View Full Version : "Staycation"

Blazerfan11
05-17-2008, 01:13 PM
So this is the new buzzword that all the sponging marketing groups are using. Since gas prices are up, the new thing is for you to stay at home in your town and do some stuff.... it's a "Staycation!". I can just see Cornett using all of his fancy contacts to get the go-go's and Visual Image to team up and make a big "staycation all I ever wanted...staycation gotta gotta NOT get away.....okc is super duper fun fun fun!!!"

now I like Belinda Carlisle and I like OKC, but I really hope we don't have a big "Staycation!!!" campaign....that stuff drives me up the wall.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000001I0L.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpghttp://www.hq.usace.army.mil/cepa/pubs/apr05/ok2.jpg

Karried
05-17-2008, 01:28 PM
lol, Staycation.. ha,ha...

I'm not buying it.. nothing compares to my tropical time in a hammock sipping a Corona with lime, overlooking the azure, vivid blues of the Caribbean, not even the red/brown river water.

No, no... Off I go, go....

I don't work 50 weeks a year to stay in Oklahoma.

I'll enjoy it the other weeks, but for two of those, I'm outta here.

Blazerfan11
05-17-2008, 01:39 PM
I am off to Istanbul in July....Paseo is nice, but not that nice!

Karried
05-17-2008, 01:43 PM
lol, agreed. Actually, I definitely see the merits of trying to conserve on gas ..... but my plane ticket is already bought... and I'm sure a fuel charge was included.

wsucougz
05-17-2008, 01:53 PM
I am off to Istanbul in July....Paseo is nice, but not that nice!

That's nobody's business but the Turks.

Blazerfan11
05-17-2008, 02:33 PM
JeQ-wjDH4F4

Dave Cook
05-17-2008, 05:40 PM
I don´t know. This might not be a bad idea.

I´ve been thinking parts of Panama City are looking alot like 29th and South Robinson.....just minus the streetwalkers and that goofy Brian Bates catching bj´s with his video camera.

mmonroe
05-17-2008, 09:01 PM
To St. Thomas in three weeks. Sorry OKC.

Karried
05-17-2008, 10:34 PM
I'll be in St Thomas in August... what are your plans there? Resort, cruise?

mmonroe
05-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Cruise. It will be my first one.

tuck
05-18-2008, 09:13 AM
spend the day at Magen's Bay...top 10 beach on the planet.

Magens Bay St.Thomas beach tour (http://www.magensbayvi.com/)

Karried
05-18-2008, 10:07 AM
wooooooooot! mmonroe - you're going to have so much fun! ... check out this site.. go to the boards and search for your particular cruise. You'll find so much info you won't know what to do with it... cruising in my opinion is such a great way to travel, go to sleep, wake up at a new port - all week long.

You will love the food.. prepare to gain at least 5 pounds ............. a day. lol... thankfully, they have a gym, a pool, and plenty of exercise options, a track around the ship.. etc etc.

Be prepared for salt water in the pools, most don't expect that and jump into salty water ( from the sea), and become blind for the day... lol

Also, be prepared for a big bar bill ( if you drink) at the end... don't fall for all of those frou frou drinks ... they'll cost you big time.

Most importantly, don't get drunk and lean over the balcony or railings.

Have fun!

Cruise Critic - Cruises, Cruise Ship Reviews, Ratings, Cruise Deals, Cruise Forums (http://www.cruisecritic.com)

Blazerfan11
05-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I wonder what ed crunk thinks about all of this? He always seems to like this kind of computer generated "creativity" LOL

plmccordj
05-18-2008, 03:37 PM
I agree. I hate it when the media comes up with these stupid phrases and then people blindly repeat them. A few examples that really get on my nerves is...

Bedlam, McDreamy, etc. I think Bedlam is the worst.

Pete
05-18-2008, 04:25 PM
I take a couple of "oblications" every year, using vacation time and money to go see family. :)

mmonroe
05-18-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm excited. I'll have to take some pictures.

Blazerfan11
05-18-2008, 04:36 PM
I agree. I hate it when the media comes up with these stupid phrases and then people blindly repeat them. A few examples that really get on my nerves is...

Bedlam, McDreamy, etc. I think Bedlam is the worst.

nothing can be worse than : Got (x entity)? (play on the got milk? campaign)

or even worse

x entity, a dollars
y entity, b dollars
z entity, priceless!

Whats upsetting about it, is that these imbicles are getting paid big bucks to "come up with" this crap...and passing the costs onto the consumers. George Bush 41 was a prophet with his voodoo economics rants.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-18-2008, 11:41 PM
To St. Thomas in three weeks. Sorry OKC.

I'm going to St. John later this year...London too (if my sister ever moves there like she said she's going to!)

Hopefully, my back and knee get better before this winter...I've missed TWO years of snowboarding dangit!

Blazerfan11
05-19-2008, 08:07 AM
London is nice. I did my grad work at LSE and have to say that it was somewhat of a nice experience! LOL