View Full Version : Auto Wreckers?

05-13-2008, 04:03 PM
sheesh, When it rains it pours, someone backed into my car or ??? and left a huge scratch (gouge) on the plastic piece above the rear tire... I can get a new piece but will have to have it painted at a body shop.

I'm wondering if OK has a lot or place that you can get parts off of totalled vehicles.. ie Pic and Pull or something like that. Anyone know of anything in N OKC or Edmond or does anyone know a good auto painter/body shop? heavy sigh ...... well, at least I'm not in China.

05-13-2008, 04:45 PM
There's a place just south of the Oklahoma River off Santa Fe
See map at: - shorten that long URL into a Tiny URL (

05-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Sorry Karried. What a pain.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Karried, Wilson's on 59th and Shields is a salvage that specializes in Ford parts.

If they have what you need, let me know before you buy it...I know a guy who knows a guy, etc...That owns the place :D

05-14-2008, 10:15 AM
How I love you ogts .....

I'll call them and try to explain what the heck it even is.

This is usually how my conversations with auto personnel goes:

Me ' duhhhhh, it's a piece of plastic that goes on top of the wheel, well, not really on top, but just above slightly.. it's shaped like an arch, not like a cathredal arch but more like the McDonald's arch.. but only one - , it's in the back not the drivers side, the other side, it's fiberglass or plastic, some sort of similar material, my vehicle is white, do you have that part? ' lol - they usually either hang up at this point or transfer me to the correct dept. as I've usually just told my entire life history to the receptionist! ha.ha....

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-14-2008, 09:31 PM
There's no receptionist as far as I know...Just parts guys sitting at the counter.

And it sounds like you need a right rear fender flare :D

05-14-2008, 09:40 PM
lol, yeah that.

I'm waiting to hear from a relative who is an auto body guy and see if he can get me the part to paint..

I should say...... still waiting... lol

Thanks again.

I think it is called a Wheel Lip .. at least that is what some Service guy called it .. I got the part number finally....

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Getting a part then having it painted will likely run you a couple of hundred bucks...Finding one at salvage will probably be closer to $75, tops.