View Full Version : Cox rates go up?

Chefdavies
04-25-2008, 11:06 AM
I checked my bill and it went up 2 dollars, I know its not much but damn. Upon calling the the company they responded well it just went up sorry. Just thought everyone should check their bills.

Have a great weekend, and eat up!

metro
04-25-2008, 11:42 AM
AT&T's DSL internet goes up 5 bucks next month. Doesn't matter what "level" you have either. COX and AT&T both put their "rate raises" in our bills last month in very small print of course.

Intrepid
04-25-2008, 11:56 AM
AT&T's DSL internet goes up 5 bucks next month. Doesn't matter what "level" you have either. COX and AT&T both put their "rate raises" in our bills last month in very small print of course.

I work for DirecTV, and our rates went up as well, as did DISH Network's.

Most cable/satellite providers do this around this time every year, unless you're on some sort of introductory offer, and even then that intro offer doesn't usually last more than a year.

And most, if not all, do not have to provide any type of "warning". It's usually written into the customer agreement you get at the beginning of service that the company can change programming, and/or rates, at anytime and without notice. The fact that they do put it on the billing statements is simply a courtesy.

mmonroe
04-25-2008, 01:30 PM
I havn't gotten a bill in appox. 45 days now.. i'm kinda worried. Cable is still on, internet still works... just curious where the bill is.

Chefdavies
04-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Thank you for the insight into this. I just happen to notice it and it struck a nerve, probably I had a bad day in the kitchen.

Blazerfan11
04-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Where are all the "deregulation will lower your bills dramatically" ding dongs??!?!? Oh they are partying at sushi neko to celebrate Jim Roth voting to deregulate COX phone...thus begins the slippery slope...say goodbye to cspan and public access...

this'll at least be good for city council attendance which has been miserable as of late. Who am I to complain, I haven't been in 2 yrs when I did my talk on Lake Hefner, lol.

OU Adonis
04-25-2008, 04:32 PM
I love when people complain about cable rates as they pay $3.25 a gallon to drive their SUV around.

mmonroe
04-25-2008, 06:38 PM
I leave the explorer at home and drive my pontiac grand am where I need to.

Blazerfan11
04-25-2008, 07:56 PM
I love when people complain about cable rates as they pay $3.25 a gallon to drive their SUV around.

I think you have to choose your battles....If the Dems win the new FCC guys will do something about the cable rip offs, where as whoever the President will be powerless to do anything about the gas prices. Kind of like how if David Glover were smart, he wouldn't be all fussybritches about the ball team, rather at the village city council meeting trying to help them get extra copies of the hit book "Free Lunches!" LOL

EvokeCoffee
04-25-2008, 08:52 PM
I am waiting for the price hikes to be some sort of response to raising prices in rice and gas...:confused: ..sorry. That was bad.

mmonroe
04-26-2008, 10:59 AM
if David Glover were smart, he wouldn't be all fussybritches about the ball team

*rimshot*