkout, but I don't mind checking out 4x to get $40 off.

OFFER GOOD THROUGH JULY.

Enjoy!

Awesome!

Sears did a deal like this a few months ago...Put a coupon in a dusty corner of their website that gave $5 off any tool/lawn/garden purchase. The only disclaimer on the thing was "one per customer, per purchase". So I walked up to the counter with about 20 of the coupons printed off and 20 items that were all around $6 each. I had to stand there and do 20 transactions, one at a time...But I wound up with $100 set of sockets for about 80% off what they'd have been if I purchased the set because I bought them separately. I got a couple of other items too. And I HATE using coupons.

I need another tree right now...So thanks for the heads up BailJumper!

Karried
06-30-2008, 01:08 PM
I couldn't get to it from Life Takes Visa ( I think they have new promotions today) so I searched and found this:

Lowes Coupons, Lowes Home Improvement - DealCatcher (http://www.dealcatcher.com/lowes-coupons)

oklahomajewel
07-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Yahoo groups have some FREECYCLE groups.... where you post and read what others have to give away .... or what they are looking for .... you know, one mans trash is another ...

Sometimes it's junk... sometimes it's like left over tile or carpet remnant or cleaned out garden bulbs ...

Habitat for Humanity has a Renovation Station , kinda like a thrift store for hardware.

Skyline restaurant is very affordable, great service CASH ONLY ....

I'm looking at the bus schedule to work to save some gas $$

BailJumper
07-24-2008, 05:03 AM
I couldn't get to it from Life Takes Visa

I just checked, it's still there. LifeTakesVisa - then click on "deal finder" and scroll down on the right side to Lowe's. Lots of other great deals from other retailers too!

Karried
07-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Yes, you're right, I found it after all .. thanks!

sweetdaisy
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Bailjumper, thanks so much for your original post about the Lowe's coupon! I printed out several and used them over 4th of July weekend (while the paint had the $5 rebate) and was able to get a few cans of paint for ~$10 each (after the discounts). It was great!

cyn213
08-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Pioneer Pies has 2 daily breakfast specials. Both are less than $4 each. One is plate sized pancakes, 1 egg cooked the way you want, sausage and texas toast. The other is hashbrowns, 1 egg cooked the way you want, bacon and biscuits/gravy.

They also have a breakfast club. For each breakfast you buy, they punch a card. I think after 8 punches you get a free breakfast. The breakfast specials count towards a punch and the free breakfast can be whatever is on their menu.