View Full Version : Local Weather Coverage! ARGGGHH!!!

OKCisOK4me
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but hopefully one of my fellow posters works at one of the local stations and he/she can carry the word forward.

Attention weather men...as of 8:30PM the storms--this evening--are closer to the Tulsa market than the OKC market. My show comes on in 33 minutes and I prefer to watch it in HD broadcast....not at 3am because of your continued weather coverage regarding storms that have blown out of the OKC metro area over 2 hours ago & minimal storm damage! Wow, that guy has hail stones in his hand that are the size of robins eggs! Guess what?! It's long gone! Throw out all the bad news your report of anyway during the 10:00 newscast and use that 20 minutes to tell us about all the damage that 75% of us Oklahoma Citians will not venture in to.

jbrown84
05-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Thank you!

Anybody know where I can find out what time they will reair The Office and 30 Rock?

And if LOST doesn't air, I'll be PISSED.

soonerfever
05-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Yeah I head Gary England say that this paticular storm was actually Tulsa's responsibility and would be passed off. That was 20 minutes ago and he is still talking about the same storm as we speak.

soonerfever
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Now News 9 is reporting about a semi truck accident just outside of Muskogee. Glad I knew about that, I plan on driving to Muskogee tonight.

OKCisOK4me
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Thank you!

Anybody know where I can find out what time they will reair The Office and 30 Rock?

And if LOST doesn't air, I'll be PISSED.

That would be the show I'm referring to & it's actually kind of funny cause I text messaged my co worker who is a LOST fan as well and I told her "I will be lividly pissed"!

OKCisOK4me
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Apparently Rick Mitchell has Channel 5 by the __________ because he comes on when you call their telephone number. I was the 502nd--make that actually the 5th--caller to ask if LOST was going to air & he said "watch the ten o'clock news for information on for the re-broadcast.

Just like LaChance said on 'Stand By Me'...."Channel 5....^%&$ my fat one!"

NikonNurse
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
This is 3 hours of coverage and the storm is in NEW YORK by now.......yep...great pictures of hail.....its all melted...the insurance companies are already submitting claim checks at this point...............GET ON WITH IT. and why would we need to play with the interactive radar software when because you guys have it covered???

Make them go away...

solitude
05-01-2008, 07:57 PM
JBrown....Just in case, there are several - uh, illegal - places on the web that post the latest LOST episodes shortly after they air. Also, and you gotta love ABC, they have many of their shows online (after they've aired) but I've used it to get caught up with LOST and I'll watch Jimmy Kimmel on the weekends since I don't watch it during the week (on late).

ABC Full Episode Player (http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing)

By the way, if you watch any of the episodes on the ABC site, you have to install a plug-in that allows for incredible video. I've never seen streaming video with that high of quality - similar to Netflix's "Watch Now" quality, just superb.

Midtowner
05-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Screw 'em... watch it on the internet. Let the internet have the ratings.

NikonNurse
05-01-2008, 08:02 PM
What about Grey's Anatomy?????? Whahhhhhhhhhhhhh??

FritterGirl
05-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Even cable's not exempt. We lost LOST after Season 2. Are currently watching South Park reruns on Comedy Central and the "EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM" keeps beeping in telling us to tune into some other station for details.

I guess you just can't get away from it.

jbrown84
05-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Thank goodness!

I just called and I'm like, "oh, just wondering if LOST is going to be on. Pawhuska is TULSA market!"

OKCisOK4me
05-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Congrats to us citians who called KOCO to get them to air LOST!!!!

solitude
05-01-2008, 08:12 PM
On the subject of streaming TV on the internet, I have gone crazy with hulu.com. It is an NBC, FOX, Sony (and others) venture where current and classic TV shows are in repository to watch anytime - free. I watched several classic Dragnet episodes from the late 60's series recently.

Here's a direct link to the TV episodes available at hulu:
Hulu - Browse TV Shows Alphabetically (http://www.hulu.com/browse/alphabetical/tv)

Jon27
05-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Ok...here we go...

"Ugly Betty" will air Saturday from 1:09-2:09 a.m., and "Grey's Anatomy" will air from 2:09-3:11 a.m.

CBS' 'Survivor' will re-air Friday at 2:10 a.m., followed by 'CSI' at 3:12 a.m.

I still can't find anything about The Office or 30 Rock, if anyone gets this. Please post.

johnnyincog
05-01-2008, 09:14 PM
for the torrent inclined:

EZTV - TV Torrents Online (eztvefnet.org is now eztv.it) (http://www.eztv.it/frontpage.php)

Big C
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Ok...here we go...

"Ugly Betty" will air Saturday from 1:09-2:09 a.m., and "Grey's Anatomy" will air from 2:09-3:11 a.m.

CBS' 'Survivor' will re-air Friday at 2:10 a.m., followed by 'CSI' at 3:12 a.m.

I still can't find anything about The Office or 30 Rock, if anyone gets this. Please post.

Channel 4 just said a few minutes ago that all of the NBC shows will air starting at 2AM.

rwood8
05-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Just for the record:

Your annoying phone calls had NOTHING to do with what time they went off the air.

Don't let your egos blow up. If anything, your phone calls want to make them stay ON the air longer.

venture
05-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Wow...

Good thing Spring is only once a year, otherwise this site would be filled with more of these pointless threads. We've been over this how many times?

And the weather coverage was 2 hours outside the normal news time. Not that bad. Also remember, OKC stations provides the only local TV coverage to just more than the surrounding metro area. Needless to say...I'm sure the people that had damage today either from the tornadoes, massive hail, or winds were thankful for the coverage.

Pawhuska is definitely Tulsa's job...i think the big thing is that once it was past Stillwater and such...there was about 30 minutes left of the shows in that time slot. I don't think many people want to come back to it missing half the show.

They'll reair tonight...pending the next round of severe storms coming in now. Set your VCR or Tivo and shut up. Get ready for the next round...first warnings on them just went up.

jbrown84
05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
And the weather coverage was 2 hours outside the normal news time. Not that bad. Also remember, OKC stations provides the only local TV coverage to just more than the surrounding metro area. Needless to say...I'm sure the people that had damage today either from the tornadoes, massive hail, or winds were thankful for the coverage.

Pawhuska is definitely Tulsa's job...i think the big thing is that once it was past Stillwater and such...there was about 30 minutes left of the shows in that time slot. I don't think many people want to come back to it missing half the show.

That's my beef. KOCO was still talking about it well after it passed into Tulsa's territory, but they rightly cut it off just in time for Lost, but NBC, for absolutely no reason, kept going 7 minutes into ER.

If this were in the metro, I'm not complaining--they should be covering it, but not when it's passed into parts of the state that DON'T EVEN GET OKC STATIONS.

OKCisOK4me
05-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow...

Good thing Spring is only once a year, otherwise this site would be filled with more of these pointless threads. We've been over this how many times?

They'll reair tonight...pending the next round of severe storms coming in now. Set your VCR or Tivo and shut up. Get ready for the next round...first warnings on them just went up.

Dear Goldmember,

Please don't pay attention to my original post in which I stated "I'm sure this has been discussed before in the past". I only started the post to air out my own personal feelings.

Granted, it's a good thing they do it, especially if life is in harm's way! But who's sitting there watching the TV when a tornado is barreling down upon them? OKAY, so they have that battery powered TV in their storm shelter. Guess what? Its little 7" antenna isn't gonna be strong enough to pull in the OKC signal when the storms our stations are covering are over 75 miles away from where the station is that is broadcasting!

Also, some of us really prefer to watch the original broadcast at the time its aired. That reason being I prefer to watch it in HD. I didn't drop two grand on a tv to watch shows in standard definition. Therefore I don't want to watch a rebroadcast that's going to be aired in SD. Get what I'm preaching? Thank you.

99% of the time I love this $%#, but not when it's interrupting a show that's airing 2 hours after the storms have passed our general viewing area & the people they're trying to reach can't even view the station because their cable is supplied by electricity that is out because of lightning or wind or a tornado knocking down the power lines that go to those far off houses!

How many examples can I provide? I'm good to go now...but telling someone to shut up just provoked me once again. Glad Channel 5 (705 in OKC) had the sense to go back to programming. I heard from a friend that David Payne treated the situation like it was the end of the world!

OUman
05-02-2008, 06:32 AM
^Keep in mind though that when severe weather is in the viewing area the same coverage is aired by local radio stations (KMGL, KRXO, KYIS FM, and King Country (?) or 96.9 I believe) so they don't necessarily use a small antenna-powered TV set. ;)

Actually, if anyone was watching all three channels yesterday, KWTV's weather coverage was the first to break back to regular programming, and KFORs was last.

GWB
05-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Last night, before I went to bed, I set the VCR to copy CSI, but wouldn't you know it, our electricity went out for a few hours and the program didn't get copied. Any suggestions?

venture
05-02-2008, 07:49 AM
The full episode of CSI should be on the CBS website to watch. That's what I'll be doing today.

Also, some of us really prefer to watch the original broadcast at the time its aired. That reason being I prefer to watch it in HD. I didn't drop two grand on a tv to watch shows in standard definition. Therefore I don't want to watch a rebroadcast that's going to be aired in SD. Get what I'm preaching? Thank you.

Such financial sacrifices. Either way...its OKC. This isn't going to change, especially during a potentially tornadic situation. The only improvements would be definitely cutting back coverage as it exits the viewing area.

OUman
05-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Last night, before I went to bed, I set the VCR to copy CSI, but wouldn't you know it, our electricity went out for a few hours and the program didn't get copied. Any suggestions?

Not much you can do in that case (unless of course you prefer to stay awake and then re-set the VCR ;) Only joking of course). We had a power hit about two three times with some lightning strikes close to our neighbourhood. It's funny to watch your Dish TV box light illuminate when you're not pressing any buttons LOL.

windowphobe
05-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Of course you know that by next February, you'll have to have a whole new battery-operated TV, or you're going to see an awful lot of snow down in the shelter.

jbrown84
05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
The only improvements would be definitely cutting back coverage as it exits the viewing area.

That's all I ask.

Actually, if anyone was watching all three channels yesterday, KWTV's weather coverage was the first to break back to regular programming, and KFORs was last.

That's not surprising. KFOR is almost down there w/ FOX as the worst news station in town.