View Full Version : 2nd lowe's

Chefdavies
05-02-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm sure this had been dicussed already, but why is Lowe's building right off kelly? Do they plan to widen kelly now?

OKCisOK4me
05-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes. Check out the long term plans for road construction in Edmond, here:

http://www.edmondok.com/docs/engineering/traffic_project_report.pdf

Chefdavies
05-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Ah many thanks

Big MAC
05-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Just so you don't have to go all the way into the pdf file....

Kelly, south of Covell at proposed Lowes site
This project will build the two southbound lanes in front of the Lowes site. The project may include temporary signal at the entrance into Lowes. The estimated construction cost is $924,533.00 and is funded 80% by Lowes and 20% by the City.

Marc

bretthexum
06-09-2008, 09:16 AM
This is moving fairly quick now. Walls are going up now. I wonder if they are going to do the road construction before the store finishes? That would sure be a mess - new store that everyone wants to see and construction at the entrances. Yuck.

SoonerDustin
06-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Turner and Co says it should be open by November.

bretthexum
08-26-2008, 08:34 AM
The traffic around Covell/Kelly sucks bad right now with Kelly being closed. Don't even try to go near there during school times. I guess the completion is being pushed back a month because of all the rain we had. It was supposed to be completed before school started.

RabidRed
08-26-2008, 10:33 AM
I guess it's money but too bad while they have it messed up they didn't make it all four lane from Danforth to Covell. :numchucks

FFLady
08-26-2008, 10:47 AM
The traffic around Covell/Kelly sucks bad right now with Kelly being closed. Don't even try to go near there during school times. I guess the completion is being pushed back a month because of all the rain we had. It was supposed to be completed before school started.

Yeah, there was a sign stating Aug. 22nd....I wondered why it's still not finished - the rain!! Thanks for the heads up!

EdmondBrad
08-28-2008, 09:40 PM
OOOOOhhhh...the rain. We didn't receive that rain until about a week before the construction was supposed to be completed.:fighting4

OKCisOK4me
08-28-2008, 11:11 PM
I guess it's money but too bad while they have it messed up they didn't make it all four lane from Danforth to Covell. :numchucks

WHAAAAAT? That's just retarded. Please explain...

FFLady
09-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Might be a stupid question, but has anyone heard if the Ace Hardware on Danforth & Kelly will close when Lowe's opens????

hipsterdoofus
09-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Might be a stupid question, but has anyone heard if the Ace Hardware on Danforth & Kelly will close when Lowe's opens????

Hadn't heard that. I hope not - I like Ace for a lot of things - strangely enough they have some odd items you can't get at the huge warehouse chains...plus you can probably find help a lot easier.

Tex
09-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know what the multi-story building behind this new Lowe's is? It looks like maybe a hotel, or is it just another retirement community? It's about 5 or 6 stories tall, so too tall to be apartments.

bretthexum
09-25-2008, 10:27 PM
I am pretty sure it's apartments. It could be old folks apartments tho... not sure

oneforone
09-26-2008, 01:41 AM

I doubt it either. Westlake has made it a point to carry some of the hard to find items that the builder warehouse stores do not carry.

If you notice lately all of Westlake's new stores are in suburban neighborhood areas. They have become the handyman's convenience store. They are carrying more quick pick up and quick fix stuff.

I like Westlake because you make a quick 7-11 type run to get those little things that break or pick up the stuff for a quick project.

Westlake is awesome at Christmas. They have all the little odds and ends for repairing the old Christmas lights and decorations. Not to mention they always have a good selection of new Christmas stuff too.

bretthexum
09-28-2008, 06:49 PM
FYI on the area... they are closing Covell @ Broadway starting Monday. Sounds like it's going to be over a year to finish project. Not sure if Covell is going to be closed that whole time.

OKCisOK4me
09-28-2008, 10:43 PM
FYI on the area... they are closing Covell @ Broadway starting Monday. Sounds like it's going to be over a year to finish project. Not sure if Covell is going to be closed that whole time.

Widening Project Expands Covell to Four Lanes | City of Edmond, Oklahoma (http://www.edmondok.com/news/pressreleases/covellwidening)

Widening Project Expands Covell to Four Lanes
Construction is scheduled to expand Covell and add railroad underpass

Crews will begin September 29 at 9:30 am on the widening project to expand Covell to four lanes. The project also includes the construction of an underpass for the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad. The roadway surface will be twenty two feet below the existing tracks. In addition, there will be sidewalks tying into the recently completed sidewalks at Broadway and Covell. The contract duration for this project is 380 calendar days dependant upon weather.

The contractor will begin installing construction signs the week of September 22. Covell will be closed between Broadway and Thomas beginning Monday, September 29 and will remain closed for the duration of the project slated for fall 2009. Both, Broadway and Thomas will remain open. The old section of Boulevard on the north side of Covell, west of the track, will no longer have access to Covell and will dead end in a cul-de-sac.

The contractor is Sherwood Construction Co, Inc. from Wichita, Kansas. The contract amount is $6,096,879.00 of which 80 percent, $4,877,503.20, of the project is federally funded and the remaining 20 percent, $1,219,375.80, is city funded.

This project is administered and will be inspected by the Oklahoma Department of Transportation though its Perry, Oklahoma offices.

Tex
09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
from where to where is covell being expanded to 4 lanes? i didn't get that in the press release.

bretthexum
09-29-2008, 08:39 AM
from where to where is covell being expanded to 4 lanes? i didn't get that in the press release.

Just from Bway to the Sonic (Thomas)