View Full Version : In front of Warren?

xpertinfun
05-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Seen they are moving some dirt directly in front of the Warren now, Are they expanding the parking? Seems like they would need to if future expansion calls for a 20 plex. People are already parking on the grass when they have a hot movie.

Also heard someone suggest putting in a food court across from Warren.

Jesseda
05-20-2008, 10:09 AM
where is it saying they are going to expad to a 20 plex? if it is true thats great news, but is this just rumor?

flintysooner
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I read it an article that had an interview with Bill Warren but don't have the reference offhand.

Intrepid
05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Rumor was, in another thread, that a TGI Friday's was slated to go there. Another was that Warren may use that for add'l parking.

Intrepid
05-20-2008, 10:35 AM
In re: to the expansion, here is a comment from the man himself in a recent issue of "Moore Monthly" magazine: http://www.warrentheatres.com/Moore.pdf

"The building was originally planned as a 20-plex but is now only 14 screens. Why the change?

We started out with 20 screens with basically the same size footprint,
150 thousand square foot building. But I made the decision at the last
minute to switch it to 14 screens, and the reason I did…we only had one
big auditorium, I decided we needed two big auditoriums. I decided we
wanted our smallest auditoriums to be bigger. So I basically said, “I want
big presentation houses throughout.” We literally got rid of one auditorium
just by the fact of the size of the seats. I put in extra wide seats in all of the
theatres. When you do that, you have less seating. And we debated that,
but it goes back to setting that standard of quality, and you don’t violate
it. That’s hard to do because in business, that all costs money, and there’s
a temptation to say, well no one will notice this or no one will notice that.
So, that’s why we ended up with 14 screens because each one is bigger
than if we had done 20 and made them smaller. My 14-plex is bigger than
a 25-plex that a normal theatre company would build."

I have yet to see any other quotes from Bill Warren stating that the Moore location was going to expand. Someone else mentioned it in another thread, but with it's current design and location, I just don't see where the exapansion is going to fit, unless he builds "up".

zcamaro70
05-20-2008, 03:40 PM
What I know for a fact, there are two restaurant locations in front of Warren that Bill Warren owns. Warren will find the tenants for those locations. There was an article in the Journal Record stating Warren Theatre will expand to 20 screens. here is that thread http://www.okctalk.com/moore/6926-warren-theatre-14.html Last time I looked at the North side of the theatre, there was an exit doorway at the second floor level with no stair case. Could be a sign of expansion or they could be waiting for a staircase to arrive

For Rumor, I was told that Bill Warren is going to start his expansion after August and he is also looking to open a theatre in Edmond with two additional in Tulsa.
Also, TGI Friday's sold their plot of land to turn a big profit. They could eventually move back but I don't know.

pearlbluevtx
05-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Other rumor or fact I heard too ... from good sources - they are adding bathrooms on the wings b/c of the central bathroom issue.

another thing, I just checked - dummy me, late to the game! - movietickets.com to see about getting balcony (reserved) seating for the "Indiana" movie for friday night ... all sold out! Kinda late I guess!! LOL

edit: I just checked all of the balcony seating for Warren/Indiana ... all - ALL - sold out until NEXT TUESDAY ... Wow!

oschesar
05-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Pearl,
Last I heard Warren was having problems syncing online sales for the assigned seats, so they've disabled selling balcony tickets through movietickets.com. You have to go by Warren to pre-buy balcony tickets.

zcamaro70
05-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Ok I was wrong, somewhat. Warren has two restaurant spots on its property that he will lease out. Warren currently has to wait for the other developer(owns land furr's is on) to fill his land before Warren can sign any contract. Warren is trying to get out of waiting. They are also adding parking infront of the theatre right now to make up for the parking they are getting ready to lose.

Jesseda
06-27-2008, 12:02 PM
so any rumor as to what is going infront of warrens? Also what about the 19th and fritts area, they sure did dig up a lot of dirt

Intrepid
06-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I thought that it was announced in another thread that the current movement of dirt is to accomodate 500 new parking spaces.

As for restaurants, I think someone also said that TGI Friday's isn't happening as was once rumored.

Jesseda
06-27-2008, 12:43 PM
sorry i thought it was going to be something else, I thought a restaurant of some sort but didnt know.

Intrepid
06-27-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm sure that there's still the possibility for a restaurant or two, as additional parking has supposedly been in the works even before the theater opened.

Here's the link to the other thread talking about expansion at the Moore Warren and a proposed Warren on the northside:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/13202-warren-theatre-coming-memorial-rockwell.html?highlight=warren

zcamaro70
06-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Intrepid that was me talking about the parking spaces, TGI Friday's, Warren Expansion and the new Edmond/Northside location Warren. LOL I got blasted by several people for saying all of it was going to happen and look where we are today. I will let everyone know if I hear anything else happening in Moore. Do you think anyone will call me crazy again?

Jesseda
06-27-2008, 01:14 PM
you are not crazy plans change all the time, everytime a business gives a sketch of a new plans 95% come out totally different, look at the plans for the shopps in moore on the mooreed web site, it has changed a lot.. so you are not crazy, things change and happen

Intrepid
06-27-2008, 01:30 PM
I never questioned the expansion at the Moore Warren, I simply wondered where they were going to put the extra screens, and still haven't been given any answers.

With the current configuration, I don't see any other way but to build up.

Jesseda
07-03-2008, 07:39 AM
I was talking to a employee at Swadleys the other day, and they told me they are moving, I asked where to and they told me right in front of warren theater!!! So expect a barbaque joint right down the street from vans pig stand and on the other side jr barbaque and on the southside of 19th earls barbaque .....4 barbaque places in a one mile stretch of road!!!

Martin
07-03-2008, 07:43 AM
so is swadley's vacating their location at 5th & telephone? -M

Intrepid
07-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Don't they usually reside in existing structures? Will this be their first "build"?

When my daughter and I were at Warren last week, I noticed that with the new parking, there's really only two spots available for building now....one on the north and south side of the new parking.

Jesseda
07-03-2008, 08:15 AM
I didnt ask if they are leaving there old spot, I would assume that since they said they are moving infront of warren I thought that would be it, maybe there catering area might stay at that location, thre location they are at now is so hidden so i dont blame them for moving, it is just going to be to many barbaque places in that area...This is what a lady employee told me, I am taking her word for it because why lie about it, she didt say it wasa rumor she just plain told us we are moving soon, then i asked where and that what this lead to.

Intrepid
07-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Of all those BBQ restaurants, Swadleys is last on my list. And I haven't even tried JR's yet.

SoonerDave
07-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Disappointing. We went to Swadley's four times at their location on SW 89th and Western before finally giving up on the place. It just wasn't very good any of the times we went there. I know lots of people like it, so we gave it lots of chances, but finally it just became a disappointment.

By contrast, I had one of the best rib dinners I've *ever* had at Earl's in Moore last Friday. Absolutely awesome. I'd just taken a vacation to the SE part of the US, and made two BBQ stops in Memphis, and Earl's takes a backseat to neither of the places I visited...

-sd

BradR
07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Of all those BBQ restaurants, Swadleys is last on my list. And I haven't even tried JR's yet.

JR's is good, not home-town good, but good BBQ. I like the "JR's Favorite" sandwich with hot links, brisket and cole slaw on top!

</off topic>

xpertinfun
07-03-2008, 09:31 PM
hmmm, wonder if it will be of the same decor as warren since he owns the spots. Would like to see some of the same neon lighting going on.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Disappointing. We went to Swadley's four times at their location on SW 89th and Western before finally giving up on the place. It just wasn't very good any of the times we went there. I know lots of people like it, so we gave it lots of chances, but finally it just became a disappointment.

By contrast, I had one of the best rib dinners I've *ever* had at Earl's in Moore last Friday. Absolutely awesome. I'd just taken a vacation to the SE part of the US, and made two BBQ stops in Memphis, and Earl's takes a backseat to neither of the places I visited...

-sd

You owe it to yourself to try Spencer's BBQ. In my opinion, they beat everybody in town hands down.

/doesn't understand how Rib Crib stays in business.

BradR
07-06-2008, 06:15 AM
rib crib...ugh

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow...I leave for the weekend, come back this afternoon...And VOILA! Parking lot is DONE.

Holy crap they did that fast!

Intrepid
07-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Wow...I leave for the weekend, come back this afternoon...And VOILA! Parking lot is DONE.

Holy crap they did that fast!

My daughter and I were thinking the same thing when we drove by on Friday afternoon. She said that she had gone to the movies with her mother on Tuesday and it wasn't completed then.

That's some fast work! Too bad the entire theater couldn't have seen that quick of a turnaround after the groundbreaking. ;)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Too bad EVERYTHING doesn't move that fast :D

I was talking to one of the guys that's doing the pipefitting in the new Ricky's this last weekend, and he was bellyachin' on how long they were taking. He said that there's a few fireplaces inside, and it looks like they're going to have an outdoor eating area with a fireplace and everything. I was never a fan of their food though.

Intrepid
07-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Too bad EVERYTHING doesn't move that fast :D

I was talking to one of the guys that's doing the pipefitting in the new Ricky's this last weekend, and he was bellyachin' on how long they were taking. He said that there's a few fireplaces inside, and it looks like they're going to have an outdoor eating area with a fireplace and everything. I was never a fan of their food though.

Ugh! I ate there one time...never again.

And yes, I too have been wondering what the delay is on that place.

On another note, is the building south of the center and directly behind the AT&T store the new Best Buy??

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-06-2008, 03:12 PM
No idea. But I wish they'd hurry the hell up with it :D

Easy180
07-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Ugh! I ate there one time...never again.

And yes, I too have been wondering what the delay is on that place.

On another note, is the building south of the center and directly behind the AT&T store the new Best Buy??

We are still owed a PetSmart as well so it could be that...For some reason I thought the Best Buy was going in on the north side where the old Ricky's was

Anyone else super excited about the AT&T store that is about to open?

:lame:

Intrepid
07-06-2008, 09:00 PM
We are still owed a PetSmart as well so it could be that...For some reason I thought the Best Buy was going in on the north side where the old Ricky's was

Anyone else super excited about the AT&T store that is about to open?

:lame:

And is it is a TRUE AT&T store or just an authorized dealer?

okcustu
07-06-2008, 10:44 PM
maybe I'm confused as to where we're talking about. What's going up on that side street on the right side of Warren (from 35) they had the walls up haven't been that way in A few weeks

Jesseda
07-07-2008, 06:26 AM
I never really looked at the new rickys, but it is turning out really nice, but i to dont care for the food, why do we still not havea chilenos? I use to like alfredos, until the service started going downhill and the prices started going quickly uphill. Did anyone notice that we are getting yet another barbaque place in moore off eastern just north of moore christian school in that developing shopping center

Intrepid
07-07-2008, 06:56 AM
maybe I'm confused as to where we're talking about. What's going up on that side street on the right side of Warren (from 35) they had the walls up haven't been that way in A few weeks

That's the new Harley Davidson location. There's signage now.

traemac
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
And is it is a TRUE AT&T store or just an authorized dealer?

It is a TRUE AT&T store opening Thursday

Intrepid
07-07-2008, 08:16 PM
It is a TRUE AT&T store opening Thursday

Very cool.