View Full Version : Facebook apps

Blazerfan11
05-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Anyone ever build one of these? I hear these folks making apps on Facebook are making tons of cash, and I'd like to develop a stock market game app...wondering if anyone has done this and if they had any luck.

mmonroe
05-15-2008, 09:32 AM
You have to love advertising costs. I've never built one, but i'm sure there are guides that show you how to work with the facebook framework to code an app, if facebook doesn't provide one already.

Karried
05-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I get 'Gifts' every day from friends using these apps... so people are definitely using them..

Truth Box, Buy My Pet.. etc - Myspace apps...

Are you thinking 'Stock market' as an app game itself?

If so, that might be too advanced for the younger crowd though.. unless you hit up college/ finance groups, they would probably enjoy that - like virtual gambling?

Blazerfan11
05-15-2008, 08:47 PM
yah, virtual gambling more or less. I think people might get into it...these games do really well elsewhere, like the cnbc stock market challenge...

CuatrodeMayo
05-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh great...another application for a billion people to invite me too.

I remember the good old days of facebook...no apps, no news feed, and no high school kids.

mmonroe
05-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Ditto, I remember when I first signed up back in 2005. Very simple, very secure, but now, I have to wonder if I should make a super poke, infect a zombie, or find out who my perfect match is.

EvokeCoffee
05-18-2008, 04:01 PM
I think a stock market type app would be fun. There is one for blogs - Fantasy Blog Share Market | Blogshares (http://www.BlogShares.com) - that makes your blog your stock. You sorta lose time trying to make your stock more profitable!

Blazerfan11
05-18-2008, 06:07 PM
I am working on it now....it's been awhile since i've done any PHP, but it's not the hardest thing in the world...

keving
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
there's already a stock trading facebook application. you get 10 million when you start and another 10 million for each friend you get to sign up.