View Full Version : 2008 Nba Draft

Watson410
05-19-2008, 06:10 PM
NBA Lottery is tomorrow night. What is everybody's take on who should go where? Of Course, mainly the OKC (BARONS) but other teams too... Who should OKC take if we for some reason land the 3-5 pick? Also, What do you think should be done with the #24 pick and the 4 picks in the 2nd round? Are there any hidden jewels in this years draft (i.e. Giniobli, Parker, and Arenas)?

Easy180
05-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Well the Sonics need a PG in a bad way so I'm hoping they land Derrick Rose....If they don't they should get Beasley and hope they luck out and still have a chance at Augustin

Watson410
05-19-2008, 07:35 PM
They could definitely use Rose, of course... But if he's not available when they pick i think they should go after a PG like Bayless from Arizona, don't get me wrong, Augustin is a got PG but he's not 3-5 pick worthy... he's later in the top 10. IMO.

dalelakin
05-19-2008, 08:29 PM
If they were able to come out of this draft with Beasley and Augustin combine them with Durant. Then lets assume the 3 of them gel together boy oh boy would that be a fun team to watch.

OKCMallen
05-19-2008, 09:21 PM
want rose BAD

Watson410
05-20-2008, 07:19 AM
The only way we'll get Rose is if we either get the 1st pick.... or if Minnesota or Memphis get the 1st pick and we get the 2nd pick. Let's hope for one of those two tonight with the lottery. I wouldn't be dissapointed with Beasley tho... have Durant outside the three point line knockin down shots with Beasley workin the inside game.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
05-20-2008, 09:01 AM
They could definitely use Rose, of course... But if he's not available when they pick i think they should go after a PG like Bayless from Arizona, don't get me wrong, Augustin is a got PG but he's not 3-5 pick worthy... he's later in the top 10. IMO.

I think what Easy meant was take Beasley with the first rounder and get Augustine with a later pick. Don't they have 4 or five picks this year? If so, they could look to trade a couple of them for some veteran help.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
05-20-2008, 09:02 AM
If they were able to come out of this draft with Beasley and Augustin combine them with Durant. Then lets assume the 3 of them gel together boy oh boy would that be a fun team to watch.
Don't forgey they got Green as well. That would be a good young nucleus.

SouthsideSooner
05-20-2008, 09:34 AM
The Sonics second pick is 24......most expect Augustin to be a borderline top 10 pick. They could trade up for that pick but I would rather see them work a trade with the Raptors for either Calderon or Ford if they can't get Rose.

betts
05-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm hoping for Rose, although Beasley would be an incredible consolation prize. I've heard various things about Augustin and where he will end up going, but we certainly need a point guard in this draft, as the great ones aren't being traded, and free agents aren't going to want to go to a team in limbo.

bradleylamar
05-20-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm actually hoping they get Beasley. I might be wrong, but I think he's going to be a better NBA player than Rose. Beasley has a lot of all-around talent. He even shoots 3's better than Rose. In the Memphis games that I watched, Rose was bigger, stronger, and faster than the other point guards that were defending him, and he took advantage of that. In the NBA, he isn't just going to over-power most other guards so he'll have to develop a lot more of his game. That to me puts a bigger question mark on Rose. Beasley has more skills than Rose.

Watson410
05-20-2008, 06:28 PM
4th pick that's disappointing.. hopefully Sam Presti can work some magic..

betts
05-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, we still need a point guard, but I don't know if someone like Bayless is worth taking fourth. Now I wish I'd watched more college basketball out west.

Watson410
05-20-2008, 06:51 PM
needing a PG there's Bayless (Arizona) which should be there at 4. As for Centers there's only one center worth anything, Lopez (Stanford) He may or may not be there when 4 rolls around, depends on what Minnesota does at 3.

Nixon7
05-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Go With Mayo. He will be a better pro than he was in college. Mayo-Durant-Green gelling together isn't a bad consolation.

Watson410
05-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Mayo will most likely go to Minnesota. They desperately need a SG.

Easy180
05-20-2008, 08:53 PM
nbadraft.net has Bayless going to the Sonics now at 4 even though they show him as a SG...Guess the only way that doesn't happen is if Minnesota passes on Lopez...Bayless has a lot less baggage coming in than Mayo

Haven't seen him play so I will look forward to watching him work out the kinks til he gets here in 2010

OKCMallen
05-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Mayo...ugh, Durant from UT, Mayo from USC....can't an OU fan get a break here?

Blazerfan11
05-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Trust me on this. The Sonics will seriously regret not taking Jason Thomson if he's still available. He is a great player.

NBADraft.net - Jason Thompson (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/jasonthompson.html)

Laramie
05-28-2008, 07:43 PM
The Sonics will be in full swing by 2010 and in Oklahoma City.

The team will be ready for some competitive NBA competition.

dalelakin
05-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Ok so Sonics have 6 picks 4,24,32,46,50 and 56 should be able to solidify many needs after the dismal season they are coming off.

I wouldn't be opposed to coughing up the 4 pick and the 3 late picks to move up to get either Beasly or Lopez. That still gives 3 solid picks in a good year for drafting. On the other hand get outside of the first 15-18 kids and it becomes very comparable talent wise IMO. So who knows hopefully they come out of it strong and get some kids that can gel together because all the talent in the world isn't worth a hoot if they can't work together. I am excited and ready for em!!!

Big Jebb
06-29-2008, 04:08 PM
I think we should all be happy with the Sonics getting Westbrook in the draft. He is probably the best defender in the draft plus he plays the crucial position of PG for our team...Plus, I think Ibaka could be a stud in a few years if he gets the proper teaching in Spain and he has an NBA body for a big man.

Nice draft Presti!!!

okcmarshalls
07-09-2008, 12:00 AM
presti is good!!!