View Full Version : Best Place to Suck Down Margaritas for Cinco De Mayo?

Misty
05-02-2008, 02:15 PM
So, where are the Cinco De Mayo hotspots and good ritas? Where will our own Cuatrodemayo be that day and will he be celebrating for two days straight??????

OKCMallen
05-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Mamasita's has pretty good margaritas and a fun patio!

Misty
05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Never been there, I'll have to sssssheck it out mang. Most importantly though, where will Oh GAWD the Smell be so I can get him drunk, club him over the head and drag him back to my cave? HA!

FritterGirl
05-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm waiting for Iguana Lounge to make its comeback. Best Perfect Margs ever!!!

Pearls' Lakeside's aren't bad either, but that place doesn't exactly have the Cinco de Mayo vibe.

Chefdavies
05-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I know on the border in norman has a usually pretty big party every year, unless it rains. With regards to margritas I haven't found "the one." Now a hurricane on the other hand. Louie's lakeside had me feeling like a katrina refugee after 3 of them haha.

CuatrodeMayo
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
So, where are the Cinco De Mayo hotspots and good ritas? Where will our own Cuatrodemayo be that day and will he be celebrating for two days straight??????

3 days, my dear. I graduate from OSU tomorrow.

Karried
05-02-2008, 03:30 PM

Sweeeeeeeettt !!!!!! Congrats!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-02-2008, 04:05 PM

Congrats!

As for the part about me...I don't think you realize how thick my skull is (it's bony scar tissue, really, I swear) and just how hard you're going to have to swing that club. And just ask easy180 about how weak your arms are. You're going to need rufies or something.

metro
05-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Your moms house. J/K, I hear Cafe Do Brasil and 1492 are blocking part of Walker off for a Cinco de Mayo Street party.

jbrown84
05-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Right because Cinco de Mayo is a holiday in Brazil...

lol. I guess it makes sense for them to capitalize on the holiday. Half of the general public has no idea what it's celebrating.

Dave Cook
05-03-2008, 11:47 AM
I was asking a group of friendly Mexicanos this last night on 29th. Most of them couldn't even speak of lick of Eigo as they were some fairly fresh FOB's.

Anyway, they were saying alot of locals head down to Dallas for a huge celebration at Dallas Cowboy Stadium. A day full of Mexican musicians. Said it was free entry...which almost seems hard to believe.

I asked about OKC and he said....'Don't know. Guess everyone will just go to the flea market on Sunnylane.'

Ha! Is this a great state or what?

lpecan
05-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Right because Cinco de Mayo is a holiday in Brazil...

lol. I guess it makes sense for them to capitalize on the holiday. Half of the general public has no idea what it's celebrating.

I don't think Cinco de Mayo is really a holiday anywhere but in the US.

Deseret News | Cinco de Mayo celebrations run all weekend (http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660217535,00.html)

darnell
05-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm waiting for Iguana Lounge to make its comeback. Best Perfect Margs ever!!!

Pearls' Lakeside's aren't bad either, but that place doesn't exactly have the Cinco de Mayo vibe.

i loved that place. :(

Misty
05-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Me too! I still can't decide where to go....margaritas at my place is starting to sound like the best option.......Everybody stop on by! lol

MikeLucky
05-06-2008, 09:00 AM
In commemoration of the "holiday" I did yardwork and drank a bunch of Tecates with my burrito dinner after......

autoMATTic
05-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I was asking a group of friendly Mexicanos this last night on 29th. Most of them couldn't even speak of lick of Eigo as they were some fairly fresh FOB's.

Anyway, they were saying alot of locals head down to Dallas for a huge celebration at Dallas Cowboy Stadium. A day full of Mexican musicians. Said it was free entry...which almost seems hard to believe.

I asked about OKC and he said....'Don't know. Guess everyone will just go to the flea market on Sunnylane.'

Ha! Is this a great state or what?

FOBs? Class amigo.

OKCMallen
05-06-2008, 08:29 PM
FOB = fresh of the boat? Is saying fresh FOB like saying ATM machine?