View Full Version : Ice House

Intrepid
04-23-2008, 12:44 AM
As I was listening to the Sports Animal today, I heard an advertisement for this:

Twice the Ice Vending in Oklahoma - For a Better Price (http://www.icehouseoklahoma.com/)

Has anyone else seen these around town? Looks like there's only a limited number of them around OKC.

Seems like a cool concept if there's no 24-hr convenience store around. Or if you need a ton of ice and need to keep it on the d-lo for that dead body in the trunk.

:tiphat:

mmonroe
04-23-2008, 01:03 AM
We've had one here in midwest city for awhile, but it doesn't beat stopping by a sonic and asking them to fill up your ice chest...

Architect2010
04-23-2008, 05:58 AM
Theres one right down the street from me on 44th and Walker.

EvokeCoffee
04-23-2008, 06:51 AM
I think this sounds great. Thanks for letting me know about it! We at Cafe Evoke Coffee Catering needs ice almost everyday for our coolers and for iced coffee drinks, iced tea, and other cold drinks.

This will beat stopping and paying $1.50-$2.00 for ice everyday!

I will have to try it out. Are they pretty easy to use? Are there normally lines?

metro
04-23-2008, 07:39 AM
I think it's a bad idea. OKC needs all the beautification we can get, having more sub-par developments and things like this, isn't helping anything. We need to have higher standards.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-23-2008, 07:43 AM
I think it's a great idea.

EvokeCoffee
04-23-2008, 07:45 AM
OKC needs all the beautification we can get, having more sub-par developments and things like this, isn't helping anything. We need to have higher standards. Is there a way to create something like this that looks nice?

I think the idea is great - but have not really thought about the development side of it. I think you could say the same things about the stand alone coffee kiosks (while maybe not found as often in Oklahoma) - one like in Kickingbird Square in Edmond. They are doing a great job in making them look nice and more permanent.

Are these located in deserted lots? Now that you mention it, I may have to go take a look as I agree with you - we need beautification in this area!

MadMonk
04-23-2008, 08:03 AM
That's a fantastic idea. You'd make a killing if you placed them near lake or camping areas. Or how about in rest areas on the highway?

Intrepid
04-23-2008, 08:12 AM
That's a fantastic idea. You'd make a killing if you placed them near lake or camping areas. Or how about in rest areas on the highway?

Rest areas would be perfect! Great idea MM.

:tiphat:

mcbee04
04-23-2008, 08:57 AM
I will have to try it out. Are they pretty easy to use? Are there normally lines?

We use the one in MWC a lot. It's like any other vending machine, put in your dollars and a bag of ice comes down the chute. There's never been a line. I've never seen anyone else using it, now that you mention it. . .

mmonroe
04-23-2008, 02:17 PM
I've used it a few times. I've just never been in a huge rush for needing a lot of ice.

ultimatesooner
04-23-2008, 03:26 PM
I have seen several of them @ Lake Texoma. I have thought about buying a few and putting them on some land my family owns @ Tenkiller