View Full Version : Car crashes in oklahoma building

Chefdavies
04-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Not sure what happened but a Nice Mercedes SUV is firmly placed in one of the offices down at street level. I have no other details. It just looks interesting. I have some pictures on my phone I'll upload

ksearls
04-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Wow! You should of heard it!! Right underneath our office at Oklahoma Tower. The white Mo is sitting backwards in the old Hornets Store retail space. An older couple is still in the car and appear to not be seriously hurt (although they must be seriously embarrassed, it has drawn quite a crowd). Supposedly he was attempting to parallel park and hit the gas instead of the brake.

It's a happening!

Chefdavies
04-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Damn oklahoma drivers, and I thought they the 4 way stop was all they can't figure out. Hope they are okay.

julieriggs
04-24-2008, 12:10 PM
We stopped and oogled it on the way back from lunch at the Arts Fest. I think he must have jumped the curb, taken down the light pole and gone backwards through the plate glass window. The front end of the car didn't appear to be damaged. There was an ambulance and gurney, but the EMTs did not appear to be working on anyone, so I think they were OK.

Bless their hearts! How embarrassing...

Steve
04-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks to Kim, photos are posted at OKC Central — All about downtown OKC (http://www.okccentral.com).

Lauri101
04-24-2008, 05:27 PM
That figures - I take off a day and miss what I would have seen through the breakroom window!

[off topic] The ONLY thing I hate about the Arts Festival - the people who come downtown during working hours fail to remember that we are a working downtown. The visitors walk across the street without looking, drive the wrong way on one-way streets and forget how to park their gas guzzling monster machines between the lines or next to curbs. [rant over]

mmonroe
04-24-2008, 05:33 PM
...and I could have been down there today but decided to stay home...

Kerry
04-25-2008, 12:36 PM
I'll take a Big Mac, large fries, a Coke, and 2 apple pies. What? This isn't the drive through? I'm sorry, my mistake. Can you direct me to the Bricktown McDonalds?