View Full Version : Sooner and I-40 development

Pages : 1 [2]

oneforone
05-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Honest, I am surprised the MWC chamber does not work to land one on the site of the closed Albertson's and Wal-Mart site on Reno and Midwest.

Thunder
05-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Honest, I am surprised the MWC chamber does not work to land one on the site of the closed Albertson's and Wal-Mart site on Reno and Midwest.

Those sites would be best for community centers and flea markets.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-14-2009, 04:54 AM
Nothing is "best" for a flea market. I've rarely seen one (never in OKC) that wasn't a blight on the area around it.

bombermwc
05-14-2009, 07:22 AM
Hell no on a flea market. A movie theater would be nice there, but they like to flock to the highways like everyone else. The old Albertson's/Wal-Mart lot is going to be hard to fill forever. I think subdividing the space would probably be a better deal. Wal-Mart could be divided up into office space. The high ceiling would make it easy enough to make it into a 2 floor facility as well.

narrowexpanded
05-14-2009, 09:09 AM
ok, lets sum this up... this is what we know is going in:
buffalo wild wings, holiday inn,

rumored:
charlestons, johnnies hamburgers, johnny carinos, & golden corral.

i was told conns, maybe...but then was told by a mgr at conns they would be expanding within 2 years and he mentioned midwest city and norman.

most people have lobbied for a bookstore like borders, however improbable, because apparently us southsiders "dont read two good." i still really want this to happen though.

so, what am i missing? any updates?

Thunder
05-14-2009, 10:10 PM
so, what am i missing? any updates?

IKEA :omg:

narrowexpanded
05-14-2009, 10:29 PM
so what am i missing that is based on reality? :hairyguy:

Thunder
05-14-2009, 10:45 PM
We don't really know beside rumors. The entire projects is pretty much a hush-hush until signs pop up with more info.

bombermwc
05-15-2009, 10:55 AM
You know, B&N could happen. It failed on 29th because MWC wouldn't give in to the B&N demands for incentives...and rightly so. But the game has changed and now they may work out a deal with this development. Either location would be awesome for either a B&N or a Books a Million.

mikeypayload
06-01-2009, 07:39 AM
I heard through the grapevine that along with Buffalo Wild Wings, Del City will be getting a Charleston's and Johnnies Hamburgers. Has anyone heard of any other businesses coming in to that area?

That would be awesome to get all three of them! Now I don't have to drive to Moore in order to get wings on game days

Thunder
06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings seem to be open now. Cars flowing in, parked.

easternobserver
06-02-2009, 09:22 PM
The sign says BWW opens on the 7th. Likely they are doing some sort of training to get the reastaurant ready to open.

Thunder
06-02-2009, 09:28 PM
The sign says BWW opens on the 7th. Likely they are doing some sort of training to get the reastaurant ready to open.

So, those employees are cooking meals and eating them for free. :LolLolLol

narrowexpanded
06-03-2009, 12:28 AM
def open on sunday...training til then

narrowexpanded
06-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Heard from BWW management that a Carls Jr. would be built in front of BWW facing Sooner Road. I am not excited about this development in the least. Nothing against Carls Jr...just think its a bad idea. Especially if it goes in where I was told it would...so add that to the rumored list

Thunder
06-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Heard from BWW management that a Carls Jr. would be built in front of BWW facing Sooner Road. I am not excited about this development in the least. Nothing against Carls Jr...just think its a bad idea. Especially if it goes in where I was told it would...so add that to the rumored list

Carl's Jr?! That's sad. We don't need common fast food resturant there, especially Carl's Jr!

Thunder
06-09-2009, 09:26 PM
That rumored story about Carl's Jr building in the mentioned space is a VERY BAD IDEA!

I drove by just after 10pm and saw the space COMPLETELY FULL!

Yup, that's right, Buffalo Wild Wings NEED MORE SPACE!!!

grandshoemaster
01-31-2011, 11:35 AM
So is the redevelopment near BWWings at a complete hault? What's going on?

easternobserver
01-31-2011, 05:49 PM
I saw survey crews out there at lunch yesterday. I think the burger place is starting construction. Last time I asked I was told that FEMA and Conoco had held things up so long that some committed businesses had gone elsewhere, but that there were still a number who actually own parcels in the development, including the hotel, so they will be starting as soon as the pipeline mess is sorted out and the stop light can be put in.

Watson410
02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Dirt has started to move on the lot east of BWW..

Redskin 70
02-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Keep an eye on the south end of the development also........In addition I hear new developemnt will begi soon over by the new ONCUE..........
Yerp Del City's on the move again after 20 years of bad political management

plmccordj
02-19-2011, 01:08 PM
The Carl's Jr. is not a rumor. It is a done deal just as a Discount Tire is a done deal on the South end of the development. I think Del City has some great management. Since Mayor Linley has been there, all sorts of improvements have been happening. I have first hand experience that he cares about the people and works to make things better.

bombermwc
02-21-2011, 06:42 AM
I'd like to see the 15th and I-40 project to kick off. They've been eating up the land, but now it just looks sad there.

Redskin 70
02-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Its coming, I can feel it in my bones

Redskin 70
04-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Compradas Mexican as well as a Louies are now in the works.
Discount tire will break groun any day now

Thunder
04-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Compradas Mexican as well as a Louies are now in the works.
Discount tire will break groun any day now

Those two are new to me, so I consider it acceptable.

However, Discount Tire sounds like junk, unless someone want to tell me why its so praised.

Carl's Jr. Yuck! They tried that here already and failed. I do not know why the city approved of this. We want restaurants and places that will be unique, not another fast food chain, especially at that corner.

PHXguyinOKC
04-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Discount Tire is a great company. Been around many years and good prices on tires and good service. Plus, I gotta support an Arizona based company

plmccordj
04-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Me too. I use to live near 43rd and Camelback Road near Alhambra High School. That is a rough area these days.

mcca7596
04-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Discount Tire is a great company. Been around many years and good prices on tires and good service. Plus, I gotta support an Arizona based company

This. I love Arizona in general and Phoenix specifically.

BBatesokc
04-17-2011, 03:22 PM
There is nothing 'crappy' about that house. It is very nice on the outside and even better on the inside. They sold the land being developed but not their homestead. Part of the deal had one of the homes on the property moved to its current location.

easternobserver
04-23-2011, 10:25 PM
I think old farm houses are pretty cool. There is nothing wrong with maintaining a little character. We dont have to pave every square inch next to the section line roads -- in fact, we shouldnt.

Redskin 70
04-24-2011, 08:07 AM
There is nothing 'crappy' about that house. It is very nice on the outside and even better on the inside. They sold the land being developed but not their homestead. Part of the deal had one of the homes on the property moved to its current location.

Who said this old homestead house is crappy. I know the owner personally and I think she would disagree its crappy.