View Full Version : Urban Neighbors?

baybay4ev
04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi, I am looking for people who might be members or know of Urban Neighbors. A friend and I have been looking for different groups in the OKC area so that we can be involved, but still be somewhat be meeting on the social side, new friends etc. I am not really sure I completely understand the purpose of Urban Neighbors. I know it's for better living downtown, but is it mostly just about Real Estate? I don't live downtown, I own my own home. We're just looking to get involved somewhere. Does anyone have any insight on this group or know of any other local social/involved groups in Oklahoma City?

Thanks in advance!

OKCMallen
04-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Also curious.

metro
04-30-2008, 07:46 PM
I am a board member of Urban Neighbors, there are several threads about Urban Neighbors and I usually post all updates regarding the organization. If you have any specific questions, I'd be more than happy to answer. Please also feel free to use the "search" feature of this site and search for other urban neighbors threads.

To answer your question, Urban Neighbors is NOT mostly about Real Estate. We are downtown's neighborhood association (first designed for the residents of downtown) but we also help businesses downtown OR just "friends of downtown" as we call it. Basically we are the official conduit for downtown residents/ fans of downtown directly to the city of OKC. We have great monthly socials as well as do civic projects and get people plugged into things happening downtown (which is where most momentum is really building in this city).

I encourage you to check out our website: Home | Urban Neighbors (http://www.urbanneighbors.org) also please PM me with any additional questions you may have.