View Full Version : Indy 4...

mmonroe
05-22-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm disappointed. We went to see the 12:01 screening and I have to say, I honestly didn't see it coming. I didn't like the way it ended at all.

Has anyone else seen it yet?

Martin
05-22-2008, 05:32 AM
hope you don't mind, mmonroe, but i obscured part of your post... some folks might consider that a spoiler.

i won't see indy4 till this afternoon, so we'll see! -M

mmonroe
05-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Ok, I tried to be obscure, sorry.

I just didn't like any of it.

ssandedoc
05-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I liked it only because it was Indiana Jones. But it was definitely different from the other 3. They really should of just left the series alone. I feel like Spielberg and Lucas have come full circle with the alien theme.

Martin
05-22-2008, 06:12 PM
saw indy4 this afternoon... i've gotta agree... i think it's the weakest of the four films. it was well done... great action, great drama, good acting... i just couldn't get past the central theme.

mmonroe... after seeing the movie, what you wrote really wasn't a spoiler at all... from some of the rumors i've heard, i first thought that what you wrote hinted at those... but that wasn't the case at all... sorry about that. i've seen people get flamed over revealing too much about a movie and just wanted to spare you that.

-M

mmonroe
05-22-2008, 06:17 PM
I feel ya. I also agree with ssandedoc

soonerfever
05-22-2008, 10:30 PM
I just got back from seeing it at Warren. First off that theatre is amazing. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. As far as the movie goes, it was a little different. I am a huge Indy buff and I did enjoy it. The movie could have been crap and I would have probably liked it. I remember reading where George Lucas had a script ready for years, but that Ford and Spielberg wouldn't sign on because it was too farfetched. Of course it was about extra terrestrials. I guess this was the compromise. I thought it was a good movie all around. It was nice to see Harrison Ford back on the big screen. It was also really nice to go see a good clean movie: no sex, cursing was minimal and the violence wasn’t too graphic.

mmonroe
05-22-2008, 11:27 PM
I honestly walked out and said [spoiler] Aliens? F*$#*$ ALIENS??? [\spoiler]

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-22-2008, 11:37 PM
I just got back from seeing it at Warren. First off that theatre is amazing. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. As far as the movie goes, it was a little different. I am a huge Indy buff and I did enjoy it. The movie could have been crap and I would have probably liked it. I remember reading where George Lucas had a script ready for years, but that Ford and Spielberg wouldn't sign on because it was too farfetched. Of course it was about extra terrestrials. I guess this was the compromise. I thought it was a good movie all around. It was nice to see Harrison Ford back on the big screen. It was also really nice to go see a good clean movie: no sex, cursing was minimal and the violence wasn’t too graphic.

I agree about Warren. I went there and sat in the balcony for Leatherheads. Completely forgettable movie, but GREAT theater.

mmonroe
05-23-2008, 01:33 PM
I love the balcony at Warren, heated seats.. that's where it's at.

During the last 7 minutes at Harkins, the movie cut out and the lights came on, we had to wait 15 minutes for them to get it back up and running, and at 2am, there were a lot of pissed off people. I made the statement "I guess that's what I get for not going to Warren".

MadMonk
05-23-2008, 01:40 PM
I saw it this afternoon. I pretty-much liked it, but I agree the story is a little over-the-top. Wonderful effects and solid acting. All in all, it's a fun flick.

bandnerd
05-23-2008, 02:25 PM
To the person who walked out because it was aliens and that seemed so far-fetched...

Did it not seem any less far-fetched that in the last movie they found the holy grail, and that the holy water there could cure the dying father?

Or in Temple, when the whole Kali-Ma thing was going on and they ripped the still-beating hearts out of people's chests, was that not unbelievable?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Or in Temple, when the whole Kali-Ma thing was going on and they ripped the still-beating hearts out of people's chests, was that not unbelievable?

You mean THAT WASN'T REAL?

:(

FritterGirl
05-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Bandnerd,

For those of who might not have heard the big reveal, and still want to see the film, can you please cover up the spoiler word in your post as others have done? Just color it white and put "spoiler alert" around it.

The National Geographic channel has been running a series of documentaries about the Crystal Skulls, which actually exist. Archeologists and experts in the field have been clamoring to find them because of their connection to the Mayan calendar and the fact that the calendar ends in 2012, which some prophesize to mean the end of the world (as we know it). Some believe there is actually a connection to, well, what is brought out in the film.

So, in essence, what may seem far-fetched is based in, well, reality. They don't always make this stuff up, and as my screenwriting friends like to say, the truth is sometimes indeed stranger than fiction.

And to quote my favorite Agent of all: The Truth is Out There! :smile:

Richard at Remax
05-23-2008, 02:41 PM
I started a thread in the arts/film/music section that you can talk about it without your post being edited

Martin
05-23-2008, 02:49 PM
or in temple, when the whole kali-ma thing was going on and they ripped the still-beating hearts out of people's chests, was that not unbelievable?

unbelievable? we call those department meetings.

i enjoyed watching the movie... but to me, it didn't stack up to the others. while this movie's theme wasn't any more unbelievable than the others, it wasn't in the same realm as the other three. the first three movies are within the context of supernatural forces, this one deals with space aliens...therefore, to me, it just doesn't seem to jive with the rest of the series, imo.

one part did bug the crap out of me... indy surviving ground zero of a nuclear blast by hiding in a lead-lined fridge. puh-lease.

not to be totally negative, there were alot of things the movie had going for it... i especially liked all the nods to the previous films.

-M

mcbee04
05-23-2008, 03:14 PM
I honestly walked out and said [spoiler] Aliens? F*$#*$ ALIENS??? [\spoiler]

Were you the guy who stood up and said that as everyone was exiting?

I was entertained, but felt that it relied too heavily on CGI and wasn't on par for what I expected in an Indiana Jones film.

bandnerd
05-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Sorry, didn't realize that in a thread where we are supposed to talk about the current movie that we weren't supposed to talk about the current movie.

mmonroe
05-23-2008, 04:54 PM
McBee04, I was the guy, if you were at the 12:01 showing that said after the movie that I was going to warren from now on.. it wasn't till I was out side that I said the later part.

mcbee04
05-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I guess you and a guy in my theater must have just thought alike then. I did go to Warren, because they were playing it on all 14 screens and we thought we'd have a good chance of it not selling out.

mmonroe
05-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Well, we got free tickets from jediokc.com and so we went to harkins. They had it only showing in the Capri and later, before the movie started, said they had opened up theater 16 for more room.