View Full Version : Hobby Lobby moving?

grandshoemaster
05-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I heard that they may be moving to the old grocery store at 15th and I-40. Any insight?

GWB
05-06-2008, 06:33 PM
I heard that they may be moving to the old grocery store at 15th and I-40. Any insight?

I thought Sams was moving there from 29th St in Del City. That's the rumor I heard anyway.

oneforone
05-09-2008, 12:25 AM
I think the Hobby Lobby move will be highly unlikely. They just expanded the 15th street store just a couple of years ago.

mmonroe
05-09-2008, 10:39 AM
From what I was told by Anthony, of Anthony's TV and Appliance when he was deciding to move from his store in Del City before Wal*Mart was built, he had looked at the old Beachlers building across the street, it was too much work and they wanted too much money. So whatever/whoever is going in, has to have deep pockets to repair the old facility.

SoonerDave
05-13-2008, 09:01 AM
One of the reasons these long-standing grocery stores often remain vacant is that considerable $$$$ is needed to bring the physical plant up to snuff...lots of old wiring, fire systems, plumbing that were just never upgraded over a long period of time, so when a new prospective tenant comes in, they see a big expense headache to get the property usable. Not saying it can't be done, by any means, but it is a bigger expense than some might expect. I know of a church that had a chance to buy an old grocery store a few years back, but it was in such poor physical shape it didn't make $$ sense for them to buy it and try to "rehab" it.

mmonroe
05-13-2008, 03:14 PM
SoonerDave, are you talking about the old Food Lion on 44th and Sooner? I know of a church that looked at it too... long story short, the entire flooring needed to be replaced because of a "river" that run underneath and made the foundation crumble. Also, when the May 3rd tornado came through, it took off parts of the roof. The amount of mildew inside also made it a bit of a health hazard. Tinker Industrial Business Park has since then bought it, i'd say they've done okay.

Thunder
06-05-2008, 07:20 AM
The person said I-40. I believe it is the place that Bleachers last occupied.

I read something from an official City of Del City page about something is going to take over the place. I forgot what it was. It seem that whatever it was never did happen.

I told my mom, that place is cursed. I lost count of how many food companies that were there.