View Full Version : Number of churches in OK

Dave Cook
05-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Is there anyway I can find out the number of churches that are operating in Indian Territory and the city of Oklahoma City itself?

Thanks.

Martin
05-01-2008, 04:27 PM
what do you mean 'indian territory'? are you looking for historical information from the turn of the century? -M

kevinpate
05-01-2008, 05:05 PM
calculate the # of square miles in the state, multiple by 12.28 and you'll be somewhat close. Before one pishposhes too loudly, do keep in mind that there are many perspectives on what constitutes a church :)

metro
05-01-2008, 09:33 PM
what do you mean 'indian territory'? are you looking for historical information from the turn of the century? -M

Exactly, Indian Territory no longer exists. I'm currently in my teepee on the internet. I can tell you there are over 3000 churches in the OKC metro area alone. I used to be an independent marketing consultant for churches. I have an exact number with more detailed info, but that's proprietary info since it took me months to build that database. I suppose our question is, what are you wanting this information for.

jpeaceokc
07-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Exactly, Indian Territory no longer exists. I'm currently in my teepee on the internet. I can tell you there are over 3000 churches in the OKC metro area alone. I used to be an independent marketing consultant for churches. I have an exact number with more detailed info, but that's proprietary info since it took me months to build that database. I suppose our question is, what are you wanting this information for.

Does this mean that you have an actual mailing list of churches in the OKC metro area that you rent?

metro
07-09-2008, 08:03 AM
No, not really. I don't "mail" these churches and don't rent or sell the list out. Again, what is the reasoning behind wanting this information?

bretthexum
07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
3000 churches in the metro? WOW...

The end is near!

Toadrax
07-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Why not ask God? I bet he knows.

mmonroe
07-10-2008, 03:26 AM
3000 churches!!!

I was wanting to know roughly how many there were as well, i'm glad i got the number. Geez!