View Full Version : So Where Did You Meet Your Significant Other?

dismayed
05-25-2008, 10:35 AM
I thought this would be an interesting thread. So tell us where you met your husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/etc. I'm always curious where people meet that special someone. Was it at the bar, while standing in the checkout line, through a friend, or somewhere else?

bandnerd
05-25-2008, 10:49 AM
In college. We met through one of his fraternity brothers who I had an English class with. It was a chance meeting. It took awhile before we started dating, though. I was just a freshman then!

betts
05-25-2008, 11:23 AM
My husband was teaching a class at the Denver Free University. He had just moved back there, as had I. He taught the class, and I took it, because we were both looking to expand our small group of friends in the city.

Blangdon
05-25-2008, 12:51 PM
I was a groomsman and she was at bridesmaid at my best friend's wedding...cliche I know but true nonetheless. We went on a date before the wedding and then were inseparable afterward.

kevinpate
05-25-2008, 01:04 PM
we were like a tennis ball and a net over the years, often on the same court, but with very different roles. fortunately, there isx a lot to be said for the concept of double faults. :)

Karried
05-25-2008, 03:02 PM
I was headed to the beach with my cousin, learned it was fogged in and decided to stop at the first time at a lake along the way to Santa Cruz.. Lexington Lake.

My now husband saw us walking down the hill and called us over... we chatted a bit, he jumped in the water, came up ..with long wet eyelashes, gorgeous eyes.... that was it, I was smitten - he would be mine.. hee,hee.

I forgot my sunglasses and he walked all the way up this rocky 'cliff' to get me some out of his car.. I thought that was so nice.

This August, we celebrate our 20 Year Anniversary.

Wow, that went by so fast.

PennyQuilts
05-25-2008, 06:16 PM
A mutual friend tried to fix us up, for years. I wasn't having any part of it. I wouldn't even meet him.

I used to see a gorgeous dog out in the yard and passed by her on the way to work, for years. I thought she was so beautiful, I even named my fantasy football league "Big White Fluffy Fat Dogs" in her honor. I'd see the owner out in the yard wearing a goofy lawn hat, hawaiian shirt, pale skin, red hair and skinny legs. Oh my gooness. One day, I mentioned to the mutual friend the dog and how beautiful and distinctive she was (big, fluffy and white). He smiled. He asked the dog's address. I told him. He grinned.

"I know that dog."

When my husband and I got married, the dog was part of the wedding party. I always told her that she got me a good husband. I guess it was just meant to be. We lost her last Christmas - what a good old girl she was.

redcup
05-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Met my DH at the Schnappskeller (not sure of spelling) that was in the basement of the an apt. high rise near the Steak and Ale off NW Exp. and May. I had met him in college briefly prior to that. He proposed to me there on New Year's night while we were dancing. We married 9 months later and have been married almost 31 years.

BradR
05-26-2008, 09:07 PM
college, we had almost EVERY class together for 3 years and were friends all through that before we started dating after I finished college.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Duh...INTERNETS!

sgt. pepper
05-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Church.....20 years ago.

dismayed
05-27-2008, 09:34 PM
That's a great story East Coast.

CCOKC
05-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Looks like I'm the only one so far to meet my husband at work. Now we work together almost every day. I have to say that I enjoy working with my spouse although during busy season this year we had to make a date for every Friday night just to have a conversation. Public accounting is a bitch from mid January to mid April.

derbynurse
06-05-2008, 03:49 PM
on Nismokc.com, actually! It's a group of Nissan enthusiasts (mostly the 240sx model, though) who meet up once a month and otherwise just chat and share car info online. I had some problems with my Nissan back in September 2004 and he asked me how it was running a few weeks after I got it fixed. We hit it off from there and got married this past September (2007)! :)

mcbee04
06-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey derbynurse, I've heard that story before. =) Your wedding was beautiful. -Roxi

I met mine on myspace (sometimes I lie about it) during my freshmen year of college at Northwestern. It was about 4 months after the site had launched and there were very few other people from Oklahoma on. He said, "hey, I've been to your town to hunt. It's pretty boring" (maybe why I was online so much) and we went from there. We got married this March after 3 years of face-to-face dating.

jsibelius
06-08-2008, 09:11 PM
This sounds like such a cliché, but church for me too. I met the first one in my college band. Band nerds usually make good couples, but not in my case. So we split, and I met the current one at church. We've been together far longer, so I guess church isn't a bad idea, cliché or no.

missLicia
06-09-2008, 12:23 AM
On the internet, playing Yahoo pool. He was in England and I was in Oklahoma. When we finally met in person, I knew he was the one (cheesy, I know!!). Finally, we got all of our paperwork approved, and he moved here to be with me. We just got married in December...the wait was bad, but he's worth it!!

MestaParkMan
06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
At work. I was eventually fired and I hated the job but I met my other half there so it was not all bad.

ApplePearBerry
01-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Online.

ronniruthie
01-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Ever hear of "fate". I was from Bethany...he was from Midwest City....and we met in Zejuatineo (sp) Mexico. He took my phone # and 3 days after we both returned from Mexico was July 4th. I was crossing the street into Bricktown from the Cox Center and "boom" he was sitting at the stoplight so that I crossed directly in front of him. Only about 10,000 people down there that night. That was 15 years ago, and we are still together.

Windshieldsplatter
01-19-2009, 02:18 PM
I met my wife in bed one morning after a night at a White Zombie concert.

Insider
01-19-2009, 03:37 PM
I met my wife at work. I was her manager...

After secretly dating for a few months, she quit so we could openly date. That was almost 5 years ago!

PennyQuilts
01-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Ruthie - sure sounds like fate, to me!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-20-2009, 12:57 AM
I met my wife in bed one morning after a night at a White Zombie concert.

OMG...LIVING DEAD GIRL....RUUUUUUUUN! Get to the choppa!

DaveSkater
02-01-2009, 12:21 AM
I met my first one at the VanHalen 1984 concert, of the same year.
I met my second one at a club downtown in bricktown.
Neither were worth keeping, so I didn't. LOL

Dave Cook
02-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Shaadi.com.

Best place on the net to meet intelligent, educated, multi-cultural and virgin like East Indian women.

That's what the brochure said anyway.

fourthworldtraffic
02-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Monday, September 22, 2008
Response to: The Scourge of Youth

For as long as I can recall I've wanted to have super powers. I remember laying on a friends couch upside down, my feet against the wall, my hair intermingling somewhere among the carpet fibers and the mess of animal fur and crumbs of Dorito chip dust decorating it, staring at the pristine ceiling. I imagined flipping the house upside down so that the celing was the floor and the floor the ceiling, the furniture, debris and evidence of a lived in enviorment hovering above me like one of those super glue commercials. I imagined walking around the erect light fixtures, stepping over the frame of doors. I fantasized about how clean it would be, how pristine, how perfect and untouched. This fantasy was in my mind for weeks, I would develope massize head rushes and flushed cheeks as I lay upside down contemplating and bartering with the Gods. "I only want one thing, " I would pray, "one wish..."

Now of course, as an adult, this want seems ridicules. If I could have one superpower it would not be for my house to be as clean and barren as the ceiling of my home. And though my upside down visions can be connected to my love of Alice in Wonderland, a book I still love, and are something to look upon with affection, a memory I can pat on the head and adore, a small facet of my child mind that I am proud to have possed, I would almost certinally rebuke it and disregard it. I no longer want to be a ballerina, I no longer think that life in my 20's consists of a loft apartment, white sheets and the sort of man you see in picture accompanied with the "What is he thinking when he see's you naked" expose of Cosmopolitan magazine, and if given the choice I would no longer choose walking on the ceiling as the one mountian I will never summit.

I do still want super powers though and I think about it obsessivly, in moments of commuter boredom when I've thoughtlessly forgotten to bring a book, or music or an apple on the subway, as I trick myself into sleep, or as a friend relays a dream or a story I have heard before. The only difference is that now instead of something odd and fairytale like I would wish for anonymity and foresight. In laymen's terms, I would love to be able to be invisable or to be able to freeze time. Not to do anything noble, mind you, but to spy on people.

When I first started thinking about this Myspace and Facebook did not exist, nor did the internet, in the mass form it is now. In order to get to know somebody or get the dish on so and so and such and such and the what have yous of people you are dating, or hate, or crush upon, or slept with on a night that you couldn't pick out of a line up of one you would have to talk to other people. Talk, question, pry, relate, gain trust, reciprocate, listen, retain, obsorb, process and then inevitably analyze and reanalyze and hypothesize and eventually come up with a conclusion that is as fictitious as anything you could have thought of sitting alone in your room and throwing darts randomly at a board of results.

"Um, so you knew the guy I'm seeing, Mr. Blank's ex-girlfriend? Um, Like, not that I care but, was she pretty, was she clever, did she go to college, where did she work, why did they break up?"

"Oh, yeah well she was ok, but she had a huge butt and really bad acne on her forehead and I heard that she once gave a handjob to that one gross guy who works at that stupid bar who's like 40 because she was so drunk. I think she's a bartender, or maybe she's just in school, or um....a lawyer, i heard she was a secretary to a litigator or something, she's lame. I think she just went to community college cause I used to see her with an English 101 text book. Oh my god! You are so much better than her, they broke up because she wouldn't sleep with him. My friend Joe knows her, ask Joe."

Of course I don't ask Joe. In my mind I picture her as a fat alcoholic slut with acne who may or may not have a decent job, she's dim-witted and her ****** is filled with cobwebs. And because I fancy myself a thin alcoholic slut who may or may not have a decent job, I figure I have the upper hand. I close the book on obsession and move on.

Enter Myspace, Facebook. Both outlets, or inlets rather, which instead of allowing you to regard or to disregard people you wish to stalk as hobbit beasts with third eyes and erectile disfuctions, give you instead a profile of who they are, equipped with testimonials from people who love them, pictures of how not unattractive they are and reasons why if circumstances were different you would probably like them. Which propels a forced and very flippiant, uncouth form of judgment.

"Oh what a loser she loves Bob Dylan too, ****, she probably just started listening to him and the only album is blond on blond. What? Her favorite book is Razor's Edge, she's probably never even read it, dumbass. Dammit we have the same birthday? Whatever, she was probably adopted and doesn't even know what her real date of birth is. Ohhhh, look at me, I like trees and nature and animals. **** nature. "

You can no longer let yourself, saftly and without harm to other, judge other people in safe confinements of your own head in order to make yourselves feel better. But wait, that's wrong, You now have the perfect platform to do so. But which is worse?

With these social "networking sites" there is no mystery, there is no room for contemplation, for the imagination to run in scurried half circles; there is no platform to return to after your obsessive mind tells you it needs to rest. A platform in which it is ok to say, I'm crazy, he doesn't have a girlfrind, I'm being unrealistic, he doesn't really like Friends above all other sitcoms. I'm just being unrealistic, my best friend did not come visit my city and neglect to call me.

Oh no, you have it all spelled out for you, you can see the "I love you madly, thanks for making me breakfast." comments from someone you just started dating, dated two days before you met, you can see that someone who claimed he was 29 is really 18. That because of a "thanks for coming to my show!" comment dated from yesterday, your friend who blew you off wasn't really sick with the flu. You can read with horror that they guy you slept with and though you liked has a youtube video from Creed on his profile. You can note someone's misspellings, their bad jokes, the girl with the artificial double DD boobs named "Sexy Time 4 you" on his top 5 friends. And the fact that his profile song is by George Michael.

If MySpace was lying in the produce aisle of your local grocery store, it would not be labled organic because everything about it is fast, easy, cheap, commercial and doused in the pesticides of the mind.

Our imaginations are beautiful, somewhat detrimental, yet always organic sources of your opinions and feelings. Usually wrong, occassionally and surprisingly spot on. but essentially the main structure that we walk upon to go through this thing we call life, learn from mistakes, and grow, not up but sideways, or in circles, or in straight lines that may choose to sometimes bend, but ultimately our own and original. So is it harmful to have easy access to the views and opinions of others? Will it hinder our growth, the people we associate with, the choices we make, if we can read a book on each person we meet and choose whether or not we want to meet the actual product of said book? Is it better to blindly connect with people based on the feeling we get when looking into their eyes? Or are we saving time and a lot of banal moments when we don't call someone back because they're MySpace headline is "I got a snake in my pants and it's full of venom."

As things become more and more accessible, as the world becomes larger and larger if only from in front of the glow of our computer screens, as we are able to process more and more and more information every day because of what is available and almost unavoidable via technology, when do we stop? How much do we need? And what's so wrong about just supposing, or *gasp* even talking to one another, even if we don't get instantaneous gratification and are occasionally, mostly, wrong?

If you rubbed a magic lamp today and an overweight Arab man, with handcuffs on and weird prision tattoos asked you what you would wish for, Would you ask for a never ending supply of money? Would you ask to have sex with Cindy Crawford? Would you ask to flip your home over and walk on the celing? Or would you ask to go back into time, when things were a little less easy, a little more vague, a little less accessible? A time when you had to sit and think instead of press enter. A time when we actually got to know people beyond their general interests.

Don't worry if it's not the latter, I would still wish to freeze time, if only 'cause I want to steal, and pants people.
Posted by MEBEE at 6:26 PM 0 comments

USG '60
02-01-2009, 07:45 PM
What thread do you think you're on?:confused:

danielf1935
02-02-2009, 05:27 AM
Someone is a can short of a six pack!!!!

GWB
02-02-2009, 05:59 AM

For as long as I can recall I've wanted to have super powers. I remember laying on a friends couch upside down, my feet against the wall, my hair intermingling somewhere among the carpet fibers and the mess of animal fur and crumbs of Dorito chip dust decorating it, staring at the pristine ceiling. I imagined flipping the house upside down so that the celing was the floor and the floor the ceiling, the furniture, debris and evidence of a lived in enviorment hovering above me like one of those super glue commercials. I imagined walking around the erect light fixtures, stepping over the frame of doors. I fantasized about how clean it would be, how pristine, how perfect and untouched. This fantasy was in my mind for weeks, I would develope massize head rushes and flushed cheeks as I lay upside down contemplating and bartering with the Gods. "I only want one thing, " I would pray, "one wish..."

Now of course, as an adult, this want seems ridicules. If I could have one superpower it would not be for my house to be as clean and barren as the ceiling of my home. And though my upside down visions can be connected to my love of Alice in Wonderland, a book I still love, and are something to look upon with affection, a memory I can pat on the head and adore, a small facet of my child mind that I am proud to have possed, I would almost certinally rebuke it and disregard it. I no longer want to be a ballerina, I no longer think that life in my 20's consists of a loft apartment, white sheets and the sort of man you see in picture accompanied with the "What is he thinking when he see's you naked" expose of Cosmopolitan magazine, and if given the choice I would no longer choose walking on the ceiling as the one mountian I will never summit.

I do still want super powers though and I think about it obsessivly, in moments of commuter boredom when I've thoughtlessly forgotten to bring a book, or music or an apple on the subway, as I trick myself into sleep, or as a friend relays a dream or a story I have heard before. The only difference is that now instead of something odd and fairytale like I would wish for anonymity and foresight. In laymen's terms, I would love to be able to be invisable or to be able to freeze time. Not to do anything noble, mind you, but to spy on people.

When I first started thinking about this Myspace and Facebook did not exist, nor did the internet, in the mass form it is now. In order to get to know somebody or get the dish on so and so and such and such and the what have yous of people you are dating, or hate, or crush upon, or slept with on a night that you couldn't pick out of a line up of one you would have to talk to other people. Talk, question, pry, relate, gain trust, reciprocate, listen, retain, obsorb, process and then inevitably analyze and reanalyze and hypothesize and eventually come up with a conclusion that is as fictitious as anything you could have thought of sitting alone in your room and throwing darts randomly at a board of results.

"Um, so you knew the guy I'm seeing, Mr. Blank's ex-girlfriend? Um, Like, not that I care but, was she pretty, was she clever, did she go to college, where did she work, why did they break up?"

"Oh, yeah well she was ok, but she had a huge butt and really bad acne on her forehead and I heard that she once gave a handjob to that one gross guy who works at that stupid bar who's like 40 because she was so drunk. I think she's a bartender, or maybe she's just in school, or um....a lawyer, i heard she was a secretary to a litigator or something, she's lame. I think she just went to community college cause I used to see her with an English 101 text book. Oh my god! You are so much better than her, they broke up because she wouldn't sleep with him. My friend Joe knows her, ask Joe."

Of course I don't ask Joe. In my mind I picture her as a fat alcoholic slut with acne who may or may not have a decent job, she's dim-witted and her ****** is filled with cobwebs. And because I fancy myself a thin alcoholic slut who may or may not have a decent job, I figure I have the upper hand. I close the book on obsession and move on.

Enter Myspace, Facebook. Both outlets, or inlets rather, which instead of allowing you to regard or to disregard people you wish to stalk as hobbit beasts with third eyes and erectile disfuctions, give you instead a profile of who they are, equipped with testimonials from people who love them, pictures of how not unattractive they are and reasons why if circumstances were different you would probably like them. Which propels a forced and very flippiant, uncouth form of judgment.

"Oh what a loser she loves Bob Dylan too, ****, she probably just started listening to him and the only album is blond on blond. What? Her favorite book is Razor's Edge, she's probably never even read it, dumbass. Dammit we have the same birthday? Whatever, she was probably adopted and doesn't even know what her real date of birth is. Ohhhh, look at me, I like trees and nature and animals. **** nature. "

You can no longer let yourself, saftly and without harm to other, judge other people in safe confinements of your own head in order to make yourselves feel better. But wait, that's wrong, You now have the perfect platform to do so. But which is worse?

With these social "networking sites" there is no mystery, there is no room for contemplation, for the imagination to run in scurried half circles; there is no platform to return to after your obsessive mind tells you it needs to rest. A platform in which it is ok to say, I'm crazy, he doesn't have a girlfrind, I'm being unrealistic, he doesn't really like Friends above all other sitcoms. I'm just being unrealistic, my best friend did not come visit my city and neglect to call me.

Oh no, you have it all spelled out for you, you can see the "I love you madly, thanks for making me breakfast." comments from someone you just started dating, dated two days before you met, you can see that someone who claimed he was 29 is really 18. That because of a "thanks for coming to my show!" comment dated from yesterday, your friend who blew you off wasn't really sick with the flu. You can read with horror that they guy you slept with and though you liked has a youtube video from Creed on his profile. You can note someone's misspellings, their bad jokes, the girl with the artificial double DD boobs named "Sexy Time 4 you" on his top 5 friends. And the fact that his profile song is by George Michael.

If MySpace was lying in the produce aisle of your local grocery store, it would not be labled organic because everything about it is fast, easy, cheap, commercial and doused in the pesticides of the mind.

Our imaginations are beautiful, somewhat detrimental, yet always organic sources of your opinions and feelings. Usually wrong, occassionally and surprisingly spot on. but essentially the main structure that we walk upon to go through this thing we call life, learn from mistakes, and grow, not up but sideways, or in circles, or in straight lines that may choose to sometimes bend, but ultimately our own and original. So is it harmful to have easy access to the views and opinions of others? Will it hinder our growth, the people we associate with, the choices we make, if we can read a book on each person we meet and choose whether or not we want to meet the actual product of said book? Is it better to blindly connect with people based on the feeling we get when looking into their eyes? Or are we saving time and a lot of banal moments when we don't call someone back because they're MySpace headline is "I got a snake in my pants and it's full of venom."

As things become more and more accessible, as the world becomes larger and larger if only from in front of the glow of our computer screens, as we are able to process more and more and more information every day because of what is available and almost unavoidable via technology, when do we stop? How much do we need? And what's so wrong about just supposing, or *gasp* even talking to one another, even if we don't get instantaneous gratification and are occasionally, mostly, wrong?

If you rubbed a magic lamp today and an overweight Arab man, with handcuffs on and weird prision tattoos asked you what you would wish for, Would you ask for a never ending supply of money? Would you ask to have sex with Cindy Crawford? Would you ask to flip your home over and walk on the celing? Or would you ask to go back into time, when things were a little less easy, a little more vague, a little less accessible? A time when you had to sit and think instead of press enter. A time when we actually got to know people beyond their general interests.

Don't worry if it's not the latter, I would still wish to freeze time, if only 'cause I want to steal, and pants people.

Weird. :dizzy:

DaveSkater
02-02-2009, 10:08 AM
uhhh...... ok. Thanks for sharing that disjointed bunch of mess with us.

mcgrawsdad
02-05-2009, 11:16 PM
My wife and I met on Eharmony. It really works.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-06-2009, 12:15 AM
My wife and I met on Eharmony. It really works.

Not if you put down that you're not very religious :sofa:

danielf1935
02-06-2009, 08:12 AM
I met my first wife in "Hell", I mean High School, lasted 10 years, was the best 2 years of my life. I've been married twice, divorced twice and not looking for number 3. The only thing I have to answer to now is my Great Dane's.

DaveSkater
02-06-2009, 08:14 AM
LOL, To quote the famous comedian(Dangerfield?):
"I think I'll just find a woman I can't stand and buy her a house!"

TaoMaas
02-06-2009, 08:18 AM
I can remember exactly when I saw my wife for the first time. We were both with our families in the local mall and our heads swiveled around to get a look at each other. She was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. That was almost 40 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Zoedith
02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
OKCtalk back in 2005. I asked him to the booksell at the fairgrounds for our first date. Now I am pregnant with our second child.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-07-2009, 12:16 AM
OKCtalk back in 2005. I asked him to the booksell at the fairgrounds for our first date. Now I am pregnant with our second child.

That's awesome!

Zoedith
02-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks, we think so too. Hoping for a girl this time.

Dave Cook
02-09-2009, 04:06 PM
It's amazing someone could take a girl to the State Fairgrounds on a first date and still get married!

Congratulations! :Smiley199

Midtowner
02-12-2009, 02:57 PM

James Joyce, is that you?

Marc1974
02-18-2009, 09:02 PM
met my first wife in high school, my second in Detroit. The love of my life was dropped in my lap by Hurricane Katrina, so to speak.

ApplePearBerry
06-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Ever hear of "fate". I was from Bethany...he was from Midwest City....and we met in Zejuatineo (sp) Mexico. He took my phone # and 3 days after we both returned from Mexico was July 4th. I was crossing the street into Bricktown from the Cox Center and "boom" he was sitting at the stoplight so that I crossed directly in front of him. Only about 10,000 people down there that night. That was 15 years ago, and we are still together.

Oooh. Kismet. That is totally fate.

so1rfan
06-15-2009, 07:07 AM
I was thirteen, she was my algebra teacher. She went to prison, I went to high school. She got out on parole, we got caught in a car. She went back to prison, I raised the baby. She got out, I am now legal age and we got married.

Oh wait, that's so one else's story. Nevermind.

I met mine through work.

TOWNHERO
06-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Met my wife while I was working at a Humpty Supermarket on N.W. 23 and Portland. This was the summer of 1969. Our first date, I took her to Okla City Raceway to watch the drag races. She was going to be a Junior at Northwest Classen. I was going to be a senior at Capital Hill. We dated and got married in Oct 1972. 26 years and 3 children later. She passed in Oct of 1997. I'm still widowed, haven't ever gotten remarried. My 2girls were very young when their mother passed away, so I spent most of the time taking care of them. Now both are in school, the oldest is married and I found out that she's going to give me my first grand child. My youngest will be a senior at Okla City U next year.

DaveSkater
06-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Congrats Townhero on your impending Grampa status! And also in raising what sound like very well adjusted children by yourself. I am currently raising my two alone, and it's a lot of work.

I met my first wife at a VanHalen concert in 1984. She ran off with a doctor.
I met my second wife at a bar. I ran her off in 2001.

TOWNHERO
06-16-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks DaveSkater. Yes, raising kids is a lot of work. Young kids are diffently for young adults. I couldn't and wouldn't want to start over. Having a grand child is different, I guess.
I've actually gave up on women a long time ago. I've been single so long now, that I don't think there would be anyone that would have me, or me have them!!!

DaveSkater
06-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Ain't that right! I'm kinda the same mindset. I've got a nice clean house, and live within my means. Been single for a long time myself, and actually other than the lack of constant available sex, I don't miss the married life a bit!

I'm not sure I could handle having someone else up in my business anyway. It'd take a very special woman, that's for sure.....VERY special. And if she were that special, she probably wouldn't have anything to do with me. Hah!

TOWNHERO
06-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Ain't that right! I'm kinda the same mindset. I've got a nice clean house, and live within my means. Been single for a long time myself, and actually other than the lack of constant available sex, I don't miss the married life a bit!

I'm not sure I could handle having someone else up in my business anyway. It'd take a very special woman, that's for sure.....VERY special. And if she were that special, she probably wouldn't have anything to do with me. Hah!

I agree about that special woman. I really don't think I could find another one like her that would put up with me. See, out of those 26 years we were married, I spent 16 of those in the Marines. She put up with me being deployed on many occasions and never being home. Moving a lot etc.... Plus all the other crazy things I did. And like you, if she was that special she sure wouldn't have anything to do with me!

I'm content with where I am at in my life. I have 2 to 5 years and I can retire from my current job. Only thing sometimes I do get lonely and having someone to share things with. But this is the life I've cloosen.

Stan Silliman
06-16-2009, 04:50 PM
I went to the 10th Inning in OKC to meet my friend and former OCU ballplayer Gary King and my future wife - The O - was his pool partner, playing pool on her birthday. Since my birthday was the next day and we met close to midnight we like to say our meeting straddled our birthdays.

Still going after 41 years.

jsibelius
06-20-2009, 10:11 PM
I was thirteen, she was my algebra teacher. She went to prison, I went to high school. She got out on parole, we got caught in a car. She went back to prison, I raised the baby. She got out, I am now legal age and we got married.

Oh wait, that's so one else's story. Nevermind.

I met mine through work.

OMG ROFL Best story ever!